Creature — Vampire
Whenever Bloodhall Priest enters the battlefield or attacks, if you have no cards in hand, Bloodhall Priest deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Madnes 1BR (If you discard this card, discard it into exile. When you do, casat it for its madness cost or put it into your graveyard.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||Wolfebladeelite , dolphinsgrubb , rakdos24 , Nightdragon779 , rhinoloupe , ZombieFood , Hootiequack , DrPopular , Dr_Jay , Spinalripper , Falte , Rez09 , joshw335 , frederiklw , mziter501 , Atavistic , aeonstoremyliver , Va1mar , thetechzombie , KB2187 , darthnuchi , GoldGhost012|
Bloodhall Priest Discussion
1 month ago
Exsanguinate would go well with all the mana acceleration.
Collective Brutality is versatile.
Maybe look into some madness cards. You have plenty of outlets for being able to cast the madness cost.
Voldaren Pariah, From Under the Floorboards, Stromkirk Occultist, Bloodhall Priest (I think might be one of the best fits), Incorrigible Youths, Avacyn's Judgment, I could go on with some more but I feel like I'm suggesting too many at once haha
1 month ago
I recommend a slightly more aggressive approach, focusing a little more on the madness mechanic. For that, you could add Furyblade Vampire or Ravenous Bloodseeker to enable madness and Incorrigible Youths as a payoff. Further, i suggest Insolent Neonate as a better one-dropt. To not run out of steam, you can add more Tormenting Voice and 2-3 Asylum Visitor.
Things to get rid of:
- Defiant Bloodlord -> this is not primarily a lifegain deck & the mana cost are way too high.
- Zulaport Cutthroat -> only useful with mass creatures (e.g. token strategies) or sac strategies.
- Visions of Brutality -> i don't see any synergy
- Diabolic Tutor -> make your deck consistent by playing 4 of each important card and you don't need tutors. they slow you down too much.
- Pick the Brain -> sideboard
- Blood Mist -> unsure about this one. you already get first strike from Stensia Masquerade but the cards work well together. But you want more creatures. So at least go down a copy...
Other cards to consider:
Mandalorian on Cycle
1 month ago
If you just want cards from Hour and Amonkhet in your deck you should change the deck to Standard instead of Modern. While the deck will also be Modern legal, if it contains no Modern cards, could be misleading.
Cycle synergies from Hour and Amonkhet:
Other discard synergies in Standard right now:
If you want to get into Modern with this strategy, these cards can be good:
2 months ago
Gearhead93 thank you for your comment, i really like your suggestions. Bloodhall Priest is definitely going to be in the main board, maybe replacing a very situational Hollow One. and we can only hope that Collective Brutality goes down a bit after cycling out of standard (even though its played throughout the format). i looked at it and loved it, but shuddered at the price, definitely an include if i stop being a cheap bastard but that doesn't look like any time soon. I really like your other suggestions as bloodrage is basically a lesser goyf, and Lightning Axe can help with bigger creatures, axe will probably be in the sideboard and brawler i will try to slip into the main somehow. thank you for your contributions.
2 months ago
Maybe add Bloodrage Brawler, Collective Brutality or Lightning Axe to keep pressure on your opponent while still pitching cards, though I understand if brutality is too costly. Perhaps just include some madness cards like Fiery Temper, or Bloodhall Priest?
Really like this though. A really fresh idea with what I think is a good amount of potential.
2 months ago
Thank you for your suggestions Acerola! I have indeed considered most of them, but decided to go with a lower mana curve, since waiting too long to build my army was one of the things that the original deck struggled with. Also I should have mentioned Budget, you were right to assume that in the end.
1 drops... The reason why I chose Shadow Alley Denizen and Falkenrath Gorger as my 1 drops is their amazing synergy with Call the Bloodline. At least one creature will be able to swing at my opponents lifepoints every turn (unless he/she plays black or artifacts of course...) and the Gorger makes sure that I can always abuse the discard mechanic. The Neonate seems just a little weaker then the other 1 drops. I like the idea of sacrificing during combat, but he would only be a valuable sac, if I had something to abuse the discard effect with plus the mana to use it at that very moment. The Assassin seems tempting, but it would be a big mana sink and I would get mad when someone takes him down after he goes lvl 3. The Indulgent Aristocrat is a new card for me and it seems pretty awesome! It has amazing synergy with Blade of the Bloodchief. Also provides a great combat trick, in case one of my vampires dies anyway and I have recursion in the deck, so that is covered as well.
2 drops... Bloodghast is super powerful, but I would want him a couple of times for consistency and that playset could buy me a whole new deck to play around with :-/. Gifted Aetherborn is pretty much a Vampire Nighthawk without wings, and since I don't have Nocturnus, i'd rather play the latter. Gatekeeper of Malakir is great, but again, I fear losing the speed advantage due to my lack of a proper landbase. If I hat fetches and proper dual lands to ensure having 3 black mana on turn 3, without missing red, he would be an auto include. For now i will avoid him for the reason I mentioned above.
3 drops... This is a tough one. Captivating Vampire is great, but again eats $$$ while i feel like there are superior lords for vampires. His control ability is pretty amazing though. The legendaries are a bit tricky in my meta. I have played Olivia Voldaren for a long time and she has always caught instant attention. I fear that the same might happen again. The mobilized version of Olivia would be my favorite of the bunch, because haste.
4 drops... I based this whole deck around the idea of being able to use Call the Bloodline every turn and getting synergy out of it. This means that I try to use discard-madness every round, but also that I have to pay one extra colorless for everything I want to cast. Therefore using something that will effectively cost me 5 mana seems risky. Nocturnus is probably my favorite vampire lord, but I will have to avoid him. The one that sticks out is Bloodhall Priest. Madness for 3 makes her a 4 and the Shock is always nice and will pretty much always happen.
Lands... Dragonskull Summit would indeed be the ideal first step in a better land base.
Again, thank you a lot for these suggestions!
2 months ago
Hi! Have you considered:
1 drop creatures:
- Indulgent Aristocrat: Excellent 1 drop that comes with lifelink and can give counters to all your vampires
- Insolent Neonate: 1R drop that synergizes with the madness, has menance, and can provide card advantage
- Guul Draz Assassin: 1 drop that eventually becomes a Grasp of Darkness if left unchecked
- Bloodghast: Really annoying 2/1 that can always come back if you have a land drop
- Gatekeeper of Malakir: 2/2 that has kicker for 1B. If you kick it, they have to sacrifice a creature so it's for tempo.
- Gifted Aetherborn: Non-flying vampire knighthawk
- Captivating Vampire Buffs +1/+1 and can steal other creatures provided you have enough vamps
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir: 2/3 Flying, First strike. Can buff all your creatures with +1/+1 counters
- Olivia, Mobilized for War: 3/3 Flying. Let's you discard and buff another creature with a +1+1 counter and haste. Not bad
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan: 2/2 Haste. Can grow and become indestructible.
- Bloodhall Priest: 4/4 Has madness and can provide 2 dmg every turn provided your hand is gone
- Bloodline Keeper Flip: 3/3 Flyer that can poop out 2/2 flying vamps. Can flip if you have enough vampires and buff everyone
- Vampire Nocturnus: 3/3 Buffs all vamps with flying and +2/+1 if your top card is black. Can quickly lead to lethal
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet: 3/4 that deals with annoying creatures by exiling em. Has lifelink, can grow. Expensive paper
- Olivia Voldaren: 3/3 Flyer that can ping creatures to kill and grow (+1 counters). Can also steal creatures
If budget is a thing avoid Kalitas and Bloodghast. The rest are affordable-ish. I recommended Dragonskull Summit for a cheap dual land
2 months ago
That's ok! Math is hard anyway, the more I think about it though, the more valuable that Pack Rat seems to be.... I just need to find two before Friday if I can.
I'm really curious however about the 4 drop spot. I'm really falling for Bloodhall Priest but kalitas is just better on paper. Both die to Fatal Push, but neither to Lightning Bolt. I dunno. Feels weird to prefer priest for this deck, but she feels right
In the very least, I'll let you know how it does on Friday!