Destroy all creatures. Each player loses life equal to the number of creatures they controlled that were destroyed this way.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Deadly Tempest Discussion
1 month ago
You need more ramp since you have a lot of expensive cards. For ramp you need: Arcane Signet , Charcoal Diamond , Jet Medallion , Nyx Lotus , Dark Ritual , Culling the Weak , Wayfarer's Bauble , Bubbling Muck . Take out Ugin, the Ineffable . I don't know why you have it, there are hardly enough colorless cards to make it effective. Also take out Josu Vess, Lich Knight , Abhorrent Overlord , and a couple more expensive cards that cost 6+ cmc. You also need to change your boardwipes. They are far too expensive to be effective. Trade Necromantic Selection for Shadows' Verdict , Deadly Tempest for Mutilate , Oblivion Stone for Soul Shatter . I would suggest Decree of Pain for Damnation or Toxic Deluge considering the deck price. Other cards to consider adding: Swiftfoot Boots , Defile , Phyrexian Arena , Sign in Blood , Read the Bones , Night's Whisper . Since you are already running good sac outlets, Exsanguinate and Torment of Hailfire consider adding an Infinite Mana Combo. Make these changes and the deck will be much faster and more competitive.
2 months ago
Hey, you're welcome.
- Innocent Blood
- Plaguecrafter and Demon's Disciple
- Liliana's Triumph
- Vona's Hunger
- Tergrid's Shadow
- Call to the Grave
Living Death is powerful, but may be too expensive price. It's mass sacrifice for all players creatures and it's also mass reanimation for each player of any creatures that where in that players graveyard before you cast Living.
Black has some board wipes, unfortunately the better cards are not budget options, but here's a few that are.
- Life's Finale : also puts any three creatures of your choice from one opponent's library into their graveyard to embalm them with Scarab.
- Deadly Tempest : also does damage to each player.
- Crux of Fate : if there's no problematic Dragons then choose all nonDragon creatures.
Some more situational budget board wipes:
6 months ago
You have Flood of Tears --also consider Wash Out , Devastation Tide , and Fade Away . Crux of Fate and Deadly Tempest are good budget board-wipes ("wraths") as well. Necromantic Selection is expensive but it has the upside of being able to steal a commander. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind are budget too but they're sooo expensive, mana-wise.
6 months ago
7 months ago
Hi! Something I have found with my own Anowon deck is it is important to have a lot of cheap, evasive rogues to push through damage for Anowon's trigger. Two that I have found work well are Prickly Boggart and Nightshade Stinger .
Opposition Agent is a fantastic rogue, and I would definitely recommend adding it if you have one/are able to get one. Just be aware that it WILL draw hate from the table.
Lastly, I think having a few lower-cost mana rocks might help. I run Guardian Idol and Prismatic Lens , for example. Any two-mana rocks will be good though, as they will set you up for a turn 3 Anowon.
Hope that helps!
11 months ago
A few suggestions:
- Erebos, God of the Dead for an additional Greed effect, plus life gain denial.
- Marauding Blight-Priest for a cheaper (or additional) Epicure of Blood effect.
- Sensei's Divining Top to complete the combo with Aetherflux Reservoir and Bolas's Citadel.
- Necropotence for insane card advantage.
- Deadly Rollick for handling indestructible creatures.
- Command the Dreadhorde for a cheaper Rise of the Dark Realms effect (plus planeswalkers!), since you can more easily offset the life loss.
- Black Market to capitalize on the creatures dying either to your aristocrat effects or simply the board wipes we experience in our play group.
- Deadly Tempest for a boardwipe whose downside is mitigated by your life gain. Obviously, things like Damnation are better, but it might be worth a slot to punish go-wide strategies.
- Defiant Bloodlord is an option for an additional Sanguine Bond effect, but I don't really recommend this one as the CMC is far too high especially considering you have the effect in the command zone.
- Pontiff of Blight can be wild if you have the mana and creature presence to abuse it.
- Vilis, Broker of Blood can be a back-breaking top end. Trading life for cards at a 1:1 ratio is wild, especially when attached to an 8/8 body with evasion. It also has the bonus ability of being able to get rid of indestructible creatures while garnering you card advantage.
1 year ago
Hey, I love your deck! A few notes which might make this deck play a little smoother.
Blighted Agent - I'd recommend that you take this card out. This is a Human Rouge, which means that you can't mutate onto this like you probably want to.
Diabolic Tutor - I'd recommend that you take this card out. If you were trying to go for a budget tutor effect, Grim Tutor is being reprinted in M21, and is sure to be cheaper in this coming set. That being said, a better alternative might be Uncage the Menagerie which is more creature focused, or some of the Transmute effects like Dimir House Guard or Dimir Infiltrator which tutor for a specific CMC
Deadly Tempest - I'd recommend that you take this card out. It seems that as a creature focused deck, you are almost always going to be suffering the most from this board wipe. Other alternatives would be Black Sun's Zenith or just a good ol' fashioned Damnation
Migration Path - I'd recommend that you take this card out. 4 mana to put 2 basics onto the field just isn't that good unfortunately. I'd recommend changing this out for a 2 mana Rampant Growth or a 3 mana Cultivate which is being reprinted in M21. In addition to changing Migration Path to one of those options, I would add a Traverse the Outlands. Your commander guarantees that this is a 5 mana 6 land ramp. I'd probably take out Villainous Wealth to make room for this change.
I think that is a good start! I actually have a Volrath, the Shapestealer commander deck which seems to have a lot of similar themes which is where I am getting inspiration from. Hope you enjoy!
1 year ago
This looks fun!! First thing here I see you have 2 ghost quarters listed.... lol This deck really needs Ogre Slumlord and Piper of the Swarm (because stealing commanders is fun) Along with deathtouch and with as many rats that go to the yard I think Dictate of Erebos and Grave Pact which will make it hard to attack you.
I would also put in some board wipes, Damnation is great for black, Bontu's Last Reckoning is the budget version but I don't prefer it, also Deadly Tempest is also really good for late game as well as In Garruk's Wake is really good, then to support all of the things going to all the graveyards you can use Rise of the Dark Realms
Hope this helps!!!