Creature — Human Wizard
Creatures you control with flying have "Spells your opponents cast that target this creature cost 2]] more to cast."
Printings View all
|Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths (IKO)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Jubilant Skybonder Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, looks like you opened an Ikoria booster box and got some nice rares/mythics. I'm jealous of the alt art/foil Raugrin Triome :)
I'm confused about your deck. The entire deck is all Ikoria cards except 1x Temple of Enlightenment which is in Theros Return. The Temple tells me that you can play other Standard legal cards in the format you're playing. Can you play other Standard legal cards? There's other legal sets besides Ikoria in Standard.
Budget cards from Ikoria to consider adding:
- Pollywog Symbiote: reducing the mana cost of mutate and draw/discard a card is very good value with Vadrok for a two drop.
- Cathartic Reunion: discard cards for Vadrok and then draw cards.
- Sea-Dasher Octopus: flash makes this one of the better mutate creatures since can mutate at instant speed for two mana.
- Snapdax, Apex of the Hunt: can cast it for it's mutate cost without needing black mana and double strike is good with flying.
- Jubilant Skybonder: three drop 2/2 flying creature who makes it harder to kill Vadrok/mutated creature since it will have flying.
These are just cards from Ikoria. There's many budget cards that could be good with Vadrok in other Standard legal sets. Would you like me to suggest them?
1 month ago
I highly reccomend Judge's Familiar and Mausoleum Wanderer for lists like these. Protection on a flying body is real good. The new Skycat Sovereign lets you play another 4 pride of the clouds. Stormchaser Mage and Sprite Dragon will help if you lean into the instants/sorceries route, while Jubilant Skybonder offers protection.