Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
Legendary Creature — Spirit Soldier
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, bolster 1. (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you control and put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
|Want (2)||Goji , sonikk|
Combos Browse all
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Kor Skyfisher
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Conjurer's Closet
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap + Phyrexian Altar
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit Discussion
4 weeks ago
Infernal Kirin Karlov of the Ghost Council Lantern Kami Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens Patron of the Kitsune Spirit of the Hearth Windborn Muse Yargle, Glutton of Urborg Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit Banshee of the Dread Choir Basilica Bell-Haunt Bygone Bishop Clarion Spirit Crypt Ghast Divinity of Pride Drogskol Cavalry Emissary of Despair Emissary of Hope
2 months ago
Hey, Karmic Guide is a helpful budget creature with Alesha. Alesha reanimates Karmic and then Karmic lets you reanimate any creature and that creature doesn't enter the battlefield attacking. Karmic also gets back into your graveyard to reanimate again when you don't pay the echo cost at your next upkeep.
Sac outlets let you reuse creatures by getting them back into your graveyard to reanimate again with Alesha. This is important with Master of Cruelties to be able to cheat him onto the battlefield with Alesha again attacking. A couple of the better budget sac outlets are Goblin Bombardment and Viscera Seer.
If you add Murderous Redcap then you have a combo with Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit and Alesha can reanimate this combo. Add Viscera Seer as the sac outlet who Alesha can reanimate for an infinite damage to opponents combo by repeatedly sacing Redcap and persist does the rest. Karmic Guide is helpful with combo like this because you don't want Anafenza or Seer to enter the battlefield attacking instead you just want to reanimate them.
You have a good package cards for looting as well as tutoring for creature putting it into your graveyard. Anger is a nice card with these effects to give Alesha haste.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Hey blessrain -- Walking Ballista is definitely at it's most fair in this deck but it serves a few cool use cases. It has a unique role in the deck where it can act like Umezawa's Jitte w/ counters and ping off some creatures or act as just a bear that can send a few points of damage at the opponent if it is about to be removed. In both cases it is pretty solid, mono-white can use the extra reach sometimes.
a) Tutor target for both Recruiter of the Guard and Ranger-Captain of Eos , and also Ranger of Eos that is in the maybe board. It's usually the best target for Ranger-Captain if the game is going to go long at all or I have some excess mana that I can feed into the Ballista the next turn. Would likely add Ranger of Eos if I was going into the Heliod combo just to maximize on ways to find Ballista.
b) Can help mana denial strategy. Pinging off x/1 creatures is really helpful when half of the payoffs in this deck involve removing the opponent's resources. Pinging their Noble Hierarch or Birds of Paradise leading into an Armageddon / Wasteland to choke out certain colours or an early 3 drop is exactly what we want to do to maximize our disruption.
c) Goes well with the fast mana draws, whether it is Mana Crypt or City of Traitors , Ancient Tomb , getting an early Ballista against creature decks is great for the reason described above, plus it can be a mana sink later while fitting the curve early.
I've been looking to add more +1/+1 counter synergy as well, both Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit and Luminarch Aspirant are underrated and there are a few other cards I have been looking at too. I think in a slower meta including the Heliod, Sun-Crowned combo is a very valid build, too. Heliod is just a little bit weak on his own but it is a good card to slam early off a fast mana start. Ballista is just a good enough card on its own that I have really embraced playing it in a deck like this!
3 months ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Some changes to consider:
- Vile Entomber --> Ankle Shanker
- Unmarked Grave --> Humble Defector
- Goblin Bombardment --> Mardu Ascendancy
- Viscera Seer --> Butcher of the Horde
- Karmic Guide --> Tajic, Blade of the Legion
- Ravenous Chupacabra --> Intrepid Hero
- Solemn Simulacrum --> Utter End
- Zephyr Boots --> Anointed Procession
- Exotic Orchard --> Temple of the False God
- Spectator Seating --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Vault of Champions --> Temple of Triumph
- Talisman of Conviction or Boros Signet --> Darksteel Ingot
- Talisman of Hierarchy or Orzhov Signet --> Savai Crystal
Both Goblin Bombardment and Viscera Seer are sac outlets that add to the infinite combo here of Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap . Anointed Procession is a good card, but it's an expensive price card that's not doing much here because there's not a strong token sub theme. By sub theme I mean 10 or more cards that care about tokens. You could add more creatures who create tokens when they ETB such as Siege-Gang Commander , but I don't think you need them.
Ankle Shanker is an attack trigger which you will not get when you reanimate him with Alesha. Creatures who have a tap activated ability are less good with Alesha since when you reanimate them with her they ETB tapped not letting them tap to activate.
4 months ago
Some Creatures changes I end up adding: Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit , Elenda, the Dusk Rose and Luminarch Aspirant . Also changed Citadel Siege for Felidar Retreat as it can give me tokens to sac and more counters not just 2
Doubts with: Custodi Soulbinders as it can give me a lot of tokens but I have to be set up already with my tokens or wait for oponents to set up their own table. I think I can swap it for something more usefull. Scheming Symmetry maybe I can get Profane Tutor until I have a more solid tutor.
4 months ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
5 months ago
B/C your going without Soulherder , I'd play to the combo side of things and run Mainboard Felidar Guardian (and b/c your in blue some Clone dudes). Do the whole Cast Felidar Guardian on lets say Phantasmal Image you had in play, now as that comes back into copy Felidar Guardian and target the Felidar Guardian (you just casted) in play then, repeat. The pay off is well pick your poison; Altar of the Brood for mill, Soul Warden esk for all the life you could want, Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit to dish out some +1/+1 counters (up to 4 defense) or add red for Purphoros, God of the Forge (theirs a 2 mana card that does 1 damage on EBT but, I don't remember the the card atm). food for thought, GL.
5 months ago
Thanks for all the great suggestions. Yeah, I have no real board control in this one, but my mindset is to just take the beating until I get my combo going. That's why it is all about the combo pieces and the redundancy of them.
Regarding Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit ; you never need more than one of her on the battlefield, so doesn't matter that you have four. It is all about maximizing possibility of getting the combo. The main issue I have with her is her double white cost.