|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Insect
Sacrifice a creature: Nantuko Husk gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
|Have (2)||bakeraj4 ,|
Nantuko Husk Discussion
4 weeks ago
- Day of Judgment should be good, old fashioned Wrath of God .
- Hero's Downfall belongs in your removal package.
- Given the Death Triggers theme, I would expect there to be some Aristocrats in here. That could include things like Bloodflow Connoisseur , Bloodthrone Vampire , Devouring Swarm , Flesh-Eater Imp (for the Infect lulz), Hell's Caretaker (to get dudes back), Nantuko Husk , Smothering Abomination
- Still needs Edict effects.
1 month ago
Alright, this is going to be a doozy.
First off, you have multiple ways of playing Varina. From what I've experienced playtesting her (your deck specifically), she seems really good as a draw engine/fill the graveyard with stuff. But your deck doesn't seem geared towards this specific ability. I would recommend a few cards that encourage more synergy with Varina's ability. The madness cards you use currently are great examples of what I'm suggesting. Other such cards are Big Game Hunter and Archfiend of Ifnir .
I also find you're not running enough graveyard shenanigans. I'd consider cards like Dimir Doppelganger , Body Double , Lazav, the Multifarious , and Dralnu, Lich Lord as ways to further increase graveyard abuse (if you start casting more from the graveyard, River Kelpie is a possibility too).
You're playing a lot of cards that damage your opponents when a zombie dies, but very few sac outlets. It makes your deck rely a little on your opponents killing your zombies for you. In order to circumvent this, I would recommend playing "free" sac outlets such as Carrion Feeder , Voracious Null , Nantuko Husk , Viscera Seer and Grimgrin, Corpse-Born .
2 months ago
I have been having such excellent results from Carrion Feeder as a free sacrifice outlet/zombie for Gravecrawler loops that I am considering adding Nantuko Husk as a backup plan (or Phyrexian Ghoul , if insects offend you).
What does everybody think?
3 months ago
Todays Hot Takes
- That Priest of Forgotten Gods is going to be so f'n great, like whoa. It makes me think that even though the sac outlets for standard are still missing a free one like Nantuko Husk or Viscera Seer the strategy is still shaping up big time. Totally rad it does it all: adding mana and drawing a card and forcing creature sacrificing and doing damage to opponents all in one effect. Super duper hyped to play it in my Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest edh deck.
- Orzhov Depositor is another quiet standout, its great sac fodder. I'm fairly certain its a playable standard card, and its going straight in my Mazirek deck too. Here is the deck by the way: Mazirek Sac-Storm: The Contraption of Life & Death I'm currently the #2 Mazirek deck on tappedout, so upvotes are very appreciated. Number 1 hasn't updated his list in like 3 years, so I will probably pass him eventually.
- I'm also super hyped for Incubation Druid, it reminds me of a more expensive Joraga Treespeaker. I always love ramp. And elves. And +1/+1 counters. And ramp.
- I just built Child of Alara edh with Maze's End combo last month expecting new toys for it. So its fun getting a couple decent "gates matters" cards for that. That gate Reflecting Pool land Harmony Square combined with Gateway Plaza could be the core of a mana base for standard. Maybe thats how the gate deck's mana base looks? If there is ever a standard gate deck anyways.
- Cinder Lash is totally a cool card to upgrade edh decks with. It reminds me of Aura of Silence but with damage instead of mana taxing. Having cards like this in play can be a nice political tool.
- Skewer the Critics will be great in the mono red list I play on Arena. I expect it makes burn a very serious deck again in standard.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Nantuko Husk occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%