Creature — Hydra
Mistcutter Hydra can't be countered
Haste, Protection from blue
Mistcutter Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.23||$0.47||$2.35||$1.92||0.02 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (31)||Valentine35 , the.beanpole , Regulus1010 , pskinn01 , TheDevicer , Grantley91 , MADMatt7777 , BloodyPenguin321 , GoldGhost012 , golgarigirl , jecder , agGravity , Boza , lordoftheshadows , EmblemMan , , Rellevation , IKEYMAN , benjibot789 , puppyking86 , Wolfninja , CampbellStev , ztheart , Represser , SpartanCEL , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Kravian , LiberateKarn , greyninja , Bellock86 , miracle|
|Want (3)||bakdoi , samk125 , Welldasgood|
Mistcutter Hydra Discussion
22 hours ago
I've built a mono-green ramp deck that can be incredibly fast (T3 Genesis Wave for 8 once) but as I'm just getting into modern I'm not sure the best bomb to drop then. I have a couple Colossus of Akros in there now but I can't imagine that being near Tier 1. Eldrazi? Ugin? Atarka? I've even tested Mistcutter Hydra. What's the best "you're gonna scoop now" card?
Please lend your wisdom.
1 day ago
Look into Hydra Broodmaster, the monstrosity x is devastating with devotion.
Another one is Mistcutter Hydra, pro blue is amazing and haste means you can smash face without a wait.
If lots of mana is the idea then another Ugin, the Spirit Dragon or 2 could only help, though it may prove cost prohibitive.
In general try to have limited one-of cards, both main and sideboard. Hope my suggestions are helpful.
Busse on Xylophobia
2 days ago
For starters: thanks to all of you who have commented and upvoted the deck. It is much appreciated!!!
Sometimes late but I deliver!:
- BLEATH, Asher18, llamaglama01: Hey there... no use of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx because it's expensive... and I don't trust/like X cost spells... I always have mixed feelings when considering Hydras for this deck.
- doctorsmegma: Nice name, also... Rancor is not very useful here, considering almost everything has trample already. I might consider it in the future if I put Predator Ooze in the deck.
- simoHayha: I bought a couple of greaves, I'll test them, but the Canopy Cover can be used on the enemy to prevent a creature from being targeted (not the main use, but it's a possibility). Also yeah, haste is interesting, thus I'll playtest it. Thanks!
- RoarMaster, SwampHippie, howaboutno & HonoraryFugu Hi there, yes. The Avatar of the Resolute is not fully used here, but trample+reach in a 3/2 for GG is strictly better than Garruk's Companion. Maybe I'll throw in Increasing Savagery and Predator Ooze to use the avatar at full capacity. Predator Ooze is useful but does not give THAAAT much pressure compared to a turn 2 Leatherback Baloth. Got to test it.
- Dr.Necro: Check the link above! You got it!
- Mtg_king & tain: I'll test the Mistcutter Hydra but I don't like hydras for this deck at the moment. Thanks for passing by! Oh, and yes... it's not EXACTLY budget, but it doesn't cost 500 bucks... unlike half of the other decks in this site! hahahah
- jules11788: Gaea's Revenge is nice, I like that card a lot, but doesn't adjust that well to this build. Thanks anyway man! :)
- gruulmaster: Thanks for the love man! I'm happy you liked the deck. Spread the love.
- celestite4: I'll test Genesis Wave and Genesis Hydra once I get a couple of them cards! Thanks for commenting here!
Be sure to check the other decks in the cycle. One deck for each color! Spread the love.
Also claim your Onion Sacrifice if you haven't already! SMITE ONION
2 days ago
Yea, I know Mistcutter Hydra is pro blue, which hurts you. But... remember, it is pro blue, lol. Along with having haste, and having great synergy with Omnath, Locus of Mana or Kruphix, God of Horizons late game. Granted, him not having trample does hurt a little bit. Maybe you could throw in a Taunting Elf or use Lure to get around that.
3 days ago
Thanks for the ideas! The only issue I see is with Mistcutter Hydra since I'm unable to double his counters using Vorel. Omnath is a great idea for casting fatties..
5 days ago
I guess you could use the Display of Dominance in the sb, but yeah, this kinda budget midrange-ramp deck can be hard to play against any dedicated control deck since this deck lack any valuable 2-3 drop
Hope that helps
5 days ago
-2 Bow of Nylea
-2 Mistcutter Hydra (to sideboard)
Sideboard+2 Mistcutter Hydra (from mainboard)
I've acquired a bunch of cards from Theros and Innistrad and made some updates. The general goals here were to increase the amount of mana ramp (to help get the big creatures out), make it easier to take out blockers outside of combat (ie: Epic Confrontation), and swap out some creatures for ones with more beneficial secondary effects.
Bow of Nylea and Roar of Challenge made for a really good combination to wipe out an opponent's defenses, but they didn't come up enough in practice to make it worth the card slots. I've put them under maybeboard in case I change my mind later.
|Power / Toughness||0/0|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Heroes' Bane + Mistcutter Hydra
- Aqueous Form + Fireshrieker + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Polukranos, World Eater
- Kalonian Hydra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Flesh / Blood + Mistcutter Hydra
- Kruphix, God of Horizons + Mistcutter Hydra
- Bioshift + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Temur Battle Rage
- Dictate of Karametra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Solidarity of Heroes
- Mistcutter Hydra + Strionic Resonator