Destroy all creatures, then search target opponent's library for up to three creature cards and put them into his or her graveyard. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Life's Finale occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Life's Finale Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hi! Something I have found with my own Anowon deck is it is important to have a lot of cheap, evasive rogues to push through damage for Anowon's trigger. Two that I have found work well are Prickly Boggart and Nightshade Stinger .
Opposition Agent is a fantastic rogue, and I would definitely recommend adding it if you have one/are able to get one. Just be aware that it WILL draw hate from the table.
Lastly, I think having a few lower-cost mana rocks might help. I run Guardian Idol and Prismatic Lens , for example. Any two-mana rocks will be good though, as they will set you up for a turn 3 Anowon.
Hope that helps!
3 months ago
Sanglier: I somehow got Thornbite Staff from someone's entire collection before it jumped to like 6-7 dollars :D
To mess with my others, I like Life's Finale; Sadistic Sacrament and Bitter Ordeal to cripple their cards or entire libraries with some infinite die triggers for Bitter Ordeal (I use Desecrated Tomb + Phyrexian Altar + Tortured Existence for that), but thats a bit more evil than just a discard spell... :D More cards I know about like that are Nightmare Incursion and Praetor's Grasp, all those cards could work really well together in some library-hate themed deck I guess.
Anyway, Thornbite Staff could be really sweet here with Gisa, even with only a 2/2 zombie token on board, which would basically be: ": sacrifice a 2/2 token to make two 2/2 tokens." whiiiiiiich, just looking at my collection again, could go infinite with Carnival of Souls and something that gives you 1 or more life upon a creature etb, like Ayara, First of Locthwain. Just not every playgroup is OK with infinite combos.. just some ideas here :D
3 months ago
Optimator: Hello there! Always gotta love Vilis decks, especially as detailed as this one :D A lot of cards in Maybeboard would fit the deck really well (I just have no idea why you got some cards two or three times there), but I would try to minimalize the maybeboard as much as possible, to not look the deck so chaotic.
I run Vilis in my Syr Konrad's For the Void deck.. he doesnt really fit the theme/idea of the deck so well, but Vilis is just too badass to cut out :D (anyway, any feedback/suggestions would be welcomed aswell <3 )
Some cards in deck I would cut, why, and their replacement:
1) Falkenrath Noble - might be a nice card in an aristocrat deck, there isnt really any way to generate->sac big amount of your creatures to abuse Falkenrath Noble as much as possible, also costs . If you want an aristocrat, Bastion of Remembrance could be a possible option aswell. Its cheaper, gives you a 1/1 token and has the same effect as F.Noble. Sure, can't attack or block, but Bastion is also harder to remove since its an Enchantment.
2) Leaden Myr - as you already mentioned, a possible cut for some other mana-rock.. I would switch it for Malakir Rebirth Flip as an another kind of "protection" to either Vilis or another important creature at the moment. With Vilis on board, it even draws you two cards (destroy protection, draw two cards, triggering aristocrat-like effects at instant speed for only ? YES PLEASE! ). In worse case scenario, its also additional land drop. Another possible replacement could be Blood Celebrant, which synergies well with both Vilis and K'riik.
3) Liliana's Contract - would probably fit better in some Demon tribal deck or Conspiracy deck. You also have only six Demons in your deck, all of them with fairly high mana cost. As a better card-draw, I would add either Greed, since it draws you 3 cards with Vilis on board, maybe even Skullclamp that would draw you two cards every turn with Ophiomancer, but Greed would be most likey better option, since there isnt really any other way to generate a lot of tokens every turn.
4) Crux of Fate - no Dragons in your deck, not even so many of them in black in general, so outside of politic reason, other 5CMC or less boardwipes would be better. I personally love Life's Finale, its more expensive than Crux of Fate, but enables you to look and search in target opponent's deck and put up to 3 creatures from their deck into theri graveyard, which would synergize with Chainer, Dementia Master, Geth, Lord of the Vault and some other.
5) Ruinous Path - sorcery speed removal is kinda meh, so something like Hero's Downfall is just better. I personally like Eat to Extinction, even if its more expensive, it helps with top-deck managment (+exiles targeted creature/pw).
6) Cut few swamps for:
6a) Cabal Stronghold - Stronghold is cheap, can tap itself for and can give you plenty of later on.
6b) Emergence Zone - I personally love this utility land, just because it gives you spells Flash whenever you sac it. It doesnt ETB tapped and can help you casting some stuff when you sac it.
7) Chaos Wand - might be a fun card, but doesnt really fit the deck at all. I would cut it for Bontu's Monument to make a lot of your big black stuff cheaper and another small source of life-gain.
8) Big mana-rocks: Gilded Lotus and Thran Dynamo - I used to run those too, but slowly started replacing them with cheaper mana rocks like Thought Vessel and Arcane Signet. Hedron Archive is okay-ish since it can draw you two cards when you no longer need it, but with Vilis and especially mono-black, there can always be enough card draw.
9) Spellbook - would be fine, if you didnt manage to get your Reliquary Tower or Venser's Journal on board, but otherwise its just a dead card that does nothing to you anymore. I would rather replace it with Ivory Tower to get some life back.
10) Curtains' Call - I would replace this one for one of the following:
10a) Devour in Shadow/Vendetta - cheap removal that can potentionaly draws you X cards aswell.
10b) Dismember - depending on how big the creature is, but since you could cast it for only one and draw 4 cards aswell, its decent choice aswell.
10c) Snuff Out - free removal in 99.999% time, which can draws you 4 cards aswell, but not for black creatures, which, depending on your opponent's deck, might be important. Still most likely a better option.
10d) Tragic Slip - goes through indestructible, but requires a creature to die to be maximum effective, which might be sometimes a problem. Still, really good one.
10e) Malicious Affliction - another cheap removal, which is also locked to non-black creatures, but is able to destroy two creatures if a creature died already, so similar issue like Tragic Slip.
10f) Profane Command - I just totally love this card. Its not instant, but can be really flexible in various situations, so I would probably go for this as a replacement.
10g) Erebos's Intervention - similar to Profane Command, it flexile aswell, providing you to remove some indestructible creature and get some life; or serves as a fairly decent graveyard hate at instant speed.
I won't go through cards in maybeboard, even though there is plenty of really nice cards that would work so well in Vilis's deck, like Bolas's Citadel, Doom Whisperer, Font of Agonies and Phyrexian Reclamation and many more, it would just be a little too much, I would say... :D
I hope some of my suggestions will help, gonna upvote this for sure, just because it looks really nice, especially with so many possible cards that could easily fit so well :)
7 months ago
If you wanna do some kind of "control" I would suggest:
Sudden Spoiling - can save you, or use it diplomatically. It also combos with Massacre Wurm.
You already use Sadistic Sacrament and Life's Finale, so you could consider Nightmare Incursion,Praetor's Grasp, even Peer into the Abyss could be silly to use :D Curse of the Cabal is a bit silly, but could be fun to use in some decks.
I use Bitter Ordeal in my For the Void as a combo piece... its very derpy combo, but it works surprisingly well :D (infinite triggers of Desecrated Tomb+Tortured Existence+Phyrexian Altar).
Gravestorm - could be used aswell, but there are better cards for draw and graveyard hate, but why not more card draw in control deck?
Necropotence - depending on your budget (which it seems to be okay), this is just top tier diamond in mono-black. You dont even have any self-discard card effects (just max. hand size), so its even better. Reliquary Tower usually fixes that problem, so you can go full yolo. Ivory Tower/Venser's Journal helps to mitigate the life lose.
Price of Knowledge - Should be pretty solid in mono-black (even in U/B) control. It also works pretty well with Peer into the Abyss.
Revenge of Ravens - could be helpful to keep attacking creatures away from you or just slow them down.
Scheming Symmetry - Absolutely great card, especially when you can either draw your top card right away, or just cast it with Bolas's Citadel and/or remove the top card of your opp's library, which shouldnt be that hard, depending on you deck, ofc. Lord of the Void/Oblivion Sower should do the job.
Cards I would get rid off:
Blood Artist - Its a good card, but it heavily depends on the board state of every player.. I personally wouldnt play it, unless you can abuse it on your own, pinging opponents by 1 damage..
Beseech the Queen - In my opinion, this is the worst tutor a mono black deck can have, just because you must reveal the card you tutored for.. I would either remove it or replace it with other tutor like Grim Tutor, etc.
7 months ago
Really cool infected themed deck! I would probably recommend:
Life's Finale - fairly nice board wipe with ability to put into graveyard 3 creatures from any opp's library, which you could reanimate later. Also fits infect/phyrexian deck fairly nicely.
Profane Command - gives X of your creatures Fear to kill your opponents easier with infect damage.
Mimic Vat - Ability to create token of any of your creatures with infect every turn? Seems pretty decent to me :D And it also counts ANY creature that dies. In my opinion, this is one of many card that can theoretically fit in any deck. It also works pretty great with Rings of Brighthearth and Strionic Resonator, but its for another deck I guess. Bonus point: the new art of Mimic Vat from Theros Beyond Death has really nice art (even the older one has).
Emergence Zone - fairly nice utiliy colorless deck. Again, in my opinion it can be used in many, many decks. :D
Homeward Path - You probably dont want to get your infect creatures stolen and hit your own face... :D
Lake of the Dead/Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - very pricey lands, but they can help a lot in mono black deck. Myriad Landscape is also fairly nice in mono color decks.
Haunted Crossroads/Mortuary/Tortured Existence - I use those cards in my Syr Konrad, the Grim deck, which work just great. But they might be fairly good in any other deck, just to get your creature back and draw it right away (which can be really easy in black). You could also abuse Haunted Crossroads/Mortuary with Bolas's Citadel, but I dont feel like it fits here (even how powerful that card is).
After all, playing full infect deck might be dangerous, depending on your playgroup, ofc. I personally play Tainted Strike in my For the Void deck. Its great card for Syr Konrad, together with any boardwipe OR Tortured Existence, Desecrated Tomb and Phyrexian Altar.
7 months ago
7 months ago
oh somone already said that, fuck. gimmy a second to find another card... uhhh idk Boneyard Parley sounds pretty synergistic to your commander, thats alota mana tho. Deadeye Tracker and Nezumi Graverobber could be epic, exile the creatures you dont care for so u have a better chance of getting a better creature. Life's Finale boardwipes and lets you get the biggest of boys from target opponents library.