Calix, Destiny's Hand
Legendary Planeswalker — Calix
+1: Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal an enchantment card from among them and put that card into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
-3: Exile target creature or enchantment you don't control until target enchantment you control leaves the battlefield.
-7: Return all enchantment cards from your graveyard to the battlefield.
|Have (2)||TrystonSpencer , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Calix, Destiny's Hand Discussion
2 months ago
(10) the general plan is to slow your opponent down with the enchantments, in the past the lack of Solitary Confinement made this difficult if you didn't draw Ghostly Prison , Sphere of Safety and Leyline of Sanctity . if you want more win cons you can increase the number Sigil of the Empty Throne and add Luminarch Ascension additionally with Sanctum Weaver enough mana could be produced to cast Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
(11) I did some testing with Calix, Destiny's Hand and feel in this deck it does everything you want but does not win the game so I ended up cutting it for more win conditions
(12) depending on the current meta you can adjust the numbers of the stax enchantments to compensate for the usual meta game shifts. This deck does do best in a meta filed with aggro and midrange, control is difficult due to counterspells. for the most part I see this deck being solid tier 2 for the future the upgrades from MH2 bring it out of its tier 3 state of the past.
@TKDbeast I hope that answers your question if you have more feel free to ask!
2 months ago
Awesome stuff! I'm so excited for MH2's enchantress support, and I'm happy to see people already experimenting and learning!
Here are a bunch of questions - sorry if there are too many! Answer as many as you'd like!
- Thoughts on Suppression Field ?
- Thoughts on Courser of Kruphix ?
- Thoughts on Sanctum Weaver?
- Why Privileged Position over Greater Auramancy ?
- Why Conclave Tribunal ?
- Why Wheel of Sun and Moon over Rest in Peace ?
- When do you want to cast Solitary Confinement ? If you're on the brink of losing, is it a good play?
- How good is Hall of Heliod's Generosity , and when should you use it?
- Why did you select Canopy Vista over other lands?
- Between Sigil of the Empty Throne and Setessan Champion , are there enough wincons? Additionally, are they fast enough, or are Solitary Confinement s and your other enchantments strong enough to buy you time?
- How good is Calix, Destiny's Hand ?
- How do you foresee the Modern metagame and Enchantress archetype affecting one-another in the future?
5 months ago
5 months ago
Banishing Light doesn't have a cmc restriction on targets though.
Would love to run this with the only creatures being the Fae of Wishes as it generally functions as a creatureless deck.
Thank you for taking a look and I appreciate the suggestion.
5 months ago
I only use these on creatures if there are no other non-land permanent types.
Heartless Act only targets creatures also btw.
8 months ago
I had Nylea, Keen-Eyed turn on today. My battlefield included 2x The First Iroan Games, Calix, Destiny's Hand, a Setessan Champion. Together with Nylea herself, that made 5. I got to attack for lethal when she powered on.
Also, I didn't see any copies of Containment Priest that game, but I played two Flicker of Fates through that game. One played as a combat trick where I blinked my The First Iroan Games to make an extra blocker and buff my Setessan Champion to block profitably, and the other to reset a Banishing Light after I drew a different piece of removal to take care of the card initially banished. I think I let out a Thunderous Snapper to be Giant Killered. I can't remember what I switched the Banishing Light to. But two good plays without Containment Priest...that was a nice surprise. Also notable that it was most useful blinking enchantments in that scenario.
8 months ago
So, we've seen a consistent theme within the past Standard releases since War of the Spark, being the Planeswalkers. What always happens is that there are three 'Walkers—two returning characters and one new. Throne of Eldraine had these two, this one, and Elk; Theros, Beyond Death had her, that one, and him; Ikoria had High-Kick, this guy, and that person; and, lastly, Zendikar Rising had this compeer, this complice, and this confrere. (Ran out of things to call them).
With each of these people clearly stated above, and with the coming of Kaldheim, I am much curious as to what players may speculate. We know that it is a frore, hiemal terrain, being a Nordic-esc setting, but I know not anyone who would suit this setting. Sarkhan that beseems the wintry world, but the other returning character is more difficult to isolate.
More so as a follow-up in the same thread, any ideas for the new Planeswalker's design?