Jaya's Immolating Inferno
(You may cast a legendary sorcery only if you control a legendary creature or planeswalker.)
Jaya's Immolating Inferno deals X damage to each of up to three target creatures, players and/or planeswalkers.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , CompleteWaste|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Jaya's Immolating Inferno Discussion
2 months ago
3 months ago
Thanks! So far the deck has been ok, I've only played it in a couple of games so far but it worked out ok in them. If I had to make any changes I might pull out either Spikeshot Elder or Welder Automaton . They're both very effective win conditions, but I haven't once run into a situation where I needed both. Having Jaya's Immolating Inferno as a backup works just fine. I might recommend a little more targeted removal, but that might just be my meta. Good luck brewing!
5 months ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Dig Through Time Underworld Breach Mana Geyser Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip Blood Moon Jaya's Immolating Inferno Ignite the Future Ruination Scour from Existence Mnemonic Deluge Thousand-Year Storm Expansion / Explosion Narset's Reversal Beacon of Tomorrows Mass Manipulation Narset, Parter of Veils Ral, Storm Conduit Mystic Sanctuary Spell Swindle Past in Flames Runic Repetition
5 months ago
Looking good! After a few playtests, it's clear just how quickly you can assemble a small but versatile army. If I may, I have a few questions and/or recommendations for the deck. I'll start with the overarching notes.
First: why isn't there more red? It seems that you've bulked up on white and blue despite having all this red mana at your disposal. I can certainly understand the appeal when it comes to cards like Jaya's Immolating Inferno or Finale of Glory , but unless this is a dedicated combo deck bent on tutoring out a similar win con (may I suggest Comet Storm ?), I have to wonder how you're planning on making it work. If you aren't as dedicated to that, I would look into ways to turn red (or colorless!) noncreature spells into cantrips. Jori En, Ruin Diver comes to mind. While you're at it, Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip and Runaway Steam-Kin , if not price-prohibitive, would be decent additions.
Second, it would seem you need a few more dedicated spirit token generators. Spirits can get expensive, but it is certainly possible to pick out Court of Grace , Geist-Honored Monk , and Promise of Bunrei .
I realize those are not red cards. Have you considered Electrostatic Field , Gelectrode , or Thermo-Alchemist ? Maybe take a look at modern Arclight Phoenix decks? I would also look up boros anthem effects, which are probably better than mono-white ones. Nobilis of War is free after 5 spirits.
Overall, I think being clear about how tall and how wide you want this deck to be will help streamline its consistency. Kykar has a lot going on; make the most of him (or her)!
5 months ago
If I cast a Jaya's Immolating Inferno for x=7 do I get to 7 damage to three different targets, or is it a total of 7 damage split amongst up to three different targets?
5 months ago
i love the name first and foremost and i think the deck looks really neat. It's got alot of cool drgaons, lots of neat dwarves, its got a fair amount of ramp between artifacts and treasures, and its got a couple of board wipes. I think 39 lands is too many cause most of your cards are gonna be cheap dwarves and the bigger dragons you're gonna cheat into play anyways. dropping down to even 36 would probably be fine.
red has a big issue with removal when it comes to commander. abrade is a great start, but a well timed Lightning Strike , Lightning Bolt , Blazing Volley can help those dwarves swing in unimpeded. Footfall Crater has actually been a really fun card in my decks that i think you might enjoy, gives haste and trample to your dragons when they come in. Fire Prophecy and Soul Sear , Jaya's Immolating Inferno are also decent kill spells in commander. By Force is great for dealing with alot artifacts.
in terms of dwarves, Torbran, Thane of Red Fell is amazing, and i know you don't like the old frame cards but Dwarven Trader , Dwarven Scorcher , Spark Mage , Dwarven Grunt are some good one drop dwarves to play before magda so you can start making treasures turn two when she comes down.
6 months ago
Arcum Dagsson is a little pricey at $4 (USD), but from being able to fetch a Nevinyrral's Disk on endstep and untapping immediately with it, to putting Orbs of Warding into play in response to a Jaya's Immolating Inferno : this card's a superstar.
Grand Architect functions either as just an anthem to pump your team or a way to power out your artifacts--all at the low low price of 80 cents!
Thought Vessel , Mind Stone , Wayfarer's Bauble , Fellwar Stone , Sky Diamond , Burnished Hart , Dreamscape Artist , Myriad Landscape ... you could consider running any or all of those to improve/increase your ramp package.
I really like the concept! Keep tinkering!