|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Anvil of Bogardan
Players have no maximum hand size.
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player draws an additional card, then discards a card.
Anvil of Bogardan Discussion
1 week ago
Here's a pretty good list of what I'd tweak:
Add - Breya, Etherium Shaper , Revel in Riches , Vampiric Tutor / Demonic Tutor / Diabolic Tutor etc., Forced Fruition , Master of the Feast , Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas , Stroke of Genius , Anvil of Bogardan , Howling Mine , Howling Golem , Copy Enchantment , Blinkmoth Urn , Broodstar
Remove - Daretti, Scrap Savant , Laboratory Maniac , Coveted Jewel , Flux (nobody will choose to do it), Psychosis Crawler (YOU don't necessarily draw enough), Alhammarret's Archive (costs too much mana for a do-nothing), Sunbird's Invocation , Oath of Teferi (too niche), Chandra Ablaze (on the fence, just a lot of mana), Propaganda / Ghostly Prison / Sphere of Safety (unless you're in a super-aggro meta)
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Forced Fruition because decking your opponents is fun
Library of Leng because discarding another wheel back onto your library keeps the fun going
Anvil of Bogardan because it lets you filter your own draws while doing Nekusar things
Mana Geyser because wheels cost mana
Past in Flames because your graveyard isn't just for discards
Mizzix's Mastery because it's time for the fun to end
2 months ago
@ MCJennings The Anvil of Bogardan looks very sweet to me and I think that it might just be better than Howling Mine indeed. Very often I'm hording valuable enchantments and artifacts in my graveyard to cast an Open the Vaults , most of the time resulting in a powerfull bordstate unexpected by my opponents. The Anvil should be able helping me by filling my graveyard over the time with valuable goods... I'm making some changes to my Zedruudeck at the moment, trying out some new things to spice it up. So I did just cut the Howling Mine for Torpor Orb (SCREW YOU, Bane of Progress !!) . I'm going through some testing right now and I will update the deck sometime next week here on tappedout :)
2 months ago
I wanted to brainstorm with you an old card I just discovered because of MTG Goldfish. What are your feelings about Anvil of Bogardan in place of Howling Mine ? Obviously it's not card advantage, but it is one more means of having no maximum handsize and still digs deeper. Same cost card type and general function does make them comparable.
I think I am going to work it into my list but I'm still mulling it over.
2 months ago
I feel like Black Vise is strickly better than Iron Maiden , Anvil of Bogardan will let you kill them faster, by increasing the cards in their hand to kill them faster how does everyone feel about this combo: Inspiring Statuary + Winter Orb letting you tap winter orb at after your opponent's untap step, so all your lands untap on your untap step, removing the mana restriction on yourself, so you can Blue Sun's Zenith
3 months ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
Anvil of Bogardan occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%