|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Target creature gets +3/+3 and gains trample until end of turn.
Predator's Strike Discussion
5 months ago
Sculpted the deck a bit based on suggestions. Thanks btw. :) Still wondering about options for countering, creatures ( Blight Mamba , Phyrexian Crusader , Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon , Ichorclaw Myr , etc.), protecting the creatures ( Dive Down , Mizzium Skin , etc.), penetration ( Artful Dodge , etc.), boost ( Larger Than Life , Predator's Strike , more Vines of Vastwood , etc.), mana base, etc. Sideboard needs overhaul too. Phew!
UsagiBlade on meow
6 months ago
Cards to consider adding:
- Fleecemane Lion Should have been in the precon, really good cat
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
- Prowling Serpopard
- Lost Leonin
- Chameleon Colossus
- Adorned Pouncer
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary cheap and effective card draw
- Swords to Plowshares Best removal spell in EDH
- Beast Within Also quite good removal since it can remove any nonland permanent
- Eladamri's Call Get the best creature for the current situation out of the deck
- Open the Armory Get the best equipment from the deck
Cards to consider cutting:
- Stalking Leonin Ability is a bit to narrow against multiple opponents
- Pouncing Cheetah Not good enough for its mana costs
- Watchers of the Dead Opponent can choose what cards he keeps
- Phantom Nishoba Not good enough for 7 mana
- Raksha Golden Cub Needs to be equipped to be good, otherwise a 3/4 for 7 mana is really bad.
- Sunspear Shikari
- Vivid Meadow A basic land is better in a two colored deck
- Vivid Grove Same as above
- Saltcrusted Steppe Storage counter lands are not good, a basic land is better here
- Hero's Blade No evasion (trample) or other good effects like Sword of the Animist
- Navigator's Compass 3 life once doesn't make any difference overall and it doesn't produce mana on its own like Selesnya Signet
7 months ago
@mal099 Thank you for your suggestions! :)
Actually, I've never thought of using any of those "block me instead" kind of creatures. I put together this list thinking that I'd either win in the first three turns, or scoop, haha.
I'm fond of Seal of Strength because I don't need to enchant a creature, but I'll think about adding Briar Shield in. I thought about adding Phytoburst or even a single Become Immense but I feel that the trample from something like Predator's Strike would be much more flexible.
Oh, and Invigorate is in the Maybeboard because it isn't Pauper legal. I feel that if it was, then Infect would have pretty broken and consistent T2 wins. But certainly, Giant Growth would get dropped for those in casual play. ;D
7 months ago
Have you thought about using creatures like Taunting Elf and Shinen of Life's Roar to make sure your other creatures don't get blocked? They're not as fast, but would make sure all your creatures get through, instead of just one. Which option is better probably depends a lot on your playstyle.
Phytoburst , Briar Shield (seems almost strictly better than Seal of Strength ) and Scent of Ivy might be good buffs for this deck. Maybe Aspect of Hydra too, but I feel like it would generally be weaker than it alternatives. Potentially some Trample, like Larger Than Life or Predator's Strike if you feel like your damage isn't getting through.
8 months ago
Here are some cuts you can consider:
- Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle
- Daring Saboteur
- Elusive Spellfist
- Kithkin Daggerdare
- Weaver of Currents
- Carrion Call
- Giant Growth
- Glissa's Scorn
- Mutagenic Growth
- Predator's Strike
- Tread Upon
- Vines of Vastwood
- Seal of Strength
- Trigon of Infestation
- Artful Dodge
- Distortion Strike
- Gleeful Sabotage
- Larger Than Life
- Open Into Wonder
All the cards I mentioned above in EDH doesn't make too much of an impact and not good enough in a multiplayer game. I saw a lot of pump cards but the thing is once you use it will be over, in a 1v1 situation those cards can be considered but you are going for a multiplayer game, so you want to have longer lasting effects or worldly buffs than single shot pumps.
You can start by trimming out those cards first, and also changing the mana base a bit as 30 lands it fairly low for a deck thats not akin to storm or combo, you can up it to at least 34-36 lands, I would say 36 for now until you start refining the deck.
Hope that helps!
1 year ago
Seems a nice deck, but I'd make some suggestions:
First of all I'd add Fatal Push. It's very usefull when you want to remove an annoying opponent's creature. Probably I'd put it instead of Reaper from the Abyss, since it's true that the reaper is a creature that does good things, but it costs really much.
I don't really like Bone Picker and Savra, Queen of the Golgari since you don't have so many chances to cast the picker in the first turns and you don't sacrifice creatures, which makes the queen useless
1 year ago
Hi! A bit worried about blockers chumping/killing your peeps. I looked up trample/unblockable enchantments/instants/sorceries, and these are some ideas: /// For trample + pump, Predator's Strike looks nice for this deck, as does Larger Than Life /// Artful Dodge, Distortion Strike, and Writ of Passage give unblockable and recur. Writ of passage is especially nice as you can pump your peeps after you make them unblockable /// Vitality Charm is a strictly better unnatural predation, as far as I can tell. /// Talons of Wildwood is like a crappy rancor, but for a price you can recur it
1 year ago
No data for this card yet.