Counter target spell, activated ability, or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
|Have (4)||Tarzanovic , sepheroth119 , jecder ,|
|Want (2)||uhore , Wester_Island|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
4 days ago
3 months ago
DawnsRayofLight: Thank you, great suggestions!
I am running Counterspell, so I'm not quite sure what you mean about running Stoic Rebuttal over it. I've considered cutting SR a few times for Negate, but I always end up deciding against it, as it's nearly always another Counterspell. This slot is more likely to become Disallow and eventually Force of Will. =)
Absolutely love AEtherize! Used it a lot in standard back in the RTR block; I should definitely find a home for it here! I think I'll definitely consider Aetherspouts as well. Propaganda is really good with the land control, but I always feel like without running a whole Pillow Fort package, it's an enchantment I can't tap for mana. Same kind of feelings for Dissipation Field, despite the strength of the card.
Manascape Refractor is an awesome suggestion that I hadn't considered! Definitely going to look to make room for it. Field and Vale, though, I feel would just slow me down more than they would be beneficial in the face of some of my stax effects. I'd be more inclined to add Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx back into the deck, I think.
This deck honestly doesn't need more win-more cards. I used to have it very full of big value creatures like Darksteel Colossus and Sphinx of the Second Sun that I could turn up with Urza's active, which was fine - but I'd frequently find myself stuck with too many in my early hand, and was way more susceptible to being mana-screwed. At this point I'm down to one big fatty in Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. All that being said, I am planning to eventually cut God-Pharaoh's Statue for Blightsteel Colossus haha. =P
Metalworker would be a great pickup too, but I'd definitely be more inclined to trade for than buy, and finding someone willing to trade one is easier said than done lol
Thanks again! =)
3 months ago
It's not really fair to suggest a bunch of additions to a deck without suggesting some cuts, so the ones I am seeing so far are:
- Clone Legion This is a huge spell but not necessarily a game ender when for 9 mana it probably should be. If it doesn't end the game, it will create a bookkeeping nightmare of tokens that are copies of a variety of creatures that don't have haste and are permanent. Seems the most straight across replacement would be Insurrection which for 1 mana less steals ALL creatures (not just one player's), gives them haste, and guarantees you have all the power and your opponents have no blockers. You should be able to end most games that way or at least take out a player or two, or just wait a little longer until that is the case.
- Diluvian Primordial A very expensive creature with no cost reduction, no tribal support, no flash or anything to keep it flexible, and it allows you to cast one spell from each opponent's graveyard? Your spells should be better than theirs. you don't need their spells. Certainly not at this cost. My straight across replacement recommendation? Spark Double! If you have your commander out, this seems like the best creature you could possibly cast!
- Double Vision 5 mana is a lot to spend on an enchantment that does nothing on its own, and when it is really good it is kind of a win more card. What this card needs more from an enchantment is more stuff to do early game and more repeatable card draw, so it may be cliche but you could put Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study here and I'm sure they would prove useful to keeping the deck fueled.
- Foil Seems like the worst of your counterspells, and you already have a lot! You want one you can cast for free? Force of Will, Fierce Guardianship, and Deflecting Swat are all likely better but expensive. Mana Drain too. But IMO, you already have plenty of counterspells and could use more stuff to trigger day/night so I recommend Leyline of Anticipation here so you can make it night on your turn easy and keep all your tools available at all time. Not to mention dropping creatures and artifacts and stuff right before your turn to protect them!
- Galecaster Colossus I'm not sure what another 7 mana creature is doing in this spell slinger deck. You wanna tap out for this on turn 8? No. I found a few other Wizard synergies that would probably work better like Sage of Fables or Metallic Mimic, but probably the Wizard that I would hate seeing the most here and is therefor probably correct is Fatespinner. This will also encourage a lot more day/night flipping I imagine when some people have to skip their main phase!
- Homeward Path Are you worried about your commander being stolen? That doesn't seem like a likely occurrence in our meta, and even less likely with all the counterspells and protection equipment you are playing. Instead how about Tyrite Sanctum? You can put a counter on Vadrik at instant speed repeatably for a low price, and when the time comes you can make him Indestructible permanently!
- Stifle I find this effect is often too small to be worth running defensively. You could replace it with a slightly bigger version like Disallow, Trickbind, Interdict, or Squelch. You could also replace this with kind of anything proactive and I have a lot of suggestions that could go here with Commander's Plate probably being the safest and Galazeth Prismari being the wildest! (He allows you to tap your equipment for mana!)
- Theoretical Duplication I just don't think copying your opponent's creatures for the turn (or more likely creature, singular) is that strong. And the bookkeeping again. You know what IS frustratingly strong? Capsize. Oof. I kinda hate myself for recommending it though. Alternatively if you wanna buyback something fun how about Seething Anger, Haze of Rage, or Lunar Frenzy to build up a huge Vadrik turn!
And a few basic lands for some of the nonbasics I recommended. Also we probably have too many Mountains given that 73% of your mana costs are blue. That's a good start I think at tweaking this deck!
4 months ago
Removed: Dark Petition Grim Tutor Torrential Gearhulk Monologue Tax Keeper of the Accord Dance of the Manse Fierce Guardianship Dovin's Veto Arcane Denial Generous Gift Conqueror's Flail Archaeomancer's Map
5 months ago
Disenchant would be useful if i want to get rid of artifacts/enchantments. I think Disallow would be even more useful in that sense. I think Karametra's Blessing would be extremely useful for my enchanted creatures, but would it protect my enchantments as well as creatures, even if it's like High Alert ? Or does it have to work on only auras, like Gauntlets of Light ?
5 months ago
Hello. I have been studying Blink Brago Control for few weeks and I have to tell that I probably have found my place in MTG - I need to build this deck. The job that you had done is so good.. I'm gonna create my deck based on yours. Why ? Because your deck is IMO lacking some essential cards and OFC an UPDATE. Yep... you really need an update. Im casual player, any feedback is very appreciated. So I encourage everybody who is reading this to a discussion.
card draw / card selection
Rhystic Study - Every blue commander should play this, why don't we try - gives consistent draw to get more cards..
Mystic Remora - more draw..
Esper Sentinel - kinda new card in magic - gets consistent draw
Dig Through Time - Powerful because of delve.
Luminous Broodmoth - Mass removal - even more profit! more blinking!
Soulherder - Every blink deck, please. This enables to get more blinking triggers and payoffs at the same time.
Disallow - extended counterspell...
Trickbind - counter triggers sometimes are gold worth.
Dovin's Veto - One of the most powerful counterspells in magic. Guesss what. It's Azorius colors ;)
Path to Exile - classic
Lightning Greaves - protect commander
Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate - lets sacrifice it anytime we need...
Thran Dynamo - IMO really underappreciated mana base card.
Teferi, Master of Time - Isn't this a must-play in an BW deck now?
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria - Isn't it too much mana?
5 months ago
5 months ago
Test Disallow for yourself and you’ll see that abilities for you to counter come up far more often than any situation where whirlwind counters multiple effects