|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep
Legendary Creature — Leviathan
Kicker (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
When Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, return all creatures to their owners' hands except for Merfolk, Krakens, Leviathans, Octopuses, and Serpents.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep Discussion
2 weeks ago
I would say your weakest cards currently are:
Master of the Waves - For being a 4 drop, it is one of the weaker ones that doesn't promote your game plan or give synergy.
River Sneak - Beasically a vanilla creature, would replace with a one drop cmc creature.
Sage of Fables - Just a bit too slow, aand not much synergy aside from the +1/+1 Counter card draw which is a tad too slow.
Shapers of Nature - Same as Fables, but even slower. I would cut this card first over Sage of Fables.
Vorel of the Hull Clade - Doesn't fit with synergy, and costs every time. If it targeted every single one of your creatures than yes, but since it's a single target...no.
Another suggestion will also be for the type of ramp spells. Going on curve I rather use the two drops like Nature's Lore, Farseek, Rampant Growth. But I do like Kodama's Reach and Cultivate. Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage is also a bit too slow, if you have the chance or budget I would recommend Rhystic Study.
Hope that helps!
2 months ago
Hi! Looks like a sweet start to a Merfolk deck (a deck I've wanted to build myself for quite a while)! Here are some recommendations:
- Seafloor Oracle is a pretty powerful card draw engine when you can get it online early
- Merfolk Mistbinder is another 2-mana lord
- Forerunner of the Heralds and Merrow Harbinger are good tutors
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid is just a good card in Commander, and the fact that she's a merfolk is just an added bonus
- Murkfiend Liege, Seedborn Muse, and Paradox Engine help you activate Kumena's abilities many times in a turn cycle.
- Surgespanner can be a house, bouncing tons of permanents each turn, as you can tap it for free
- Cryptolith Rite is good ramp and a strong "tap outlet"
- Lightning Greaves is good at protecting Kumena or any other powerful creature you may have
- Kodama's Reach should be in every green deck
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip can make a ton of mana, and helps you dig towards your creatures as well.
- Beast Within is an extremely powerful removal spell
- Treetop Village and Lumbering Falls; manlands are so much worse in Commander than in 60-card formats
- Remote Isle; blue and green have better ways to draw cards than cycling away your lands
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Grove; green has much better mana fixing
- Bioshift doesn't really do anything
- Tideshaper Mystic is the same; cutting one opponent off of mana doesn't do much, and 1/1s for 1 that die to board wipes are mediocre at best.
- World Shaper isn't really where you want to be; you don't have a ton of graveyard synergies
- River's Rebuke isn't my favorite board wipe in Commander, even in blue/green. I'd play Devastation Tide instead.
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep just does too little for 10 mana. If you're spending 10 mana on a single card, that card should be winning you the game.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner, as you don't have a ton of spell synergies
- True-Name Nemesis is good, but mainly in Legacy. In Commander, a 3/1 that just one player can't interact with is bad.
- Shapers of Nature is a decent mana sink, but I think you'd rather just be doing something else with your mana.
Hope this helps! If you'd like me to explain some of my choices more, or if you want help on another deck, feel free to leave a comment on my profile, and I'll take a look as soon as I can!
2 months ago
Links for the cards 1xDismiss1xWizard's Retort1xDissipate1xArcane Denial1xBrainstorm1xFact or Fiction 1xDeep Analysis1xTreasure Cruise1xVapor Snag1xControl Magic1xAEther Adept1xArchaeomancer1xMulldrifter1xNinja of the Deep Hours1xTandem Lookout1xTetsuko Umezawa, FugitiveTrinket Mage1xWing Splicer1xSlinn Voda, the Rising Deep1xCold-Water Snapper1xStriped Riverwinder1xInvisible Stalker
3 months ago
Drop from sideboard
3 months ago
cut Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar, Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep, Greater Good, Pemmin's Aura, Edge of Autumn, Gitaxian Probe, and Crush of Tentacles first off. You need to round out your curve. It's really out of wack.
You are conflicting with your ideas here and it will bite you later. You have really high CMC creatures with a lot that don't do much on cast and are more build around cards, but then you are sending everything back to the hand with a ton of board wiped, but if you have a bunch of high CMC, non-ETB value creatures how are you supposed to cast a board wipe like that effectively? Either run high cmc cards or play the boardwipes with combo not both. You also have a lot of very power, expensive cards like snapcaster and crucible, but the reason those cards are good is because of the other powerful cards that you can abuse with them, but in this case you are running cards that don't abuse them. I don't understand why you wouldn't go for more staples found on EDHREC, and cut the very expensive cards you clearly don't want to take advantage of right now.
You also have no central theme. You say landfall power-matters, but you've cut all of the landfall out, so we're left with another jumble of cards that don't always work well with each other. What about Voltron? Your goal seems to be either the possibility of an OTK with your deck, or control. If you want to go for the control route, please lower your average CMC after you fix your curve. You do not want to cast 4cmc cards to give you a slight upside. Look at the cards in EDHREC for control decks and play those cards that are staples. More counterspell, more draw, and for all things that are holy please play better ramp. You need more artifacts and your current spells are crappy sorceries. Don't go for giant high-cmc spells that payoff only after you've played 6 lands. Go for consistency and at bare-minimum success.
I do like the voltron theme better though, like a sort of wait around deck that throws down equipment in one turn, and then turns on Arix to smash for lethal.
Brynx on Slinn Voda
4 months ago
You have Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep in both your creature block and set as your commander.
4 months ago
- AEtherize (attacking)
- Aethersquall Ancient
- Coastal Breach
- Crush of Tentacles
- Devastation Tide
- Displacement Wave (for large values of X)
- Hurkyl's Recall (single player artifacts)
- Kederekt Leviathan
- Rebuild (artifacts)
- Reduce to Dreams (artifacts & enchantments)
- River's Rebuke (single player)
- Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep
- Thousand Winds (tapped)
- Time of Ice (tapped)
- Waterspout Elemental
5 months ago
Legendary Creature - Elder Leviathan
Whenever ~ attacks, you may pay . If you do, create X 1/1 blue and green Snake creature tokens with flying.
I was going to just make an older version of a preexisting leviathan legend, but the only one is Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep, so that went nowhere.
Demonlord Belzenlok is the only Elder Demon. Could we get a Dominarian Elder Angel, Sphinx, or Wurm/Hydra?