Creature — Cat Demon
Exploit (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature.)
When Rakshasa Gravecaller exploits a creature, put two 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rakshasa Gravecaller Discussion
1 month ago
Well what's wrong with one cabal coffers when you can have Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for an asston of mana! Some awesome card advantage would be Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip or basically any of the Lilliana cards! But since you run so few creatures, my suggestion would be to take out some one time card things like Altar's Reap and Dark Dabbling for something like a Grave Titan and a Rakshasa Gravecaller for more zombie token spam!
Of course, no true overwhelming zombie deck would be complete without a Sidisi, Undead Vizier because that's a tutor on a body!
Of course since you're on a budget below 200 bucks these are the best I can offer you without you potentially going over budget.
3 months ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
6 months ago
Always happy to see new token brews! Though I am faithful to my tried and true BW Tokens, I would be happy to help however I can. The first thing that I would focus on is your land base, because as I am sure you are already aware, every great deck starts with a great land base. I know you're looking for more budget friendly options, so Marsh Flats may not be ideal. However, Bloodstained Mire isn't too expensive as of now. Same with Godless Shrine and Sacred Foundry. Since you are playing a 3 color deck, you shouldn't need to buy a playset of any of these lands. Blackcleave Cliffs would also be a notable inclusion. As to what to replace with these, I personally think a playset of both Isolated Chapel and Clifftop Retreat is a bit much.
As far as the rest of your cards go, I would replace Goblin Rabblemaster with Monastery Mentor and consider replacing Rakshasa Gravecaller with Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet. Since many of your creatures provide tokens, I would also contemplate replacing the Raise the Alarm and Secure the Wastes with more reactive spells like Lightning Helix and Dreadbore. If you do decide to go this route, I would take out Intangible Virtue, as it may wind up being a dead card since Mardu Tokens have a lot more creatures than BW Tokens do. Lastly, whatever you decide to do, I advise you to try and find space for a playset of Path to Exile, as the card goes a long way. Hope I was able to help, feel free to look at my BW Tokens list if it has a chance of helping at all, and if I can help you out with anything else please feel free to ask!
6 months ago
Hey, thanks for the comment! I also love tokens, I actually have an abzan tokens list too. The cards you mentioned are great, and I was looking at them when i was building the deck, but had problems with most of them. Spectral Procession can just be hard mana wise, i dont think the deck will be able to get 3 white on turn 3 enough to justify it, Dragon's Fodder and Gather the Townsfolk are both good, but sorcery speed hurts them a bit for me. Hordeling Outburst is a fun card too but has a bit of a similar problem to Spectral Procession. I also decided to cut those cards to go a bit more of a controlling route, with more disruption and removal, which combos well with the Young Pyromancer. Butcher of the Horde probably isnt the strongest card for sure, but him and Rakshasa Gravecaller are just pet cards of mine that i really wanted to put into a deck so thats why they are in there.
Hero of Bladehold is an amazing card for sure. I run 2 in my abzan list, which is a deck I really love to play, and she has been super powerful there.Thanks for the tips! Very much appreciated, I'll definitely check out your deck and see if I can help you out at all!
6 months ago
7 months ago
7 months ago
How do you feel about these changes, EagleBagel? Would these bring more balance and ability to the deck?
9 months ago
Ajani, Caller of the PrideCall for BloodCall the BloodlineCall the GatewatchCall to ArmsCall to GloryCall To ServeCall to the GraveCall to the NetherworldCaptain's CallGhoulcaller GisaGhoulcaller's AccompliceGhoulcaller's BellGhoulcaller's ChantMaster's Call Null CallerRakshasa GravecallerTwilight's Call