Counter target spell, activated ability, or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , PostContact|
|Want (2)||atom145 , sydwys8|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Disallow occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
UR (Izzet): 0.49%
9 hours ago
Folio of Fancies might be a good addition to the deck. It sits around 55 cents. It would help with draw and mill.
Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves might also be good at protecting the commander, because it will probably be a lightning rod for removal. Since he just sits there, Mask of Avacyn or Ring of Evos Isle could work as well.
3 days ago
1 month ago
Stifle, Tale's End, Disallow, Nimble Obstructionist, Repudiate / Replicate, Voidslime, Summary Dismissal, Discontinuity, Glorious End, Sundial of the Infinite, and Time Stop do it too. Don't worry, you don't need to know these all or anything, it's just that Trickbind was definitely not the only one xD.
1 month ago
Yeah absolutely, intant speed combos are fairly mean and unsporting, cause even the classic mike trike combo or Phyrexian Devourer shenanigans I've been executing thinking I was being mean but when I get to player 3 in line he says, "thanks for taking the table out for me" then throws a Disallow and proceeds to shred me when I sac the devourer to something like Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
1 month ago
Ok, let's start with ramp. I think running 33 lands is good, but you need plenty of early ramp, luckily, there are lots of why to ramp in .
- I always start with all the signets and talismans that I can run, like Golgari Signet and Talisman of Curiosity
- Added to that list might also be Arcane Signet and Fellwar Stone
- Next are the three one-drop enchantments that should go in every green deck, Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, and Carpet of Flowers.
- While new, Titans' Nest has been really good. It ramps, removes unwanted cards from the graveyard, and provides a bit of card advantage.
All told, that's 10-11 cards of pure value, most of which are less than a dollar. Next is card draw. Blue and Black have some fantastic card draw. While I prefer cantrip because they are better for finding combos, the door is wide open. I'll list some go-tos below from cheapest to more expensive.
- I run Frantic Search in most decks because it's good, but any deck that wants cards in the yard needs one. Careful Study and Cephalid Coliseum
- You are already running Dig Through Time; you might consider Treasure Cruise too
- Wheel effects too, very good if you want cards in the yard, think Windfall and Whispering Madness.
- If you want similar effects, Echo of Eons is good (a little pricier). Also, it helps restock your deck.
- Again, cantrips like Ponder, Preordain, and Brainstorm are great for digging for specific cards.
- The top tier (but most expensive) are Sylvan Library, Rhystic Study, and Necropotence. Hard to beat but pricy
Now, let's talk about interaction and removal.
- If you want catch-all interaction, Hero's Downfall, Counterspell, and Disallow are great places to start.
- Nature's Claim is also great. Four life isn't really a lot.
- Depending on the meta Arcane Denial and Delay are really good.
- I also have a soft spot for Mindbreak Trap.
- Free counterspell and removal are always good, perhaps some of the new ones like Fierce Guardianship and Deadly Rollick
- The door is pretty wide open here too.
I'm not going to talk about the mana base for now. This is where the bill will quickly add up. I'd be more than happen to talk about it, though. Solid mana bases for EDH are a passion of mine. Once you buy the pieces for a good mana base in a color combo, you don't really need to do it again (unless you play a lot of these colors).
I that's a lot, but I hope it helps!!
1 month ago
Sweet deck. Definitely makes me miss my old Rashmi deck (Ye Olde Rashmi List). Might I suggest Cryptic Command? Great card in general, obviously, but with a nice concentration of 3CMC spells, it's a juicy play with Rashmi on the field. Thrasios, Triton Hero would be a solid infinite mana win-con as well, though I know his cost did shoot through the roof.
I'd be remiss to not mention that Disallow does the exact thing as Voidlsime with a less restrictive mana cost, but I don't imagine it's a huge issue in this deck.
Keep up the good work!
1 month ago
As far as counters go, I don't play many and when I do it's to protect my stuff. You can never go wrong with Counterspell. I like Rebuff the Wicked, Disallow, Cancel, Dissipate, Unwind,Countersquall, Absorb. That new Fierce Guardianship is pretty cool.