|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Shaman
Spells and abilities your opponents control can't cause you to sacrifice permanents.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Tajuru Preserver Discussion
3 days ago
1 week ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
- Nullmage Shepherd: I didn't know this card but I like it. I don't have this card, but I am definitely giong to look out for it
- Tajuru Preserver: Sacrifice does not happen very often in my playing group and it doesn't hurt me that much. I will keep this card in mind for now.-Eladamri, Lord of Leaves: It takes my regenerate ability away but gives them cheap protection against target removal and forestwalk. This is a card that will certainly give me a boost.
- Fierce Empath: Why didn't I think about this myself?
- Lys Alana Huntmaster: I have already tried this card but in my opinion it was a little too slow. But of course this was when my deck was still casual. Maybe I'll give it another chance...
- I was perhaps a bit too busy with my own gameplan that I forgot these green staple removals, I'll find a place for these cards.
I will update my deck soon!
2 weeks ago
I don't run into much Counterspell in my playgroup, so maybe I'm just off the mark but I do run into a lot of creature removal - typically in the form of spot removal and wrath effects. So my suggestion is to add 1-4xHeroic Intervention to the mainboard and move 1x4xProwling Serpopard to the sideboard. I also don't always need enchantment/artifact removal so I suggest moving Leonin Relic-Warder to the sideboard as well, or even cutting it as you're already running a full set of Qasali Pridemage. Perhaps consider 2xFertile Ground in its place to speed up your ability to hit Monstrosity with your Lions. 1xRogue's Passage might worth considering as an added threat with said Lions, especially if you're getting Exalted pumps.
Other sideboard suggestings: Immortal Servitude - since you've got so many creatures that share low CMC's this could be really powerful against decks with wrath effects. Celestial Flare - it gets around Hexproof and Indestructible, so whatever Path doesn't hit, the Flare will. Tajuru Preserver - I know it's not a Cat, but against black/white decks running sacrifice spells, it's a real hoot. Something to deal with Flying creatures might be a good idea for the sideboard as well, though I suppose you do have a full set of Path and might just count on that removal and aggro speed to race to a win. Pithing Needle, Elixir of Immortality, and Ratchet Bomb are usually worth considering in any sideboard, too, even if only as singletons. 1-2xGhost Quarter seems worth mentioning as well as an anti-Tron measure.
Overall, I think this deck looks fun and decently well thought out, so +1 to you. I hope some of this has been helpful.
2 weeks ago
Looks like you've made a good start with this deck. It is however rather weak in its reactionary power. It is currently also not capable of dealing with enemy artifacts or enchantments. Therefore, I would propose the following:
- Nullmage Shepherd: this seems like a nice, repeatable way to deal with enemy artifacts/enchantments in a creature-heavy deck like yours.
- Tajuru Preserver: makes it impossible for your opponents to force you to sac your stuff. Seems rather valuable these days.
- Eladamri, Lord of Leaves: giving all your elves shroud seems like a good start to keep them safe.
- Fierce Empath: a great (additional) tutor for Craterhoof Behemoth or Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre.
- Lys Alana Huntmaster: create an extra Elf for every Elf you cast.
- Natural State/Nature's Claim/Naturalize/Tribute to the Wild: some artifact/enchantment removal.
- Lignify/Song of the Dryads: perfect way to get rid of indestructible permanents.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary: nice way to give you some extra draw. The green mana required for that shouldn't be a problem in this deck.
Hope this helps your deck. Have fun playing.
2 weeks ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
3 weeks ago
Oh I see! Makes sense. How about Tajuru Preserver. Seems like a lot of the time it is useless for the slot it takes up. Also running a Llanowar Elves would be good too because those one mana dorks are too good.
3 weeks ago
Good deck. Your average CMC is nice and low; almost guaranteed success. The only things that can stop you are forced sacrifice, mass kill/exile OR cards that can disable Uril's hexproof (like Arcane Lighthouse or Archetype of Endurance).
Unless you're playing blue, there's not much you can do about mass-kill/exile.There are cheap ways to deal with the Lighthouse though, like Ghost Quarter and Strip Mine (you already have other spot removal to deal with Archtype). I'd probably add Tajuru Preserver to counter forced sacrifice (I would love to also recommend Sigarda, Host of Herons but you might find that too card too expensive to cast).
1 month ago
Hi! I have some experience with a voltron deck so hopefully I can help you out!
Like the ramp in the form of Auras/enchantments. Extra combats are nice too! Glad you have Chandra's Ignition in here!
I won't suggest anything to help buff him, because usually that's not the problem. But be aware there are other options out there :)
Faith's Reward might be a good thing to hang on to if you can't draw the protection you need. After a boardwipe you get all your stuff back.
Chromatic Lantern is beneficial even with the optimized mana base.
Was going to suggest some cuts put it all looks pretty good, so that's up to you, the person who plays it! Good luck!