|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep
Legendary Creature — Leviathan
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
When Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, return all creatures to their owners' hands except for Merfolk, Krakens, Leviathans, Octopuses, and Serpents.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep Discussion
2 months ago
With all the sea monsters have you considered Whelming Wave ? If you Ramp hard enough or cheat it out somehow (pretty sure you can still pay kickers on a free cast, don't quote me though) Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep works as a second Wave. Hope that helps some, +1 for ya, looks fun!
3 months ago
3 months ago
Yeah I can imagine. That seems like a lifesaver. Have you considered Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep? It is pretty slow, but fits the theme. Good deck though!
4 months ago
Just a momentary thought: Budget upgrades could include the land upgrades?
Those seem like excellent includes for once you've purchased the other ones and you're looking to finish the job.
Thanks for the upgrades guide, I've made a lot of use of it, adding some into the mainboard, and reserving a few that will be bought along with the 100 in the list, as a 15 card 'sideboard' of sorts, used to add in cards to power up the deck depending on what strengths I'm playing against.
3 changes I made though:
-Azami, Lady of Scrolls Solemn Simulacrum (I feel like Simulacrum does what Azami wants to do with better consistency, you only really want to be paying UUU for a creature that is its own excellent engine, such as Arcanis. Azami needs way more wizards in the list to really get pumping, and unlike a Simulacrum, players will immediately respond to an Azami, they know it will generate game-winning card advantage, vs flashing in a chump block simulacrum for pure value-town, much faster than Azami's slow roller. Also, colour-less mana fixing. God bless).
I kept Hushwing Gryff when I added Kira to mainboard, and instead dropped Aven Mindcensor for Kira, Great Glass-Spinner. The reason behind this being my playgroup has a krenko, as well as a bunch of other tribals. Tribal ETB's are powerful, I can't say no to keeping a hushwing in my back pocket. If I verse someone I know will play johnny combo, and search their library, I'll change between Censor and Hushwing accordingly.
My version of your list (which I just ordered as a nice christmas present to myself!):
+1 from me!
4 months ago
Flooremoji I could start naming all my decks like that since I'm pretty good at deck building lol
4 months ago
Quicksilver Fountain is another way to turn on islandwalk and slow down opponents' at the same time.
Being able to connect consistently with combat damage opens up some fun avenues to explore. Coastal Piracy and Bident of Thassa for card advantage; equipment like Sword of the Animist, Quietus Spike, Bloodforged Battle-Axe, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Mask of Memory, Prying Blade, Rogue's Gloves, Specter's Shroud, and Spellbinder all give different options depending on what you feel you need more of; and for redundancy Thassa, God of the Sea is clutch.
I cannot imagine merfolk do not engage with sea monsters and they would definitely give you some late-game push. Ones that spring to mind are Scourge of Fleets, Stormsurge Kraken, Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep, and Stormtide Leviathan.
Throne of the God-Pharaoh could be potent with all of your sideways turning. To complement this fact and reinforce merfolk's weaknesses (aka aerial anything) vehicles could work. Smuggler's Copter comes readily to mind.
4 months ago
I would say your weakest cards currently are:
Master of the Waves - For being a 4 drop, it is one of the weaker ones that doesn't promote your game plan or give synergy.
River Sneak - Beasically a vanilla creature, would replace with a one drop cmc creature.
Sage of Fables - Just a bit too slow, aand not much synergy aside from the +1/+1 Counter card draw which is a tad too slow.
Shapers of Nature - Same as Fables, but even slower. I would cut this card first over Sage of Fables.
Vorel of the Hull Clade - Doesn't fit with synergy, and costs every time. If it targeted every single one of your creatures than yes, but since it's a single target...no.
Another suggestion will also be for the type of ramp spells. Going on curve I rather use the two drops like Nature's Lore, Farseek, Rampant Growth. But I do like Kodama's Reach and Cultivate. Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage is also a bit too slow, if you have the chance or budget I would recommend Rhystic Study.
Hope that helps!
6 months ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%