Ordeal of Heliod
Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Then if it has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice Ordeal of Heliod.
When you sacrifice Ordeal of Heliod, you gain 10 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.15 TIX||0.4 TIX|
|Have (23)||Kaveth , Nines19 , nakayama , 8vomit , Wicuber , Timocalypse , Gameover209X , McBobson , Excrempus , JonahHall420 , ricadam , lucyfarrell , osirisbray , wtrob , Fatred , magnetofqwert , aridic , Vox_ , HavokX , UngratefulNinja , Icarus79 , SmarmyDog , saj0219|
Ordeal of Heliod Discussion
11 hours ago
@square711 I thought about Ranger's Guile, but I think I need to play test whether or not I need it against most decks. I will probably sideboard it for use against heavy control decks.
Tuskguard Captain and it's lifelink counterpart were two creatures that I considered, but I'm not so sure I need it in every matchup. Again, it's something that I will probably sideboard against token decks.
Crackling Doom does give me trouble, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Or splash blue for counterspells.
Ordeal of Nylea is pretty central to my strategy so I'm not too keen on taking it out. I need it to grab Forests to fuel Daghatar the Adamant's ability, and I can't fetch dual lands with it. Ordeal of Heliod is something I'd be willing to talk about replacing, and probably the first thing to go when I'm sideboarding things out.
@ATREYUty I'm not really understanding the Godsend suggestions aside from it being a good card in general.
Boon Satyr is a good suggestion, but too expensive to bestow I think. Same goes for the rest of the enchantment creatures. If I was running a deck specifically for enchantments I could make it work, but I don't think going half heroic/half constellation is the way to go.
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes is a card I want, but I'm not sure if I want to shell out the cash for him. I will probably end up getting one though.
As for Daghatar, you're right he might not be the best fit, but I do at least want to try him because I really like his ability.
16 hours ago
I'll check out your deck.
1 day ago
I don't think a red splash would do any good. You could go after a mono-white heroic build with the defiant strikes. Add cards like Favored Hoplite, Hero of Iroas, and Ordeal of Heliod. I took that kind of build to Game day Tarkir and placed 5th
1 day ago
You should run some Ranger's Guile for added protection (or even better, Valorous Stance), and Tuskguard Captain for trample. If your entire strategy revolves around buffing a creature and kicking the opponent in the nuts with it, you gotta make sure NOTHING will get in its way, be it removal or chump blocking (Crackling Doom will still screw you up, though). To make room for those cards, I suggest you take out Ordeal of Nylea and add some dual lands (Temple of Plenty, Blossoming Sands or, if money isn't an issue, Mana Confluence), because you're not running any overly expensive creatures, so the mana fixing the Ordeal provides isn't really necessary.
1 day ago
Hey, great deck! I got some inspiration from your deck when building my W/U deck, particularly by adding Shu Yun. There's gotta be some conspiracy behind why Yun rhymes with fun, because that's what he makes my deck, though I'm not sure my opponents can say the same.
I really like Tethmos High Priest, personally, since he can very often reanimate your creatures just by doing exactly what you were planning on doing with your deck anyways and can get you out of some tight spots as well. I think he'd be a lot more helpful than the Ordeal of Heliods, though those Ordeals can help quite a bit against burn so your mileage may vary.
1 day ago
I play Sunbond and Mortal's Ardor in my U/W Heroic for similar effect. Sadly I don't have Ordeal of Heliod yet, but that's what I was thinking of when seeing Sunbond the first time.Didn't think anyone else would get the same idea since people at my LGS just looked at me in confusion when I revealed a Sunbond with Heliod's Pilgrim. Hahaha
2 days ago
I like the idea, but for me it seems a waste to play 2-mana creatures for the manifest cost plus the turn up cost, when they're not doing something additional when they're turned up. Maybe putting Ajani Steadfast or Elspeth, Sun's Champion (or both) could strengthen it up more, for their pumping effects.
|Avg. draft pick||1.68|
|Avg. cube pick||1.36|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Centaur Battlemaster + Ordeal of Heliod + Voracious Wurm
- Favored Hoplite + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Phalanx Leader
- Devour Flesh + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Ordeal of Heliod + Sanguine Bond
- Archangel of Thune + Ordeal of Heliod
- Hopeful Eidolon + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Dawnbringer Charioteers + Ordeal of Heliod
- Cradle of Vitality + Invisible Stalker + Ordeal of Heliod
- Aqueous Form + Daxos of Meletis + Ordeal of Heliod
- Aqueous Form + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Triton Shorestalker
- Ordeal of Heliod + Skyspear Cavalry
- Ajani's Pridemate + Ordeal of Heliod
- Nyx-Fleece Ram + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Setessan Battle Priest
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Voracious Wurm
- Hardened Scales + Hero of Iroas + Ordeal of Heliod
- Nomad Mythmaker + Ordeal of Heliod + Sanguine Bond
- Ordeal of Heliod + Satyr Hoplite
- Nyx-Fleece Ram + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Fabled Hero + Ordeal of Heliod + Preeminent Captain
- Ajani's Pridemate + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond + Wall of Reverence
- Hero of Iroas + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Ordeal of Heliod
- Nomad Mythmaker + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Plea for Guidance + Sunbond
- Fabled Hero + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Hero of Iroas + Ordeal of Heliod + Phalanx Leader
- Ageless Entity + Ordeal of Heliod + Unflinching Courage
- Dauntless Onslaught + Ordeal of Heliod
- Hardened Scales + Ordeal of Heliod
- Ordeal of Heliod + Vizkopa Guildmage
- AEther Figment + Ordeal of Heliod