Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.33||$0.57||$2.85||$2.14||0.02 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (38)||Dr_Plops , philktoken8998 , TheRedMage , EmblemMan , jecder , benjibot789 , TallGreg , AlucardZain , Grantley91 , sunsleader , deathcabbage7 , pskinn01 , x754 , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , ryuzaki32667 , Regulus1010 , Gavbot , nintendowryyy , mcstang1986 , lordoftheshadows , Kravian , kyuuri117 , miracle , Hellhawk , Comicalflop , Vergil_Redgrail , TrystonSpencer , CampbellStev , Ninjadude51 , Boza , CookieJedi , nighthawk101 , mathimus55 , , Woland , shinobigarth , RealShoppingCart , onesleepygenius|
|Want (2)||Welldasgood , Malaki59|
Mistcutter Hydra Discussion
3 hours ago
Please link your cards. Use double brackets. [ [ Forest ] ], without spaces, becomes Forest.
Protection stops five things, which you can remember with the acronym DEBT: Something with protection from X can't be Damaged, Enchanted, Equipped, Blocked, or Targeted by anything with quality X. Stormtide Leviathan's abilities do none of those things, so they all affect Mistcutter Hydra.
5 hours ago
Link all cards in your question.
It depends. If a creature enters the battlefield with the counters, then it has that P/T from the moment it begins to enter the battlefield. Relevant abilities will see the creature's P/T as modified by those counters.
If, however, the creature gains the counters from an ability that triggers when the creature enters the battlefield, then it enters with its base P/T and then gains counters after an ability resolves. Other abilities will see the base P/T when the creature enters.
1 day ago
Haha, thanks for the kind words about the name! I honestly really only started building the deck around Garruk, Apex Predator and Nissa, Worldwaker, when I thought of the name - they were my only two planeswalkers at the time after cracking packs of boosters.
Anyway, I do like the idea behind Ordeal of Nylea, but as it is I'm already stuck for ideas for what cards to swap out - I would ideally like to run more Golgari Charm (what a great utility card) and Utopia Sprawl. So I think at this moment I'll not run it - for the sole reason that the 4x Primeval Titan will be pulling enough land for me.
As for Mistcutter Hydra I did honestly consider sideboarding it as a backup against counters, but didn't know what to take out, though looking back at the sideboard now I can probably take out Dragon Throne of Tarkir (probably have enough big creatures or things that get large) and Restock.
Thanks for the input!
1 day ago
Against Esper Control:
Against Aggro/Token Decks:
5 days ago
Perhaps Mistcutter Hydra would help in the SB for the control matchup.
1 week ago
1 week ago
It was fun to playtest your deck. Good Luck! +1
1 week ago
Mono-red and red/green aggro are the toughest, and are the only decks that I have had a very poor win/lose ratio to last few weeks. As the control player, you're basically just hoping that they get a bad opening hand and mulligan down to 5 to give you more time / less early threats to deal with, which is not a good way to need a game to start!
Anything that can come down early and keep making more threats for cheap/free is a problem; Monastery Mentor, Mastery of the Unseen, Goblin Rabblemaster for example. Can be played too early to be countered, and can usually create at least a couple of threats before it's dealth with.
Bad matchups vs. Esper Dragons is anything slow to build up. Midrange often gets screwed; by the time you have the 4-6 mana up for your proper "threats" the control players' hand is usually set to ensure you're not getting any of them. Red and Green in particular have very little that is effective because of the 3 different colours of removal in the control deck; Mistcutter Hydra might make it to the field, but will likely still die before getting a hit in. Genesis Hydra can be useful, as even if it is countered it's effect still happens, so you get something else cheated into play that then has to be dealt with as well.
|Power / Toughness||0/0|
|Avg. draft pick||2.38|
|Avg. cube pick||4.23|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Mistcutter Hydra + Unravel the Aether
- Illusionist's Bracers + Kiora's Follower + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Stormbreath Dragon
- Aqueous Form + Fireshrieker + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Strionic Resonator
- Boros Charm + Mistcutter Hydra
- Apocalypse Hydra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Gainsay + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Aqueous Form
- Mistcutter Hydra + Teleportal
- Flesh / Blood + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Prophet of Kruphix
- Mistcutter Hydra + Predator Ooze + Scavenging Ooze
- Corpsejack Menace + Mistcutter Hydra + Rogue's Passage
- Mistcutter Hydra + Polukranos, World Eater
- Kalonian Hydra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Ordeal of Nylea
- Anafenza, the Foremost + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
- Crater's Claws + Kruphix, God of Horizons + Mistcutter Hydra
- Kruphix, God of Horizons + Mistcutter Hydra
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Temur Battle Rage
- Mistcutter Hydra + Rancor
- Dictate of Karametra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Corpsejack Menace + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Servant of the Scale
- Mistcutter Hydra + Solidarity of Heroes
- Axebane Guardian + Freed from the Real + Mistcutter Hydra