|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Djinn Monk
Megamorph (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up at any time for its megamorph cost and put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
When Stratus Dancer is turned face up, counter target instant or sorcery spell.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||YossarianLives , Nemesis , Snydog17 , Grantley91 , ironax , sneferie , angesoir , , chrishuffman95 , marcus638 , bpiser95 , Myllyes314 , twistedmage , philktoken8998 , bakeraj4 , Pumpkinking913 , rakdos24 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Regulus1010 , acbooster|
|Want (13)||kovellen , Gryffix , AlphaSp , GarethGrey , marsp44 , Herbysmoke , Elphane , AlphaTDog , golgariizzet , yerfdog1935 , Ntothemana , Blindoromo , oswrick|
Stratus Dancer Discussion
Last_Laugh on animar
3 weeks ago
Again, I'd cut most of your non-creature spells. Most all of these effects can be replaced with creature versions.
I.e. counterspells can be Draining Whelk, Glen Elendra Archmage, and Stratus Dancer. Ramp/mana fixing can be any number of mana dorks like Utopia Tree, Bloom Tender, Manaweft Sliver, etc. and I'd 100% make room for Beastcaller Savant, Sakura-Tribe Elder, and Vizier of the Menagerie. Removal can be Duplicant or either Ulamog. Card draw can be Prime Speaker Zegana, Tishana, Voice of Thunder, Garruk's Packleader, and/or the only non-creature I'm suggesting, Glimpse of Nature. Graveyard recursion can be Eternal Witness and Den Protector.
2 months ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
2 months ago
3 months ago
I like it. I have an Omnath, Locus of Mana deck myself that uses almost all permanents. My only non permanent was primal surge, as well, but it didn't work very well. I could cast it pretty consistantly by turn 3 or 4, but because i didnt have very much haste, i would deck myself out the next turn. I would recommend at least 2 or 3 other instant/sorcery just so you dont end up decking yourself out. But i love the premise. There are great permanent counterparts to almost all instant/sorcery. For counterspells, i would recommend Brine Shaman, Cursecatcher, Stratus Dancer, etc.
3 months ago
Possible Enlightened Ascetic for flavor in side if you see a lot of enchentments.
I really like Stratus Dancer in something like this too. its not really expected. Maybe in side vs slower decks. It's a good monk control card
Jeskai Infiltrator Just looks fun
4 months ago
I also recently made a Primal Surge deck (with a different commander but the principal is the same). Since you don't have instant or sorceries you might want to consider morph spells like Willbender or Stratus Dancer.
Since you're in black, Shriekmaw would serve you well here
Here is my deck for reference (/shameless self promotion):
Commander / EDH*
31 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
4 months ago
How's the deck been going? I'm only noticing one problem, 15/46 of your creatures cost 6+ mana. This can cause some clunky early games when you're looking for those first few counters on Animar. This is almost 1/3 of your creatures and even in Animar it should be closer to 1/5.
I'd suggest finding room for some of the following by cutting some higher cost creatutes, Spellskite, Gilded Drake, Rattleclaw Mystic, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Stratus Dancer, Somberwald Sage, Beastcaller Savant, Sylvan Caryatid, and I'm also partial to Thassa, God of the Sea here for draw filtering and alpha strikes.
5 months ago
Feels only natural to include The Gitrog Monster, you already have half of the Gitrog deck.
Wharf Infiltrator another card that fits the theme nicely.
Is not yet out, but Muldrotha, the Gravetide (from Dominaria), will be a nice inclusionwhen it's finally released.
Undertaker for more tokens and recursion.
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Thunderfoot Baloth, Beastmaster Ascension, Curse of Predation to pump all your guys.
More card draw! always need more card draw! Skullmulcher, Driven / Despair, Deathreap Ritual, Vampiric Rites, Shamanic Revelation... Some counterspells on the low cost, low color requirements side would also be handy Disdainful Stroke, Siren Stormtamer, Stratus Dancer, Swan Song maybe Stubborn Denial.