Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
The First Iroan Games
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice this Saga after IV)
— Create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token.
— Put three +1/+1 counters on target creature you control.
— If you control a creature with power 4 or greater, draw two cards.
symbol:saga-4 &dmash; Create a Gold token. (It's a colourless artifact token with "Sacrifice this: Gain one mana of any colour.)
2 months ago
Thank you for bringing attention to Power Conduit! I've been trying for a while to make a competitive build with Song of Freyalise, The First Iroan Games, and Binding the Old Gods but they just depend too much on having Conduit in the opening hand. I hadn't even thought of using it with Urza's Saga, but now it seems so obvious.
4 months ago
DareiJuxis, Avacyn, Angel of Hope is not an option for me. I like the card too much to take it out. I still want to test The First Iroan Games and Nils, Discipline Enforcer has worked well so far in my meta. I ordered the Wild Beastmaster and will test it. Masako the Humorless synergizes well with Saryth, the Viper's Fang so far.
4 months ago
Jhi69 I am glad you to have provided you with decent suggestions. I think that, as I said, cards to replace are Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Nils, Discipline Enforcer, and The First Iroan Games. Avacyn was strong in the past, but she is not what she was. I understand she can "win" games, but that does not mean that there are not cards that can win more games than she does. I understand the idea of Nils, but it is just not worthwhile in my opinion. I do not think Wild Beastmaster should just be looked at as a finisher, but even if it were you already have the solution in your deck- Chord of Calling. Regardless failing those cuts, I would recommend cutting the following as well-
- Drannith Magistrate- As far as I can tell, this is just here to stop commanders from coming online, and has no way of repeating itself. I do not think that it is good enough outside of maybe cEDH unless there are other ways one's opponents are trying to cast spells from outside of their hands. Basically, it does not synergize enough with what you are doing nor stop enough of your opponents, especially since all (presumed) 3 will be interested in taking it out.
- Devout Chaplain- I think this requires too much board presence to work, and needs haste to solve imminent problems. This would be the number 1 cut for Hopeful Initiate. It does not exile, but with enchantments and artifacts that's rarely a cause for concern.
- Masako the Humorless- This seems like slightly better than a fog, sometimes. A lot of potential to be a dead card, with not enough upside in my opinion. I'd much rather see an effect that gives vigilance, especially since you have cards that tap for other reasons.
- Luminarch Ascension- A decent standard card for sure, but miserably slow in EDH.
- Intrepid Hero- I think as a general statement, using a card that hates on only one of your opponents most of the time is not worthwhile. It is also slow since it needs to tap.
I think any of these cuts could be made for any of the cards I have pointed out.
4 months ago
DareiJuxis Thanks you for your recommendations.
A few cards were just for the flavor for me and in the end they won several games like Avacyn, Angel of Hope. Along with counters for Kyler, Nils, Discipline Enforcer is a good defense against a friend's Hamza, Guardian of Arashin. And The First Iroan Games was not pulled at this point since i took the card on the Deck.
I just don't like Thalia's Lieutenant. I'm also not a fan of the fact that 95% of Kyler, Sigardian Emissary decks just look and play the same. That's why I don't take some cards in for personal reasons as well as for playful reasons.
I'm also at the point in the deck where it's incredibly difficult for me to part with individual cards because they've either done a good job or I like the flavor so much. If you have any suggestions for Eternal Witness or Hopeful Initiate, I'll be happy to take note of them and think about them.
4 months ago
Seems good, though some things come to mind-
- Increasing Devotion has never impressed me, I think it would be worth putting in Reverent Hoplite over it since it is a human that makes more humans. It may not always make as much, but can make more than Increasing Devotion, and increases creature count. It's even the same cmc, not including the flashback.
- Hopeful Initiate is a synergistic way to remove problematic enchantments or artifacts as a 1 mana human that grows as well.
- I'd like Wild Beastmaster in this since it will naturally be bigger with your commander. Thalia's Lieutenant also comes to mind as a cheap way to boost up the team and add counter synergy.
- Any deck can run more recursion, i.e. Eternal Witness, to get back something important that was lost. She's human as well.
- For card draw, this could use a Rishkar's Expertise. Since this deck does not specifically seem to look to make tokens, it may be better to draw off power rather than number like with Shamanic Revelation, but that's not to say Shamanic is bad.
9 months ago
removed Abnormal Endurance
Added Snakeskin Veil Assassin's Trophy Binding the Old Gods Mask of Griselbrand The First Iroan Games Belt of Giant Strength Branching Evolution Tyrite Sanctum Loxodon Warhammer Kusari-Gama Sword of Truth and Justice Ruinous Intrusion Sword of Hours Witch's Clinic Reliquary Tower Grave Endeavor Duskshell Crawler Fractal Harness Wand of Orcus Eternal Thirst Lucille Vorrac Battlehorns Return of the Wildspeaker
11 months ago
Mutant's Prey ???
Hydra's Growth - je to sice aura, takze kartova nevyhoda. Ale ak to nezodpovie, je to brutalne
1 year ago
I had Nylea, Keen-Eyed turn on today. My battlefield included 2x The First Iroan Games, Calix, Destiny's Hand, a Setessan Champion. Together with Nylea herself, that made 5. I got to attack for lethal when she powered on.
Also, I didn't see any copies of Containment Priest that game, but I played two Flicker of Fates through that game. One played as a combat trick where I blinked my The First Iroan Games to make an extra blocker and buff my Setessan Champion to block profitably, and the other to reset a Banishing Light after I drew a different piece of removal to take care of the card initially banished. I think I let out a Thunderous Snapper to be Giant Killered. I can't remember what I switched the Banishing Light to. But two good plays without Containment Priest...that was a nice surprise. Also notable that it was most useful blinking enchantments in that scenario.