|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your end step, you may reveal the top card of your library. If you do, each opponent loses life equal to that card's converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Baneful Omen Discussion
2 weeks ago
DrkNinja: the problem with Sorin and Prophet are that they want to put cards in my hand, and since the turn I kill everyone is the last turn and there isn’t more than 1-5 cards in my deck, that wouldn’t kill the whole table. Plus Sorin is legendary so I can’t make 30+ Sorin tokens, and Prophet triggers during your upkeep, so I would have to hope that nobody could wipe the board or deal with it. Baneful Omen doesn’t put cards in hand and happens on my turn, and also I like playing such a shitty card and winning with it.
Jodah isn’t really necessary, as on the last turn, I typically have 30+ lands in play, and casting all the stuff I need to is not an issue.
4 weeks ago
I updated the description to note that the Mimic Vat makes a token.
1 month ago
A few cards worth adding...
- Crystal Quarry
- Cascading Cataracts
- Prismatic Geoscope
- Bringer of the Black Dawn/Bringer of the Blue Dawn
- Baneful Omen/Twilight Prophet
- Ramos, Dragon Engine
- Painful Truths
Cards I think you should consider cutting...
3 months ago
Extra turns as you know. I run a few creatures just because it speeds up the clock immensely. I try to keep my stuff within castable range so if Yennett is dealt with, I can keep going. It adds more resiliency. THis is also not tuned to the max just cuz I'm playing against mid to high tier decks with this list.
Again, creatures help, but if you want ways to kill people, steal their stuff or maybe consider Baneful Omen or other similar effects that gain value over time since you're going to be taking turns. Alternatively just blow people's stuff up with Balancing Act type cards with yennett out. People will hate you even more than before tho.
4 months ago
5 months ago
How about Baneful Omen? It's odd, and can really rack up the damage with this deck.
Hidden Retreat can help you toss stuff on top of your deck.
Scroll Rack is a super useful card for manipulating topdeck with this build. You might want to consider it.
5 months ago
So first things first, this deck is all about value. The cards you use for this deck should bring a ton of value as you are cheating them out for next to nothing. For instance, what value does Bringer of the Red Dawn bring really if you could just play Act of Treason for it's same ability? Who cares about the body it has, but when you play a card in Jodah is should warp the entire game.
As far as your landfall sub theme... I think you should cut it altogether. A real landfall deck requires a LOT of specific cards, most of which you DO NOT have in the deck. Cards like Roil Elemental are good on their own with you just playing one land a turn. Omnath and Ob Nixilis are cards you have to commit to for them to truly shine.
With that in mind the following cards I think are too weak for this deck, and should be cut:
- Bringer of the Red Dawn
- Ashen Rider: Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger is just strictly better.
- Empyrial Archangel: this is more of a personal card, as for this card to be effective you'd need to have Avacyn out as well.
- Frost Titan: Just not enough value.
- Kokusho: Requires someone to Kill it, and doesn't immediately have an effect. Plus it's gonna be a real "feels bad" moment when they Path/Swords/Unmake it and no trigger
- Mindleech Mass: It requires you to do combat damage before it does anything which means theres a whole turn for anyone in your pod to deal with it.
- Ramunap Excavator
- Ob Nixilis
- Reya Dawnbringer: It is a fact that enchantments and artifacts are harder to kill than creatures, it is with that in mind I would say just play Debtors' Knell over Reya.
- Urabrask the Hidden: It's good, but it A) Makes you a huge target because you are messing with people's boards and B) just isn't as good as Authority of the Consuls
- Garruk Wildspeaker: In any ordinary deck this would be fine but since he doesn't do much I'd suggest his bigger, meaner form Garruk, Apex Predator
- Khalni Gem: This is expensive, and it sets you back more than it helps you. The idea with mana rocks is to get you ahead with lands, try Coalition Relic
- Treacherous Terrain: This card is only good against decks that ramp, or in the late game, in which case you'd rather see something else like a Time Stretch.
Cards I would suggest for this deck:
- Najeela, the Blade-Blossom
- Nexus of Fate
- Baneful Omen
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Zendikar Resurgent
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty
- Zacama, Primal Calamity
- Demonlord Belzenlok
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Storm Herd
- Plague Wind
- Rise of the Dark Realms
- In Garruk's Wake
- Blatant Thievery
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
- Karn Liberated
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
If you think my advice was helpful or if you want to check out my version of the deck, upvote and check it out here.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 3 COMMENTS | 94 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
5 months ago
Rzepkanut agreed, this is way better than tribal sets and has some strange aspects. Well besides the deck, thats pretty straight forward.
+1: Draw a card, then put a card from your hand on top of your library.
-1: Exile another target permanent you own, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
-6: Choose left or right. Each player gains control of all nonland permanents other than Animatou, the Fateshifter controlled by the next player in the chosen direction.
So this is clearly a top decking PW. Question is, do you go with something like Baneful Omen or Dark Confidant to win? Damage opponents with your own cards or damage with there cards? Im mostly concerned about how best to utilize all of the card including the ult.