Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Counter target spell unless its controller pays .
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
1 month ago
@R3l04d: Thanks for your feedback! I haven not updated since WoE. However, I did move a Supreme Verdict to the sideboard in place of 1 copy of Rest in Peace and cut the Censor. I added Cling to Dust and Jwari Disruption Flip to the main. I looked up The End. It certainly is powerful, and could easily replace the Vanishing Verse in the sideboard. I don't know about cutting Saw it Coming though, as you need a protected way to counter things in Thoughtseize decks that this list is susceptible too, such as Mayhem Devil, Omnath, Locus of Creation, Niv-Mizzet, Supreme, etc. Esper control has always been my go-to archetype and I believe it is much better positioned than UW control because of the premium removal black brings and of course Sheoldred, the Apocalypse. Also, Reckoner Bankbuster is probably the most valuable card in the deck. I have a 100% win rate in games that I have cast it.
3 months ago
1) You totally need some type of draw engine. Most of the time you'll want to go land pass and have instant speed interaction. It hurts from the aggro side if you don't need to cast any interaction and instead draw some more cards. Memory Deluge is kind of the best one at the moment at instant speed because you can cast it twice. 4 may be too many, I'd try 3.
2) The Wanderer is also a great interaction piece. It's removal at instant speed and leaves behind a body. If they attack with something small enough you can flash it in and make a blocker thus holding off against aggro. The removal set also can gain life which can be important. I'd put in maybe 3 of these as well. The instant speed is the key with her.
3) 3 board wipes sound good as well. You don't have a sideboard so you can move a few things there. Some Silence and Syncopate can move there as they seem not as strong as other pieces you can play.
4) For lands I usually use this site: http://https://www.channelfireball.com/article/How-Many-Lands-Do-You-Need-in-Your-Deck-An-Updated-Analysis/cd1c1a24-d439-4a8e-b369-b936edb0b38a/ With your current deck it looks like it should be about 25.
5) I don't play much control but if you have draw spells I wouldn't run 4 copies of Teferi. You may be able to run more Shark as you can cycle them away. The thought behind 3 Teferi is you will get to late game and draw him.
6) The sorcery speed is what hurts that card. You are looking for more instant speed interaction.
From all this I would remove: 4x Silence and 4x Syncopate and put in 3x Memory Deluge, 3x The Wandering Emperor, 1x Doomskar, 1x Deserted Beach and my personal idea is swap 1x Censor, 1x Make Disappear and 1x March of Otherworldly Light for 3x Disallow. Can be cast with Lotus and can counter abilities as well. You can put the removed cards in the sideboard.
3 months ago
I think 3 board wipes just feels right in control builds... but im also swarmed with aggro decks in my meta so if you feel that you can go lower than go for it! Im personally a big fan of Censor in general and Render Silent as a 3 mv slot pick but i see your Lotus Field dilemma. all in all i think this looks pretty good.
5 months ago
I would suggest more ways to find the combo. Think Opt maybe tweak a few cards to appear as uw control and suprise them game 1 with the combo.
Ideas for digging on a budget:
Ideas to protect the combo pieces
I see no sideboard so here are a few ideas:
Spreading Seas for tron
Deafening Silence combo
Mystical Dispute or in general, more counterspells
Rebuild bounce artifacts like urza saga tokens
Or you have alot of walls in the list maybe make them swing with High Alert as a plan B
8 months ago
I play a similar deck in explorer on arena. My first main thought is that playing four copies of the legendary creatures isn't necessary, and they all get very bad in multiple. Typically, you won't need or want more than one copy of each per game, so I would probably stick to one or two copies of each max. I agree with the last comment about Memory Deluge, that card is the truth in this type of deck and should probably replace Search; I also agree that Strategic Planning and Collective Brutality are clunky. I strongly recommend some split of Censor, Tainted Indulgence, or Thought Erasure replacing all eight Plannings and Brutalities. I also think any black deck needs at least three copies of Fatal Push; that card is incredibly well placed right now. Finally, I think that some number of hard counter spells are necessary in case you match up against other controlling strategies. Sinister Sabotage, Saw it Coming, or just good old Negate would probably be better than the third and fourth copies of Dreadbore or Heartless Act
1 year ago
Hey Cheiromancer thanks for your comment! This deck was a base and just think about activating the enchantments, I didn't foresee a defense. Fractured Sanity and Censor are over budget. Drake Haven Quicksand are good possibilities,put in maybeboard. Bag of Holding it's a great card but I'd like to make a deck on purpose.
1 year ago
Nice deck, Saccox! Once there are several copies of Mystic Redaction and/or Teferi's Tutelage on the board, each cycled card really cuts into the opponent's library. I would suggest Fractured Sanity for one of the other 3 drops, although maybe that would push the average price up too much. Curse of the Bloody Tome and Vizier of Tumbling Sands don't seem to pull their weight.