If you control a Forest, you may have an opponent gain 3 life rather than pay Invigorate's mana cost.
Target creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||None|
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Invigorate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
4 weeks ago
Cool deck! Nothing beats smashing face. You might like these: Wild Beastmaster, Overwhelming Stampede, Syr Faren, the Hengehammer, Knollspine Dragon, Unleash Fury, Rabble-Rouser, Cultivator of Blades, Berserkers' Onslaught, Gratuitous Violence, Angrath's Marauders, Ilysian Caryatid, Viridian Joiner, Invigorate, Strionic Resonator, Polyraptor, Druid's Call
2 months ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
3 months ago
I ran into a bug with the alternate CMC function. It will not allow a value of 0 for cards like Mutagenic Growth and Invigorate. It fails to save the value. I see an axis label for 0 on the mana curve graph so I'm assuming it is supposed to be possible. Oddly enough it lets me input a negative number which removes those cards from the graph entirely, but then the calculated percentages are off because those cards aren't counted.
3 months ago
From a bit of playtesting, it really seems that the secondary game plan is underperforming. Getting more evasive creatures and going wider is nice for resilience in more casual games, and there is a good argument for keeping the deck like this in the interest of managing the power level a bit. I do have some thought on how we might up the aggression a bit though, do tell me what you think about my thoughts if you are interested!
Underperforming cards include: Fathom Mage, Master Biomancer, Renata, Called to the Hunt, Herald of Secret Streams, Champion of Lambholt (the plan of spreading counters around seems to slow and fragile), Slither Blade, Invisible Stalker (these creatures don't add any additional utility, and we have other evasive creatures that can take Ukkima's place in a crisis), Ninja of the Deep Hours, Ingenious Infiltrator (bouncing Ukkima is nice, but taking away the combat damage is very much a feel bad) and Edric, Spymaster of Trest (seems a bit slow, but probably has more potential).
We could also use the additional infect enablers in Glistening Oil, Grafted Exoskeleton and perhaps even Corrupted Conscience, but it may be more efficient to just add some tutors here instead, Demonic Tutor, Scheming Symmetry, Dizzy Spell and Dimir Infiltrator would be good choices in that case (without completely busting the bank).
Taking all this into consideration I may soon do the following switches:
3 months ago
4 months ago
6 months ago
do you have problems with removal? id suggest Apostle's Blessing if you do. or Vines of Vastwood. if you decided on an infect tweak, Inkmoth Nexus Blighted Agent with Invigorate is beautiful. giving your opponent life means nothing if you are going for the 10 poison counter win. Im also a fan of Groundswell for the landfall trigger.