Decree of Savagery
Put four +1/+1 counters on each creature you control.
Cycling (, discard this card: Draw a card.)
When you cycle this, you may put four +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Decree of Savagery Discussion
2 months ago
Hey, there's not much to say yet as this is just a list of cards you want to play, nice Swordtooth. Most of what you have so far on the low budget is good, but Decree of Savagery is not playable and Sun-Crested Pterodon, Elfhame Palace, Stone Quarry are really lackluster.
Do you own Gishath? I don't see him here, but I do see Atla. If you don't own Gishath then he's really not worth getting for $20 if you're on such a low budget. Atla is a fine Commander for Dinos and you have her. For $20 you could get many budget cards that are good with Atla rather than just Gishath.
Atla and Gishath will play very differently. Gishath is more straight forward, ramp and Dinos. Atla is more complex since you want ramp, sac outlets for Eggs and Dinos. Marauding Raptor is a combo Dino with Atla to kill an Egg right when it ETB. It also triggers enrage when a Dino ETB.
Some budget Dinos to consider adding:
- Marauding Raptor
- Quartzwood Crasher
- Apex Altisaur
- Ripjaw Raptor
- Thrasta, Tempest's Roar
- The Tarrasque
- Runic Armasaur
- Thrashing Brontodon
- Ranging Raptors
Some budget cards that have good interactions with Atla and/or Dinos or are ramp:
- Mirror Entity: is a Dino, is an Egg, can turn all creatures you control into Eggs, is a sac outlet.
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw when Dinos ETB and give all Dinos trample.
- Goblin Bombardment: sac outlet for Eggs and each Egg that's saced can do 1 damage to another Egg to kill it too.
- Swiftfoot Boots: haste and hexproof protection for Atla.
- Arcane Signet: staple budget mana rock.
- Fellwar Stone
- Fertile Ground
- Wild Growth
- Farseek with Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista and Alpine Meadow.
- Forerunner of the Empire: puts the Dino on the top of your library to then sac an Egg. It can also kill Eggs.
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker: puts the Dino with trample on the top of your library to then sac an Egg.
- High Market: sac outlet.
- Tyrite Sanctum: repeatable to make Atla bigger with +1/+1 counters and then give her indestructible.
- Fanatical Devotion: sac outlet and protection from most removal.
- Court of Bounty: can cheat a Dino from your hand onto the battlefield as well as be repeatable draw at your end step.
- Battlemage's Bracers: haste and double the Egg trigger of Atla.
- Fires of Yavimaya: haste enabler for all creatures you control including tokens.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry
- Jungle Shrine
- Opal Palace: cast Atla with it to give her one or more +1/+1 counter.
- Unclaimed Territory
- High Market
- Tyrite Sanctum
- Battlefield Forge
- Cinder Glade
- Canopy Vista
- Alpine Meadow
- Game Trail
- Fortified Village
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
You know what sounds really good. Instants.
1 year ago
MagicMarc thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I’m getting closer to a final version now. I decided to scale back on Finale of Promise + Shaman's Trance and only include a Decree of Pain and a Decree of Savagery so I’ll have two good targets in my own grave, plus anything good in the opponents. On top of that, Mindclaw Shaman is added value.
2 years ago
Inspiring Call is also a must for this deck - dodges a wrath, and gives card draw.
other kick-knack spells to consider: Abzan Charm , Bant Charm , Bioshift , Dromar's Charm , Jund Charm , Steady Progress , Temper , Test of Faith , Trap Essence , Unbreakable Formation , Contentious Plan , Volt Charge
2 years ago
Forgot to say Decree of Savagery seems kinda underwhelming it's a hit for the countertheme but that hefty manacost is really limiting the usefullness and just helps when you already have a board full of creatures,which seems like winmore.
2 years ago
3 years ago
The problem with Decree of Savagery is that there will be so many tokens with +1/+1 counters on them in the dec so it will take ages to play just one round, but otheroice a greate card.
3 years ago
You are missing Decree of Savagery in this deck, think you might have a good use for that card :D