Creature — Hydra
Mistcutter Hydra can't be countered
Haste, Protection from blue
Mistcutter Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.44||$0.78||$3.9||$2.54||0.02 TIX||0.03 TIX|
Mistcutter Hydra Discussion
1 hour ago
13 hours ago
I've only played it against my roommate's Grixis control, and it does decently well. Seems like the wins go back and forth. Mistcutter Hydra is a beautiful card that really should be in sideboard, haha. Thanks for the input.
1 day ago
Thanks for the suggestion!
Mistcutter Hydra works wonders against the previous Mono-blue stuff we saw in Theros but I have concerns with keeping it out versus so much black removat in U/B or Esper decks now-a-days.
All the same, the potential of it coming in with counters for added synergy and getting haste is pretty tempting compared to my current answer of Bassara Tower Archer for the added hexproof.
Played FNM last week and went 3-1 beating up a control deck pretty handily. Abzan agro was my only loss due to keeping a bad hand.
1 day ago
-Savage Ventmaw because he is only good in certain conditions (mainly requiring him to have haste and you to be running 4 Crater's Claws. There are far better dragons for you to be running in this build.
Thunderbreak Regent, Stormbreath Dragon, Dragonlord Atarka, and Atarka, World Render would all be better options in this build. In fact, with this much ramp, I'd say the dragonlord needs to be a 2-of. Since Stormbreath rotates soon, it might be smarter to invest in thunderbreak. He will probably only rise in price once stormbreath is out of standard. I would probably take out 2 Genesis Hydra to make way for 2 dragonlord atarka and 4 thunderbreaks.
This is not a collected company style deck. That card fits G or G/W aggro 100x better. You'd be better off running more crater's claws or even some Heir of the Wilds/Warden of the First Tree to get some early board presence that isn't just manadork.
95% of a sideboard is local meta decisions IMO. Hate things that your deck struggles against and/or things popular in their area.
Some really good options against control decks: Mistcutter Hydra, Display of Dominance, and more burn spells. Even something like Outpost Siege that could give you some card advantage or even Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker or Xenagos, the Reveler because Hero's Downfall is usually their only answer.
Against the mirror (R/G dragons or jeskai aggro/midrange there's Plummet to target stormbreaths, mantis riders, atarkas, wingmate rocs, or whatever you might face.
Against enchantments or combos Destructive Revelry
For burn or red deck wins we bring in Feed the Clan
1 day ago
Rending Volley is good against any dragons esper deck which seems to be on a steady rise thanks to good old Dragonlord Ojutai and Plummet can help with them too. Not only that but Plummet is great via mirror match. "Oh no Dragonlord Atarka massive 8/8 flying trampler, whatever shall I do?" taps two Plummet...
1 day ago
Strong 1 Drops:
These cards are technically one drops:
All of these cards could fit well and I think it would be a fun time.
2 days ago
How has the deck run against control? Mistcutter Hydra could help
2 days ago
You're turning this into a good-stuff deck rather than picking a way to win and going with it.
-1 Thunderbreak Regent (no other dragons)
-1 Stampeding Elk Herd (not a win condition I would choose)
-2 Surrak, the Hunt Caller (Same as above)
-1 Outpost Siege (Not enough flying, plus you have tons of ramp already)
-1 Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (Not something you're working toward)
Personal preference, but I wouldn't run Fanatic of Xenagos in this.
Then I'd fill out Savage Knuckleblade, perhaps Genesis Hydra and Mistcutter Hydra (seriously, that's a lot of ramp you have). Then either cut the Boon Satyr or cut Heir of the Wilds and run a full set of Boon Satyr. Ranger's Guile might be something to consider running mainboard to protect your creature-heavy deck (you might consider cutting a creature to make room for it).
|Power / Toughness||0/0|
|Avg. draft pick||2.39|
|Avg. cube pick||4.22|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Mistcutter Hydra + Unravel the Aether
- Illusionist's Bracers + Kiora's Follower + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Stormbreath Dragon
- Aqueous Form + Fireshrieker + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Strionic Resonator
- Boros Charm + Mistcutter Hydra
- Apocalypse Hydra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Gainsay + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Aqueous Form
- Mistcutter Hydra + Teleportal
- Flesh / Blood + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Prophet of Kruphix
- Mistcutter Hydra + Predator Ooze + Scavenging Ooze
- Corpsejack Menace + Mistcutter Hydra + Rogue's Passage
- Mistcutter Hydra + Polukranos, World Eater
- Kalonian Hydra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Ordeal of Nylea
- Anafenza, the Foremost + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
- Crater's Claws + Kruphix, God of Horizons + Mistcutter Hydra
- Kruphix, God of Horizons + Mistcutter Hydra
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Temur Battle Rage
- Mistcutter Hydra + Rancor
- Dictate of Karametra + Mistcutter Hydra
- Corpsejack Menace + Mistcutter Hydra
- Mistcutter Hydra + Servant of the Scale