|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Devil's Play deals X damage to target creature or player.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||Dr.Jackel , ZombieFood , switchkill65 , Dr_Jay , sonnet666 , mziter501 , philktoken8998 , Va1mar , shinobigarth , thetechzombie , CampbellStev , PTsmitty , acbooster , ironax , pskinn01 , Swamy , golgarigirl , rakdos24 , The_Munchkin , NobleSlay3r , twistedmage , Ashy|
Devil's Play Discussion
2 days ago
I always forget Vedalken Orrery is a card. Flash does make this deck more potent, but I need to test to see if the redundancy is worth the slot.
As for Regrowth, this card is actually perfect for what I need it for. I almost never want to grab more than one thing from my grave and I generally just grab the second best (which is usually ramp or a counter) with the copy, or don't even copy it at all. This deck is meant to roll with the punches. "Oh damn, you stopped the Palinchron combo. Guess I'll just have to find another way to win." The graveyard doesn't really matter in this deck. It's basically another exile until I get Regrowth/Eternal Witness or am trying to hide that I have Devil's Play in there. It also helps a lot with piloting because you can set up 2 (or 3 if you're lucky) game ending combos in one turn. Nobody has that many counters..
Sad robot should really be in the deck. I always look at it and say "hey, this needs to be in Riku" then flip the page. I really do need to find a slot for it. And for Coalition Relic I'd probably play Chrome Mox over it. It's a Phenomenal ramp card and I do think it deserves testing. It also doesn't exile a card out of my hand.
Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep em coming, I love having to re-evaluate why I do play certain cards and have things to test out.
3 weeks ago
OK, here's another quick run through. Consider the following changes:
These cards aren't that good, but I do see why they are in the deck. Except Spellbook, that needs to come out right now. Skeletal Scrying - do I need to exile my graveyard?, I would rather have some way to get them back via a reanimate effect or a shuffle effect. The card draw is nice, but there are better options. Final Reward - Five mana to exile one creature. Just doesn't seem as efficient as this deck wants to be. Spellbook - This is crap. Just take it out. Outpost Siege - Once again, there are better options.
These cards are kinda good, kinda bad, not sure if they should stay or go. Ambition's Cost - I don't mind trading life for card draw, but is this a keeper or should it get swapped for something else. Ashes to Ashes - This card is a great two-for-one but the five life might be a problem in some games. Disrupt Decorum - really not sure about this one. With a couple of other changes, this one might stay in. I like the tokens but it is a worthless draw after a Wrath of God. I know Baron Sengir and Irini Sengir are 'classic' Magic vampires, but they really aren't that good. I think they were just thrown in to the precon for flavor.
Here's the cards I think you should find as soon as possible. Blood Artist, Blood Seeker, Bloodline Keeper Flip (kinda expensive), Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, Cliffhaven Vampire, Kalastria Highborn, Markov Blademaster, Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle, Soul Collector, Vein Drinker, Viscera Seer are all good creatures. Vampiric Fury and Urge to Feed look like useful pump spells. Stensia Banquet and Stensia Masquerade also look pretty good. Anguished Unmaking looks like a good replacement for Final Reward. Yes there is a 3 point life loss, but it hits more targets. Oh, and let's not forget the almost mandatory Elixir of Immortality. Loxodon Warhammer or a Basilisk Collar would be great ways to get some life back. Devil's Play could be useful. Oversold Cemetery and Grave Pact are really useful and fit the theme. I know Geth, Lord of the Vault isn't a vampire, but the reanimation effect is nice.
1 month ago
IF You really want to make Burn viable i9n EDH, there are two options.
First is going into Storm, but I don't really like it, and I won't really be able to help you here.
Other option is goin for big X spells. This is what I like and what I know well. Banefire, Devil's Play, Fault Line, Titan's Revenge, Rolling Earthquake. But hey, You need mana for that. You already have Mizzix of the Izmagnus that lower their costs. Another must have is Mana Geyser and Mana Seism imo. Both gives You so much quick mana in mid-late game that it lets you to burn everyone. Another cards are all kinds of copy spells like Fork, Reverberate and Reiterate. Double burn? Nice. Now damage doublers which are Fire Servant, Furnace of Rath and Dictate of the Twin Gods.
There are more viable cards to write down, it will be simpler for you to check my Ignite your Planeswalker spark.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I'm currently looking for upgrades for the Wizards precon deck, so this might help you.
- Panharmonicon only works if you have Inalla, Archmage Ritualist in battlefield, so it might provide only limited use.
- Mirror Gallery makes some of the precon legendary wizards playable, so you might want to look into that.
- Fatespinner might be an useful cheap wizard, though it doesn't provide any utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist, but it can be used for other wizard triggers.
- Dualcaster Mage Is pretty good card, which allows you to make 2 copies of an instant/sorcerry.
- Ashnod's Altar and Bloodline Necromancer makes infinite mana combo, so you might want to look into some good mana syncs, like Devil's Play.
- Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation are pretty good, since it makes all your wizards instant speed and allows you to use bounce utility as counters.
- Cyclonic Rift and Vandalblast are some good board clear cards.
- Disciple of Bolas gives good utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist.
- Rite of Replication gives good utility with all ETB cards.
- Faerie Harbinger allows you to fish out Puppeteer Clique and Inspired Sprite, even better if you get Mistbind Clique.
- Trophy Mage allows you to fish out two artifacts, which might help you with mana fixing.
- Pit Keeper can give you 2 creatures from your graveyard.
- Aven Fogbringer can help you fight with players that have good ramp.
- Vedalken AEthermage worth it just for the wizardcycling.
- Gem of Becoming is always good choice for grixis deck.
2 months ago
Ok... In my opinion you have to put inside more things which let you draw cards, because neheb could makes a lot of mana but, a lots of mana without cards to play is a little bit sad.