|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Untap them.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rallying Roar Discussion
1 day ago
I'm not too sure on why I did the color combo. I guess I wanted to diversify my deck if that makes sense, and picked the white and black since vampires seemed to have both.
I'm thinking of what I want my deck to do... Probably trying to get a bunch of Vampire tokens out with lifelink, and try to control.
Going to be adding some of those lands you mentioned.
I want to focus on the synergy. I'm not sure what I could possibly have the deck do. I'm thinking about adding 4xElenda, the Dusk Rose to build her up and sacrifice the creatures from the planeswaker. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
1 week ago
AUAIOMRN The Rallying Roars allow for a spike in damage mid-combat, and untap all of your creatures allowing for block phase on their combat. The Alley Evasions are good for winning small trades, or bouncing important cards back to your hand. Baffling End seems like a great sideboard card, and I may switch my Field of Ruins for Arch of Orazca.
The Immortal Sun however is not performing like I had hoped and will most likely be switched out very soon.
I appreciate your help! and I will definitely take those suggestions into consideration when reformatting the deck.
Arthfael208 on Dinos
1 month ago
Last comment did not work so I reposted it in a different format.
These are my recommendations:
- Tilonalli's Knight - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Shining Aerosaur - plain dino
- Raptor Companion - plain dino
- Titanic Ultimatum - you do not need overrun effects in your dinos deck as they are strong enough on thier own.
- Deathmist Raptor - does not really do anything in your deck but is a 3/3 deathtouch
- Frenzied Raptor - plain dino
- Imperial Lancer - for your commander you want mostly dinosaurs and this is not a good enough.
- Pterodon Knight - same as above.
- New Horizons - better ramp available
- Dinosaur Stampede - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Huatli's Spurring - same as above.
- Rallying Roar - same as above.
- Slash of Talons - not really good you could go Path to Exile instead as a better removal at the same cmc.
- Coat of Arms - do not need to add damage it is better to ramp your commander or add dinos for him to get.
- Ramp cards like Skyshroud Claim or Cultivate.
- Creature ramp specifically Birds of Paradise, the elves, and Priest of Titania.
- ways to cheat in dinos Quicksilver Amulet and Elvish Piper.
- more dinos with effects you do not want plain dinos that are just a 4/3 beater you want it to do something.
- more haste enablers like Swiftfoot Boots or Urabrask the Hidden
- more removal or ways to interact with the board like Path to Exile, Nature's Claim, Wear, Austere Command, and Pyroblast
3 months ago
Little update from what was actually my first FNM.
Small pod, only 11 participants. One thing to note is that about half of the guys at my FNM are pretty "serious" about Magic and they were grinding games with their decks ready for the PPTQs the next day. Two are in a semi-pro team as well. So, enough with the excuses.... :)
Cut to the chase, the deck went 2-2 including 1 bye (4th round).
Match 1: 2-1 to the cats. The opponent was playing a janky home-brewed R/G "big things + pump" deck. I got mana screwed on game 2, which I lost, and he had a turn 2 Rhonas's Last Stand into mega pump. In the other games I absolutely wiped him though.
Match 2: 0-2 against Temur Energy. This guy ended up winning the night and he pretty much stomped me. In my defence I was totally mana flooded in both games, but he didn't really have much worry the whole match. He also stole my Ixalan's Binding and used it on my stompy Pride Sovereign and I did not draw any removal.
Match 3: 1-2 against Temur Energy again. This was another guy grinding for PPTQ. Game 1 I was flooded and he stomped me. Game 2 I got a much better draw. A lovely combination of some early Longtusk Cub into on-turn Pride Sovereign exerted and then Rallying Roar, big swing, then 2x Regal Caracal on T5 and T6 and he scooped. Game 3 I started really well, similar to game 2, got him to 5 with me still on 20, thought I had it sealed. Then... Hostage Taker took my Pride Sovereign and it was a slow slog to death as he used more and more of my own cats against me.
Match 4: A bye.
All in all I thought the deck went well. I need to learn more about the local meta and the sideboard needs perhaps some more removal or something similar.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Heya sagramore! Checking out this deck after looking and commenting on your Catmander deck; and I like this a bunch! I like the fact it's different from mine. A few things I'd like to mention that are pretty decent that I run in my own deck: Field of Ruin. If you ever find yourself in a mana fix problem and/or your opponent has a flip land you don't like BAM! Field of Ruin! Something else to possibly consider: Shefet Dunes. If you're going wide this is invaluable. It's actually won me 2 games that I can remember, hahah. I actually run 2 Scattered Groves myself- the cycling does help. Lifecrafter's Bestiary, Shapers' Sanctuary, and Vanquisher's Banner all do me real good for draw and card filtering. It's not a big ol' Ajani (and trust me, I love Ajani), but he cost a little too much. And by turn 6 I'm looking to win the game/turn the game into my favor, and playing Ajani instead won't do too much for me other than exile a possible creature/search for more cats. I'm not trying to say he's a bad choice, I'm just not taken on what he's doing for the deck at turn 6 when some other cards can do that for less. Also, as much as I hate myself for saying this, Ajani isn't an actual "cat" nor is he a "creature", so he has less synergy. If anything, I'd offer Ajani, Valiant Protector. He does kinda the same thing, and even offers more offensive ability with his counters. His ultimate could also be nice finisher considering how much life-gain this deck has. I don't see anything wrong with Rallying Roar in fact I'm kind of considering it in my deck right now, but I use Blossoming Defense instead for the protection, and possible finishing move.
3 months ago
A bi-monthly update for the deck is as follows:
3 months ago
Also, Cogworker's Puzzleknot is a bad mana ratio for servo generation compared to other options.
Lastly, I know its stupid expensive but 1 or 2 more copies of Metallic Mimic would definitely improve the deck as it is the best turn 2 play possible here.