|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie Warrior
When Grim Initiate dies, amass 1. (Put a +1/+1 counter on an Army you control. If you don't control one, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
Grim Initiate Discussion
5 days ago
Here is a revised decklist (using some cards you already have) to give you an idea. You do not have to follow it exactly.
Enchantments (4) 4 Dreadhorde Invasion
1 month ago
1 month ago
Grim Initiate won't give you a body until it dies. Plus if you get two out and sac them both, you'll only get one extra body out of it.
Meanwhile Goblin Instigator gives you a body right away, which can be used for blocking if necessary. And if you get two out, that means two extra bodies. My vote goes to the Goblin.
However if you really would prefer a one-drop in that slot, there's always Goblin Arsonist .
3 months ago
I'd look at skewing things towards more creatures- mainboarding servants, cutting the number of Increasing Savagery / Bioshift / Forced Adaptationfor cards like
Deeproot Champion Merfolk Branchwalker Feral Hydra Grim Initiate Mistcutter Hydra Pollenbright Druid Quirion Dryad Runaway Steam-Kin Scrounging Bandar Stromkirk Noble Simic Initiate Vastwood Hydra Young Wolf
Keeping your creature count high massively increases the reliability of lists like this without breakning the bank. I'd also look at Temple of Abandon , Magma Jet , Cream of the Crop and Thunderous Wrath - the red and green miracles are really good with a little support, especially maindeck noxious.
4 months ago
Thoughts on Grim Initiate ? 1/1 first striker that replaces itself when it dies, so maybe it could help recover from wraths
4 months ago
A couple thoughts :) Hopefully some tickle your fancy, and fit your budget.
We probably should drill down to the important creatures, and really weigh which ones have the best impact / best efficiency and cut the others. We need to focus on the mana curve, too, to keep the deck running efficiently. And of course, that means control, too.
- Ilharg, the Raze-Boar is amazing, but due to it's high cost, is perfect at 2x copies. Every other creature on this list should really have good synergy with it.
- Dreadhorde Butcher , I believe, is going to wreck. It has a reasonable floor and an ultra high ceiling. With the haste, low CMC, and death trigger, it will always have value. I see 4x copies easily.
- Etali, Primal Storm is great, particularly when paired with the Raze-Boar. However, this should be the very tip top of your aggro curve, and probably should be at 1x copy.
- Grim Initiate is the beginning of your curve, and has good value for a one drop. Run 4x. The fact that it can replace itself and consistently keep the pressure is gold.
- Dreadmalkin is a kitty. Kitties are great, and so is this one. The sacrificing ability is great even in the late game. However, you'll have to sink a lot of mana into this. A possibly better replace is Diregraf Ghoul but ain't bad!
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin is a three drop, and you don't have any of those. He pairs excellently with the Raze-Boar, too!
- Massacre Girl might work soooo well here as a 1x copy. Not entirely sure, but it'll be hilariously fun lol
- Lava Coil , Bedevil , Cast Down , or Jaya's Greeting are incredibly efficient and will work a lot faster than Flames of the Raze-Boar . Specifically Bedevil, which is just an insane card.
- Costly Plunder or Tormenting Voice just cause card draw in an aggro deck is critical to not running out of gas.
- Angrath's Rampage is gonna be a staple sideboard card. Not always relevant, so I wouldn't run it MB
- Hilariously, Tibalt, Rakish Instigator might be able to find it's way here.
Anyway, just a few thoughts. Basically vomited a bunch of cards, so I apologize if they're not the best suggestions xP
4 months ago
Here are some interesting Amass cards. Gleaming Overseer , Vizier of the Scorpion , Dreadhorde Invasion , Bleeding Edge , Lazotep Plating , Herald of the Dreadhorde , Grim Initiate , Enter the God-Eternals , and Invade the City . Don't forget that cards that say proliferate could boost the counters on your army and Planeswalkers so they may be fine to throw in too. The one coming to my mind is Flux Channeler .
5 months ago
yeah sideboards will definitely benefit the most from this set, but i think theres a lot of potential.
i noticed theres another doran effect, and maybe one day that critical mass will be achieved. never forget your first ptq top 8!
Ilharg, the Raze-Boar is redundancy(ish) for the breach decks,
and personally im interested in Evolution Sage .
Blast Zone looks like its going to be so broken to me. its definitely not and its slow as balls, but its EE on a land. thats going to be broken, right?
Fblthp, the Lost is a shifted visionary. maybe that will be something.
i want Banehound to be something.
Spark Harvest replaces bone splinters, right? ive wished i could hardcast splinters so many times
Chandra, Fire Artisan can actually hit lands this time, if that means anything to you
Grim Initiate is another card for aristocrats, and its common too. Heartfire kind of fits in there too as an any-creature shrapnel blast, but i really dont like that one point of damage it loses. and Cruel Celebrant is yet another blood artist for modern.
Sarkhan the Masterless seems cool if anyones still playing superfriends. i feel like theyre in need of a closer.
Bond of Flourishing probably doesnt get there, but it is now a card.
i personally think Saheeli, Sublime Artificer has potential too
No data for this card yet.