Lead the Stampede
Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal any number of creature cards from among them and put the revealed cards into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
|Want (3)||frumpmastaflash , mplsgetscold , peppington|
Printings View all
|Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths (IKO)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||None|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Lead the Stampede Discussion
6 days ago
I too think that 8 drain dudes are too much: in my opinion you'll be good with just the 4 of Marauding Blight-Priest. You could add green to take advantage of Essence Warden and the mana dorks like Avacyn's Pilgrim, Loam Dryad and Saruli Caretaker: they could help swarm the board and ping the opponent faster (or just attack with a huge army of 1/1s lol). Green also gives you acces to card draw like Winding Way and Lead the Stampede. Some time ago youtuber CalebGannon made an Abzan Soul Sister list with this strategy: you could check his video to take some inspiration. Happy brewing! :)
2 weeks ago
Scallywallwest the tokens Young Pyromancer generates enter the battle field as a state based effect, and since they are elementals, they trigger Risen Reef so cards with adventure generate more value because you not only get free 1/1s but if reef is out you get a trigger, so Bonecrusher Giants 2cmc shock which isnt the greatest, turns into a cantrip with a free 1/1, Young Pyromancer also makes cards like Lead the Stampede and other gas cards better, plus he is a 2/1 so get in for chip damage, or block.
2 weeks ago
Wow what a cool looking Primer. Solid deck, you did an absolutely great job! I'm a big Elf tribal fan, because Elves where my first deck ever.
Cool cards that I personally enjoyed playing:
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate = best green planeswalker atm! Cut Yeva and a Forest for Vivien and one/two of the following lands:
- Emergence Zone / Winding Canyons = instead of some Forests
- Sylvan Messenger / Collected Company / Lead the Stampede = much needed carddraw
- Survival of the Fittest / Birthing Pod / Yisan, the Wanderer Bard = best green Tutor-engines
- Ohran Frostfang / Runic Armasaur = really solid carddraw (/Rishkar's Expertise / Return of the Wildspeaker)
- Bane of Progress / Lignify / Song of the Dryads = very good green removal
- Isolated Watchtower / Terrain Generator / Path of Ancestry = cool lands you should consider instead of forests
- Aether Vial + enough draw can snowball really fast
- Cloudstone Curio = an insane combo piece/enabler, especially with: Aluren or Concordant Crossroads
This deck looks already pretty strong, if you want to play on a cEDH table, you just should do some small adjustments:
- Allosaurus Shepherd / Destiny Spinner = instead of the Herald
- Null Rod + Collector Ouphe!!
- Mana Crypt!!
- Chrome Mox / Mox Diamond
- Gemstone Caverns / Ancient Tomb
- Damping Sphere / Thorn of Amethyst = to stop storm decks and slow down other decks
- Sylvan Scrying = to tutor for Cradle or Cavern
- Carpet of Flowers/Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl
I played elves in almost every format and cool combo from modern was: Cloudstone Curio + Heritage Druid + Nettle Sentinel = infinite mana or with something like Elvish Visionary or Beast Whisperer you can also draw your entire deck if you want
3 weeks ago
Sorted by CMC
Accomplished Automaton is about 2/3 of the way down
This is gorgeous.
Having played decks like this before I'd like to suggest:
- Citanul Woodreaders
- Bonder's Ornament
- Magnifying Glass
- Lead the Stampede definitely
- Winding Way probably
- Track Down maybe
- Woodcutter's Grit depending on how much your meta likes removal
Also maybe cut back on some of the fogs, I can't imagine folks profitably attacking into this. XD
3 weeks ago
Hi jdc ,
I'm very happy you took a look at the deck and the videos. There are a lot more games that really show what the deck can do. The deck can be very aggressive and still be able to grind against control decks.
I am a fan of Fume Spitter, but I am considering going to 3 copies and putting the 4th copy of Golgari Brownscale in the maindeck. Spitter is good but not in every matchup. Very good against Delver and Faeries, which is a deck I aim to beat, usually.
These videos were made before Winding Way was printed. Switching out from Lead the Stampede improves the deck's curve and also makes me feel comfortable going down to 21 lands, since the card is cheaper to cast and can also get lands.
The_Big_Elf on Elves
1 month ago
While the infect is a cool alternate win-con, it feels as though it is unnecessary most of the time, and would be lethal without poison counters. I would suggest replacing Glistener Elf and Triumph of the Hordes with more elf synergy cards, such as Elvish Clancaller, Heritage Druid, and Nettle Sentinel. I also feel that Harmonize could be replaced for one of those cards. Also, if your budget allows I'd replace Lead the Stampede with Collected Company. Chord of Calling would also be a nice edition, although I'm not sure what it would replace.
2 months ago
Beast Whisperer is definitely too slow, but The Great Henge as a one of could be great. Removal in green is hard, and you're not even playing enough big dumb things, so Charge of the Forever-Beast doesnt work, maybe Ram Through? Lead the Stampede could be better card advantage if you're thinning out the lands, but youre not after creatures so Bond it is.
2 months ago
Very cool list I play a similar list.
I can also highly recommend to add some of these cards:
- Strip Mine/Wasteland
- Scavenger Grounds/Bonders' Enclave
- Summoner's Pact !!!
- Pendelhaven/Castle Garenbrig
- Lead the Stampede, Voice of Many or Compost instead of Harmonize
- Rishkar's Expertise instead of Shamanic Revelation
- Return of the Wildspeaker (/Ezuri, Renegade Leader/Craterhoof Behemoth)
- Thousand-Year Elixir