|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Ojutai, Soul of Winter
Legendary Creature — Dragon
Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, tap target nonland permanent an opponent controls. That permanent doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (38)||Caldazar , ironax , Lucretian , jstn.mrrtt , KingOfGrixis , Wolfebladeelite , Mortiferus_Rosa , Ashy , BlueMageBrandon , Regulus1010 , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , johnsongrantr , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , Yawkcorb , angesoir , Xunfor6iv3nX , DarkMagician , saj0219 , Spinalripper , Dr_Jay , duff87 , chrishuffman95 , rikertchu , Pro_Noob , Feyd-Rautha , Orypool , Epidilius , Gyraxis , ztanos , bakeraj4 , mziter501 , rakdos24 , Pumpkinking913 , rockleemyhero , golgarigirl , philktoken8998|
|Want (2)||snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , kvfd1719|
Ojutai, Soul of Winter Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hi! I really like your take on Ur-Dragon deck so I have a few questions to ask:
- Aren't Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Ojutai, Soul of Winter and Wasitora, Nekoru Queen underperforming? What is your experience in playing them?
- Doesn't this deck suffer too much from artifact hate and counterspelling key dragons? Mine playgroup uses counterspells a lot so I started using cards like Taigam, Ojutai Master, Surrak Dragonclaw, Conqueror's Flail and Steely Resolve for additional protection
- How good are your planeswalkers overall and why don't you use Sarkhans: the Mad and Unbroken?
4 months ago
Hi, I am playing a 5C Scion deck and if you want to play 5C. Land and mana base if everything. But when you focus on 3 and splash 2 it helps a lot. Some lands that can be very useful.
Cheap to buy, do not come into play tapped and you can tap a land before returning it to your hand. Also, yes pain lands are a good cheap option too.
Also if you are interested my deck is called who says 5 is too much? seems a little slow but it has proven very consistent in multiplayers and team events. At our communities and among my friends this is my deck they fear most.
hope it helps
5 months ago
I agree with the above comment, and there are a lot of better commanders. That being said commander is a more fun format, so if you would like to use ojutai do so. Ojutai, Soul of Winter would be nice in the same deck. I would want to focus on ojutai's ability, so I would want a lot of effects giving your creatures vigilance. Brave the Sands Always Watching Akroma's Memorial etc. The next thing would be to make sure combat damage gets in so either things like Steel of the Godhead Aqueous Form and the like. One nice thing is your colors offer a lot of draw and ways to interact with your opponent, so the rest would be how you want the deck to play. If you want to be more control, Cyclonic Rift Rout Austere Command Sphinx's Revelation. You could easily run tokens, this isnt a good commander for it but azorious can do them pretty well. You could also try some niche ideas like an army of flying or just hard to remove creatures, but these are likely to be less effective than control.
6 months ago
All right, I have a couple concerns. Looks at my deck Yidris and his Sky Friends for more stuff.
1) one of the Kindred cycle?
2) literally no noncreature removal.
3) are the gods really necessary?
6) why not Ur as the commander, not his scion?
7) Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, Numot, the Devastator, O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami (though he's pretty cool), Ojutai, Soul of Winter, maybe Orator of Ojutai, and Thundermaw Hellkite are all subpar creatures, at least in this deck (or in general, depending).
8) your deck is very surprising; you aren't very proactive (not very active, in fact) in the early game. Then turn 5-7 you're like surprise! I have the biggest shit on the board. That's one of the things I love most about your deck, and you can capitalize on that by getting haste enablers. Dragonlord Kolaghan is a good one, though it physically hurts me to see a creature's ability go totally unused.
6 months ago
Ojutai, Soul of Winter is absolutely goddamn bonkers in this deck. I'd cut the Dragonlord version for him.
Sarkhan the Mad is potentially a crazy good finisher. Just drop him and ult him on a huge board of Dragons.
8 months ago
I'm always running Thunderbreak Regent now since he enabled me to win against a more expensive Tribal Dragon deck...Ojutai, Soul of Winter's abilty triggered ten times - take 30 damage to the face beeyotch!!
8 months ago
Not a fan of Gift of Estates or anything that specifically adds lands to your hand without away to dump them into play like Terrain Generator or Ghirapur Orrery. Gift is doubly awkward because it only gets Plains, and you only have 11. Yeah, you get your nonbasic Plains as well, but if you draw a glut of them early, or get Gift really late, it isn't worth it. You're better off with something like Burnished Hart, Myriad Landscape, Journeyer's Kite, or Thaumatic Compass.
I think you might want some more dragons if you're serious about Ojutai, Soul of Winter. His effect is stellar, but if you can't reliably swing with more than 2 dragons, it's a bit rough.
Shroud is nice, but I don't think Taigam wants it. It's very difficult to protect him from things when you can't target him. The Crystal Shard is a stellar touch, but not great if you have Whispersilk Cloak on. You might be better served with Swiftfoot Boots to get haste with your hexproof. Also a great taste with Taigam’s Strike, Distortion Strike, and Slip Through Space
Valorous Stance is pretty cool, great if you're focusing on just keeping Taigam around. Some other cards that help your team live through boardwipes couldn't hurt much. Eerie Interlude is one of my favorites even if it works better with ETB abilities and doesn't help tokens out at all, poor Monastery Mentor
It's a shame that Kor Haven doesn't help protect Taigam on his way in to slugging someone in the face to rebound all your spells. Speaking of which, Instants/Sorceries that draw you cards might be worth looking at since what's better than drawing X cards? That's right, drawing 2X cards.
9 months ago
I would be curious to know how the Dragon guild leader from Ravinca would fair against any of the future/would-be Dragonlords of Tarkir.
From the Hip... Despite the large following of Niv-Mizzet; I don't think he has what it takes to best any of them 1-on-1 battle to the death.... Anyone think otherwise?