Ordeal of Heliod
Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Then if it has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice Ordeal of Heliod.
When you sacrifice Ordeal of Heliod, you gain 10 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ordeal of Heliod Discussion
4 hours ago
Without more Warriors, Arashin Foremost is not really efficient for it's cost. 3 CMC for a 2/2 Double Striker with occasional upside if you happen to have another Warrior out? Fabled Hero seems like a better bet. Same cost, same power and toughness, also has Double Strike, but has the added benefit of Heroic, and with how many triggers you have, it shouldn't be hard to make it a 3/3 or a 4/4 double striker easily.
Speaking of Double Strike, while Battle Mastery just really isn't worth it's cost, considering you can get a creature out there WITH Double strike for the same CMC. Instead you might want to look at cheaper enchants, such as Ordeal of Heliod or Glaring Aegis, so that if some removal is used on the creature in question, while it hurts, it doesn't hurt terribly so.
Also while not bad, Ainok Bond-Kin isn't human, which matters with your Obelisk of Urd. For the effect of First Strike on everyone, may I recommend Archetype of Courage. You get the "all creatures get First Strike" effect, while also getting the benefit of another Human. It ends up being W more mana, but that's not too bad considering both the effect and the side benefit of humans tribal.
2 days ago
No one needs 4 Daxos of Meletis or 4 Thassa, God of the Sea because of their legendary status. My suggestion would be take out two of each, and then add 2-4 Gods Willing which will be both protection for your creatures and can be used to make them unblockable. A playset will set you back a dollar.
Also, consider buffing those creatures with something like Ordeal of Heliod, Ordeal of Thassa or Battle Mastery. These are all roughly $1 a playset and can make your unblockable creatures more of a threat. Possible other auras are things like Mortal Obstinacy (to get rid of pesky enchantments or enchantment creatures) or Marked by Honor to help you defend and round out your curve. Both are $0.15 each.
Hope this helped!
3 days ago
I did look into Ordeal of Heliod but I felt that the life bonus wasn't worth the ability to ramp up mana. With a good hand, I can slap down an Ordeal of Nylea for a instant activation and set myself up for an Elite Scaleguard on the next turn.
I could always put it in the maybeboard though.
1 week ago
Another good card vs red is Ordeal of Heliod. The life gain can help you outlast reds initial rush.
1 week ago
Okay so you're probably not gonna like my suggestion lol but I hopefully you will. I think you are doing the right thing by going with Become Immense. I think it's amazing in the heroic deck especially. I would, however, drop the blue altogether. Both red and green splashes are awesome and you would make the deck more consistent if you went W/r/g. You could replace the Thassa for Ordeal of Heliod. The counters could be replaced with something like Titan's Strength, 2 more Center Soul, Valorous Stance, Feat of Resistance, or even maybe 1 Center Soul and 1 more Become Immense. Just a thought, 3 colors is always easier to run and more consistent than 4. At the very least, it's a little faster considering that's 4 less tap-lands.
1 week ago
Heyyyy! I'm working with the same thing. Naya dragons build. If you want, you can check out mine. +1'd yours.
The biggest red-flags in your deck are Chained to the Rocks as well as having 22 lands. The mana base is already a pain. Don't make it harder on yourself. Run the standard 24 man. Honestly, I'd keep it close to what you have just add 2x Mana Confluence.
I think Soulfire Grand Master is pretty much dead in this build. I've tried it a few times (even with Crater's Claws, Draconic Roars, and Roasts) and I really feel the extra ramp of Rattleclaw Mystic or Fleecemane Lion is a better choice at the 2-drop creature slot.
For control decks, I think the best thing to do is add more Dragonlord Dromoka (he is also great against RDW as is any lifegain) as well as Mistcutter Hydra and possibly even a Surrak Dragonclaw (if you decide to run Rattleclaw Mystics and Mana Confluence. These three creatures help you beat control players over the head pretty hard. The best instant for us? Display of Dominance. Some more long game card advantage is nice too like Outpost Siege on Khans.
For RDW opponents, our best cards are the aforementioned Dragonlord Dromoka, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Courser of Kruphix, and what I think the all-star is here, Feed the Clan. Hell, you could even go for Ordeal of Heliod. You just need some source of lifelink, static life gain, and/or a spike of life through an instant.
1 week ago
Yes Green offers a lot, Trample, Better Card Draw (Than just white anyway) , and a little Mana Ramp.
Ordeal of Heliod is Best targeted on Heroic Creatures like the Fabled Hoplite and Phalanx Leader Just because You get 1/1 counters right away can possibly get the sac benefit on the same turn that it hits the creature.
For example, If you're T1 play is Hoplite, You can play Ordeal on T2, Swing 3/4 Hoplite. T3 play hardend scales. Swing your hoplite as 5/6, and you still got 2 mana open, and you either just gained 10 life from Ordeal of Heliod or put 2 basic lands from Ordeal of Nylea Effectivly giving you up to 6 available mana on your T4 play..
That deck i put together is really nothing special, Im no master deckbuilder, Ive yet to even win at FNM. A build like this would give you a lot better chance at winning a few games/matches at least.
Most of those cards will be out of standard before the end of the year so. Really, if its a high cost, dont waste your cash. Although the most expensive thing is the fetchlands, and those will be forever good in all other formats. and the scrylands will be at least useful as a 1 of in 2 color EDH.
|Avg. draft pick||1.69|
|Avg. cube pick||1.36|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Centaur Battlemaster + Ordeal of Heliod + Voracious Wurm
- Favored Hoplite + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Phalanx Leader
- Devour Flesh + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Ordeal of Heliod + Sanguine Bond
- Archangel of Thune + Ordeal of Heliod
- Hopeful Eidolon + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Dawnbringer Charioteers + Ordeal of Heliod
- Cradle of Vitality + Invisible Stalker + Ordeal of Heliod
- Aqueous Form + Daxos of Meletis + Ordeal of Heliod
- Aqueous Form + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Triton Shorestalker
- Ordeal of Heliod + Skyspear Cavalry
- Ajani's Pridemate + Ordeal of Heliod
- Nyx-Fleece Ram + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Setessan Battle Priest
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Voracious Wurm
- Hardened Scales + Hero of Iroas + Ordeal of Heliod
- Nomad Mythmaker + Ordeal of Heliod + Sanguine Bond
- Ordeal of Heliod + Satyr Hoplite
- Nyx-Fleece Ram + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Fabled Hero + Ordeal of Heliod + Preeminent Captain
- Ajani's Pridemate + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond + Wall of Reverence
- Hero of Iroas + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Ordeal of Heliod
- Nomad Mythmaker + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Plea for Guidance + Sunbond
- Fabled Hero + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Hero of Iroas + Ordeal of Heliod + Phalanx Leader
- Ageless Entity + Ordeal of Heliod + Unflinching Courage
- Dauntless Onslaught + Ordeal of Heliod
- Hardened Scales + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Vizkopa Guildmage
- AEther Figment + Ordeal of Heliod
- Chastise + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Ordeal of Purphoros + Ordeal of Thassa
- Favored Hoplite + Ordeal of Heliod + Ordeal of Thassa
- Gift of Immortality + Ordeal of Heliod + Silent Sentinel