|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Borrowing the East Wind
Borrowing the East Wind deals X damage to each creature with horsemanship and each player.
Borrowing the East Wind Discussion
3 months ago
Whitehamma, sorry for the wait. I've had a little bit of time to mull over additional feedback.
Also, weird tangential thought but your name makes me think of this clip Black Hammer & White Lightning from Major League II. I highly doubt your name is a reference to an obscure early 90's sports comedy...eh my age is probably showing lol.
Without the deck primer, what would you swap? - Whitehamma
Okay, feedback. First, lets start with what you're missing, and how we can compensate - You have little Draw and interaction in the deck. As previously mentioned, the following are must haves:
- Beast Within - this is mandatory, you arguing. It shuts down other players when they're trying to combo out and assume you having nothing because you're mono green and have mana left open.
- Krosan Grip - excellent removal for those pesky Aetherflux Reservoir s, Paradox Engine s and other combo enablers.
- Desert Twister - Expensive CMC wise, but it seems to fit the Vorthos mindset you have going on here. Seems like a nice flavorful Wurm-y spell.
- Borrowing the East Wind - Exotic, and definitely in the realm of "nobody would expect this" - but monetarily it's pricey like Sylvan Library. Worth mentioning as you could just wtf bash a whole table in if you have a slight life lead.
- Drop of Honey - Exotic as well and also very unexpected for monogreen. If you happen to have one, i'd say it'd be a fun include...as the majority of your creatures are huge - but the monetary pricetag is ridiculous. thought i'd toss this one in just in case you happened to have been sitting on one, and didn't realize it. Ya never know.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon in monogreen for your deck. Worth the price (monetarily)
- Heroic Intervention - a good card to play when someone decides to wrath or a good response when an opponent gets cheeky when assigning blockers.
What to Remove?
Now that's a hard question. Mostly because 1. I don't know your meta, 2. I don't know your playstyle/preferences, 3. budget. I guess I can just toss some ideas of what I think doesn't really work...and well leave it at that.
- Temur Sabertooth - i'm not following the purpose of this card in this deck. Unless you're abusing ETB triggers. This would seem like diminishing returns though, as none of your creatures have a "ETB untap all lands you control" - i'd pursue a creature that would better interact with this, or just cut it.
- Seedborn Muse - playing magic on other people's turns if fun, but as far as i'm tracking you don't have more than one card that can really take advantage of all that open mana. Unless i'm missing something, these cards are a niche strategy that don't seem central to your deck's themes - i'd cut them both.
Those are my thoughts, let me know what I was completely wrong about, and what was thought provoking.
4 months ago
Working on a budget copy of this deck Forests^2 copy, where I remove Borrowing the East Wind Concordant Crossroads Mirri's Guile Misty Rainforest Oracle of Mul Daya Scroll Rack Sensei's Divining Top Sylvan Library Verdant Catacombs Wooded Foothills Windswept Heath .
Added four normal forests to replace the lands lost, so I also removed Realms Uncharted because I only have 5 different types of lands now, and might draw her after I've pulled a couple to my hand/field.
Any advice on what to add? I have some ideas for the 7 slots, but I figured it'd be a good idea to ask you as well.
EDIT: I'd probably be willing to splurge to get one of those $20-$40 if one of them is really good for the deck
1 year ago
Hello sir. I am in the process of creating a deck similar to yours and have been finding this list and your primer an amazing resource. :)
I have some questions about card choices.
- I was wondering how exactly the Genesis Wave wincon works?
- Why fetches?
- Why not play Snow-Covered Forest, Scrying Sheets
- Why no Glacial Chasm to combo with Hurricane and Borrowing the East Wind
- Did you try Hall of Gemstone to protect your win con?
This is my (VERY EARLY, WORK IN PROGRESS) list:
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
No data for this card yet.