Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
, Discard a creature card: Draw a card. If the discarded card was a Zombie card, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
1 year ago
Necromancer's Stockpile is a diamond in the rough for Tormod. I highly recommend it!
1 year ago
I feel like there is an underlying issue here because as you said you have a lot of the suggested cards so you should be able to generate quite a few tokens already.
Regardless here are some synergies to look out for. Massacar's infinite loop paired with a good chunk of cards in your deck will give you a win so I won't bother with the potential infinite combos as that is self explanatory (Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar = Infinite Etb, Cast, and Death Triggers)
Crowded Crypt + Ashnod's Altar/Phyrexian Altar + Headless Rider or Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver: At the end of your opponent's endstep sacrifice your nontoken zombies to either altar assuming you have enough creatures to generate . Each creature you sacrificed will net you a 2/2 zombie from wilhelt or headless rider. Activate Crowded Crypt using the mana you obtained from sacrificing your creature's which will basically double the amount of tokens you have. So assuming you had six zombies in play at the end you will have twelve 2/2 zombies.
Fleshbag Marauder Equipped with Blade of Selves + Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver: Assuming you have three opponents when each Felshbag Marauder token enters the battlefield they can sacrifice themselves to their own etb. This nets you three 2/2 zombies with decay and your opponents must sacrifice three creatures.
Some sac-outlets to consider:
Some Card Draw:
These are just a few affects to give you an idea on what to look for.
1 year ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Some advice for the first thing to consider changing is adding a few more lands since 32 is low amount. Try adding two utility lands and 1x more Swamp for 35 lands?
- High Market: sac outlet.
- Tyrite Sanctum: repeatable way to make Wilhelt bigger by putting +1/+1 counter on him. After it's put a counter on Wilhelt it can be saced later to make Wilthelt indestructible.
Some budget Zombie upgrades to consider:
- Undead Augur --> Butcher Ghoul
- Dreadhorde Invasion --> Marsh Hulk
- Death Tyrant --> Unhallowed Phalanx
- Pyre of Heroes --> Highborn Ghoul
- Carrion Feeder --> Grim Guardian
- Headless Rider --> Shadow Kin
- Geralf, Visionary Stitcher --> Two-Headed Zombie
- Nantuko Husk--> Zombie Outlander
- Fleshbag Marauder --> Unbreathing Horde
- Noosegraf Mob --> Stitcher Geralf
Some budget nonZombie upgrades to consider:
- Necromancer's Stockpile --> Moan of the Unhallowed
- Dark Privilege --> Ultimate Price
- Swiftfoot Boots --> Siphon Insight
- Victimize --> Drown in Dreams
- Lazotep Plating --> Rotten Reunion
- Mind Stone --> Mimic
Death Tyrant has a powerful repeatable effect with Wilhelt and decayed. Any creature you control that attacked and dies while in combat you create a 2/2 Zombie. When decayed Zombies attack they're saced at the end of combat step. At the end of combat step decayed Zombies are still attacking therefore with Tyrant when they're saced you create a 2/2 Zombie for each one.
With Wilhelt and a sac outlet such as Carrion Feeder you attack with your Zombies and then sac them in combat to create 2/2 Zombies and decayed 2/2 Zombies from Wilhelt. On your next turn you attack with all the 2/2 Zombies and decayed Zombies and while in combat sac them again to make 2/2 Zombies and decayed 2/2 Zombies. Death Tyrant lets you repeatedly recycle all attacking decayed Zombies into 2/2 Zombies that don't have decayed. This recycling results in a lot of die triggers which Zombies can take real advantage of with many different die effects.
Hope this helps and if you have any questions about these card suggestions, ask here.
2 years ago
Most probable cuts: 1. Carrion Feeder 2. Filth 3. Hordewing Skaab 4. Ravenous Rotbelly 5. Tainted Adversary 6. Tomb Tyrant 7. Undead Augur 8. Swiftfoot Boots 9. Buried Alive 10. Feed the Swarm 11. From Under the Floorboards 12. Necromancer's Stockpile 13. Wake the Dead 14. Swamp 15. Wonder 16. Stronghold Assassin 17. Liliana's Mastery 18. Open the Graves 19. Corpse Harvester 20. Acererak the Archlich
2 years ago
Hey, nice upgrades on a budget so far for the precon.
Opponent mill strategy is an interesting choice/change from the precon. Opponent mill that's not an infinite combo, but done over many turns can be risky in multiplayer Commander because graveyards are a huge resource for so many decks.
The precon has too high of a mana curve with over 20 cards that are 5 CMC or higher. You haven't really changed this, but you have reduced the number of lands to 34 from 40 in the precon. By reducing the number lands, but not reducing the mana curve you risk not being able to cast spells until much later in a game. You're right to reduce the land count and 34 lands is fine, but the rest of your deck also needs to be reduced especially since you've added Bolas's Citadel.
Upgrading to better high CMC cards which you have done with Rise of the Dark Realms and Bolas's Citadel is good, but you really should consider cutting other high CMC cards from the precon to add these such as Gorex, the Tombshell and Gravespawn Sovereign. Gravespawn is also a reanimation effect, but is worse than Rise. Tombshell can be reduced in mana cost, but that has negative interaction with wanting to reanimate Zombies.
Death Tyrant is an example of a budget high CMC card that's an upgrade for another five drop in the precon such as Eternal Skylord. Tyrant has excellent synergy with decayed Zombies because when they attack and are saced at end of combat then you create a 2/2 Zombie for each one. This interaction is also good with sac outlets such as Carrion Feeder to sac all your attacking Zombies in combat to create that many 2/2 Zombies which can then with Wilhelt, sac them to create 2/2 decayed Zombies and repeat the next turn with Tyrant.
Some budget lower CMC cards to consider adding:
- Pyre of Heroes: repeatable sac/tutor/cheat Zombie onto the battlefield.
- Master of Death: repeatable Zombie to sac since can return itself from your graveyard to your hand at your upkeep for 1 life.
- Necromancer's Stockpile: repeatable discard, excellent with Master of Death and good way to get Zombies into your graveyard for reanimation.
- Siege Zombie: combos with at least two other Zombies + Throne of the God-Pharaoh for lots repeatable opponent life loss.
- Apprentice Necromancer: can be repeatable reanimation source with Gisa and Geralf.
- Lazotep Plating
- Arcane Denial
Some cards to consider cutting: Gorex, the Tombshell, Switcheroo, Mass Manipulation, Aetherspouts, Eternal Skylord, Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth, Gravespawn Sovereign, Shadow Kin, Vilis, Broker of Blood, Open the Graves.
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Thank you for the suggestions. It has given me a few things to consider. Funny story I originally had Nether Traitor in the deck but it started to be too clunky as I tested. I will have to test Tortured Existence and Necromancer's Stockpile. Also Sevinne's Reclamation and Scourge of Nel Toth are things I have not considered before and will need to play around with.
2 years ago
I recently made a Tormod deck partnering him with Esior, Wardwing Familiar. I was debating making it a while I was building it. If I did go Orzhov, it probably would've looked pretty similar to this! Well done!
I do have a few suggestions, though. Tortured Existence is a must. for a zombie token? At instant speed? Definitely an all star in my deck. I'd also recommend Daring Fiendbonder as a way to give a commander indestructible, Necromancer's Stockpile for it's multi-purpose value and Bloodghast, Nether Traitor and Scourge of Nel Toth as threats that will keep coming back over and over. Sevinne's Reclamation is probably also worth checking out.
2 years ago
I play a commander deck built around The Scarab God, and I have a ton of great recommendations. There's a few really fun directions you can take this, but flooding the board with zombie tokens and making them really beefy is a good bet. Here's some decent budget options, since you say you don't buy many cards:
- Undead Augur is also cheap to cast, and gets you drawing a lot of cards very quickly.
- Zombie Lords like Diregraf Captain, Lord of the Accursed, Death Baron, and many more are staples for zombie decks, though getting more than a few can get expensive.
- Wonder gives you a zombie air force whenever it's in the graveyard.
- Liliana's Mastery gets you two tokens and buffs your zombies.
- Necromancer's Stockpile is a good way to draw cards and get tokens on the board, and if you pitch anything that can recur it's doesn't even have much of a downside.
For some cards that aren't budget, if you want to eventually buy/trade for some really good zombie cards, I've got you covered there too:
- Cryptbreaker is cheap to cast, and is fantastic for getting tokens out and drawing cards. Note that the second ability ignores summoning sickness.
- Diregraf Colossus gets you a token whenever you cast a zombie.
- Army of the Damned creates thirteen zombie tokens if you can get the mana, and then does it again.
- Rooftop Storm makes your zombies free to cast.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead is a diet version of Liliana, the Last Hope's ult.
Best of luck in your future zombie-fueled games!