|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie
When Skinrender enters the battlefield, put three -1/-1 counters on target creature.
4 days ago
2 months ago
Love the deck! I’ve been brewing something similar for ages now (deck’s called “Filth and Sickness” if you wanted to see). I have some thoughts here for consideration:
1) Blowfly Infestation , is a trap. Yes, it makes an infinite combo really easy. But if you can’t stop that infinite combo, all you’ve done is force a draw, because the game can’t continue. I’d drop it entirely, as it’s more effort than its worth.
2) run 4 Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons . Her along with Nest are your wincons, so you need to make sure you draw them early.
3) Carnifex Demon is cute, but waay too much cmc. I’d suggest the amount of mana dorks you’re running are not worth it to support him.
4) Fume Spitter is our best 1-drop so try to run the full playset. Conversely, the glistening-boy is not very useful unless you’re planning to win through infect (which you’re not).
5) as far as you’re other creatures go, consider the following: Necroskitter , Plague Belcher , Ammit Eternal , Skinrender , and Dusk Urchins . All are pretty cheap to buy, and will work better than your mana dorks, glistener, quillspike.
6) if you have enough $$$, Black Sun's Zenith is just too fun and auto-winning not to play
Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck spreading the -1 counter plague :)
2 months ago
Adds to Consider that aren't too pricey - Karn's Bastion - Contagion Clasp - Carnifex Demon - Grim Affliction - Skinrender - Incremental Blight - Banewhip Punisher - Splendid Agony - Ammit Eternal - Soulstinger - Lockjaw Snapper - Core Prowler - Murder - The Eldest Reborn - Spread the Sickness - Read the Bones - Whispersilk Cloak - Cauldron of Souls - Arguel's Blood Fast Flip
moderately spendy but relevant Liliana, Death Wielder
I'm not sure what the mana dorks are for exactly so maybe consider replacing them?
4 months ago
5 months ago
Sidisi, Undead Vizier - self sac to tutor
Soulstinger - Self-sac fodder, puts -1/-1 counters on opponent/target creatures
Skinrender - Self-sac fodder, also puts -1/-1 counters on opponent/target creatures
Puppeteer Clique - Two free reanimation
Phyrexian Ghoul - Self-sac to pump up
Merciless Executioner - Forced board sac, your own creatures return sue to Mikeaus
Leaden Myr - 2-drop black mana dork
Grim Haruspex - Although it's a human, it provides card draw
Fallen Angel - Sac-fodder to pump out, also has flying
Falkenrath Noble - Nice passive ability with flying, also provides 1 life anytime a creature dies, including itself
11 months ago
Please link cards using double square brackets so it's easier to understand the question.
+1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters cancel each other out.
121.3. If a permanent has both a +1/+1 counter and a -1/-1 counter on it, N +1/+1 and N -1/-1 counters are removed from it as a state-based action, where N is the smaller of the number of +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters on it. See rule 704.
So Skinrender would put three -1/-1 counters on the targeted undying creature. Then as soon as someone would receive priority, state-based actions are checked, and one of each counter type would be removed, leaving two -1/-1 counters. If the three -1/-1 counters reduced the creature's toughness to 0 or less, it would also be put into the graveyard at this point, as all state-based actions are performed simultaneously, so make sure to do this to a tough enough creature.
For an example of how to link cards in the future, it looks like this:
11 months ago
Odysseus_97: It’s definitely not a BAD card and I’ve considered adding it here. But I generally... don’t want my removal at 5 mana? I play in a meta where my removal has to defuse early combo, whereas Windgrace's Judgment is more of a tempo/value piece.
Pabs4444: Honestly I don’t generally have TOO much trouble with mana here (my curve is low), though I’ve been considering going up to 33 land. I also generally don’t have a huge problem with Harbinger of Night: by the time it kills my commander it’s generally done it’s job. Still, it’s one of the weaker things in here, and I’d definitely cut it if there weren’t so few global -1 placement effects :/
(And Skinrender, at best, kills one thing and gives me one snake. Not overly a fan.)
11 months ago
Have any trouble with mana? Only 32 lands seems extremely low, especially when getting out your commander T2 is crucial to the deck. Also, Harbinger of Night seems counterintuitive as it will end up killing Hapatra. Maybe Skinrender could go somewhere in the deck?
Skinrender occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%