Creature — Elemental Lizard
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to an opponent, Chandra's Pyreling gets +1/+0 and gains double strike until end of turn. (It deals both first-strike and regular combat damage.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Chandra's Pyreling Discussion
2 months ago
Man, I had my fun with cavalcade deck and by looking at your deck, I would like to tell you about few suggestion (I am no pro player, just want to share what worked for me)
- I do not see any extra card draw, don't you have problem with getting zero card hand after few turns? What about Light Up the Stage ?
- Raid Bombardment seems useless. Cost one more mana than Cavalcade + without extra card draw, I would be scared to run into hand when I have only enchantements and no creatures after board wipe
- I am not a big fan of Chandra's Pyreling since it do not have trample and can be blocked with 1/1. I prefer Chandra's Spitfire + Torch Courier for surprise.
- Grim Initiate + Heartfire was pretty good. Also Initiate have first strike so you may strike for 1 and THEN sacrifice it to the face, boosting Spitfire even more.
- Torbran, Thane of Red Fell for extra boost.
5 months ago
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
7 months ago
I'm honestly a believer in the cavalcade strategy the damage output is crazy! Goblin Rabblemaster is something I have used with great success. Even without cavalcade you can develop a formidable board presence.... I also think there is room for more power for the deck if you are willing to take in creatures that are not just goblins like Chandra's Spitfire ... Break Through the Line is another tool that can be used with Chandra's Pyreling .
1 year ago
Version 2.3. M21 booster draft best picks. -Azorius Skyguard, +Watcher of the Spheres // -Archipelagore, +Roaming Ghostlight // -Riftwing Cloudskate, +Tide Skimmer // -Golden Egg, +Fabled Passage // -Loyal Pegasus, +Selfless Savior // -Master Decoy, +Giant Killer // -Liliana's Triumph, +Grasp of Darkness // -Foreboding Fruit, +Village Rites // -Ill-Gotten Inheritance, +Demonic Embrace // -Burning Sun's Avatar, +Chandra's Pyreling // -Nylea's Forerunner, +Garruk's Harbinger // -Commune with Nature, +Fierce Empath.
1 year ago
Made some adjustments. Removed Cryptic Trilobite, Akki Underminer, and Chandra's Pyreling. Moved Irencrag Feat and Ruthless Invasion to the maybeboard, and added War Cadence and Magus of the Moon to it as well. Added Bomat Courier, Bag of Holding, Flameblade Adept, Iron Myr, Manakin, and Priest of Urabrask to the main desk.
Ultimately Brash Taunter requires a certain playstyle that I don't think Subira wants. It is an excellent card for a deck like Torbran, Thane of Red Fell but Subira needs that 5 mana to play 3 other cards instead of one that requires some attention.
1 year ago
Freakin' love Chandra.
That seems like a few too many planeswalkers. Seems like you could cut some of the weaker ones in order to make your deck more functional, without compromising on flavour. My initial thoughts would be cutting Chandra Nalaar, Chandra, Bold Pyromancer, Chandra, Flame's Catalyst and Chandra, Pyrogenius.
I have a Chandra Tiny Leaders deck with Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh as my general. One of my favourite synergies is with Chandra's Regulator and Chandra's Phoenix, which becomes a real draw engine with any damage output from your planeswalkers.
Chandra's Spitfire is also one of my favourite ways to churn out huge amounts of damage very quickly. It can easily deal 7+ damage a turn. In the same vein, Chandra's Pyreling can be equally devastating, though lacks evasion.
Chandra's Embercat seems pretty good as an elemental that is also a 2-drop and that ramps you into bigger Chandras.
In terms of removal, I would really recommend Pyroclasm as a board wipe. Chandra's Triumph also seems better than what you're currently running. I personally like Devour in Flames, but it may not be worth the tempo loss. Fiery Impulse may as well be your Lightning Bolt. I would remove Chandra's Outburst, Liberating Combustion, Chandra's Pyrohelix or Flame Lash for any of these spells.