|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell that targets a creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
3 months ago
You average CMC in this deck is 4.03 - this by no means helps beating animar decks, as by turn 2 or 3 they will have animar in play, to disrupt, counter or remove animar, you will need faster cards... consider cheaper cards - cards like Force of Will, Intervene and Horribly Awry
3 months ago
Broken Concentration, Cancel, Convolute, Deprive, Disdainful Stroke, Dissolve, Essence Scatter, Exclude, Hinder, Hornswoggle, Interdict, Intervene, Psychic Barrier, Remove Soul, Soul Manipulation, Spell Rupture, Thassa's Rebuff, Undermine
3 months ago
- Island >> Temple of Mystery
- Island >> Temple of Enlightenment
- Island >> Temple of Plenty
- Island >> Evolving Wilds
- Plains >> Cultivate
- Intervene >> Hinterland Harbor
- Govern the Guildless >> Glacial Fortress
- Monk Idealist >> Eternal Witness
- Sphere of Safety >> Ghostly Prison
- Negate >> Counterspell
- Willbreaker >> Progenitor Mimic
- Jungle Barrier >> Clever Impersonator
- Plea for Guidance >> Rhystic Study
- Gather Specimens >> Swiftfoot Boots
4 months ago
Sinkies Thank you for your comment!
Actually because of the powerlevel of my playgroup I won't be able to take out the infinite combos if I want to stand a chance to win.
About your deck: You probably want most of the filter lands and pay lands, since you will want to cast some Eldrazis and they give colorless and fixing, maybe also things like Desolate Lighthouse!
Panharmonicon will help you to reuse the ETB effects of your big creatures (with Panharmonicon and Riku of Two Reflections in the battlefield something like Thought-Knot Seer can trigger 6 times, leaving 2 tokens). You might want to check out (if you don't already know them) Triumph of the Hordes and Guided Passage which can be a lot of fun if someone is willing to give you what you need!!!
About counters to protect your creatures i'd recommend things like Pyroblast for the enemmy counters and Cyclonic Rift's, Turn Aside and Intervene for the one target removals and Warping Wail for most areas and some flexibility. Also look for some ramp you can duplicate with Riku of Two Reflections, maybe Yavimaya Elder or Sakura-Tribe Elder.
Hope I was of any help, and good luck with your deck!! Will love to see it finished
8 months ago
This is a really neat concept. I like a focus on manlands.
1 year ago
I can't believe I chuckled at that horrible joke...
What I actually can't believe is that I don't see a Vines of Vastwood in your list. If scrolling over the card doesn't make you put it right in the 99, let me tell you what it can do:
- protects your creatures from anything targetted for
- Titanic Growth + Hexproof for
- if casting it on your opponent's creatures, you've got a green version of Intervene for
If you compare it to the next closest cards Woodcutter's Grit and Glint, it becomes especially apparent how busted this card is, and with neither of those you even get the Intervene effect, which is all the more powerful as it's something a mono-green deck normally doesn't bring to the table!
If you think the above reads a lot like a modal spell, you would be correct, as you actually utilize all of those modes to their fullest in EDH.
I would also suggest some tribal staples, such as:
- Urza's Incubator (2 free counters for each Hydra, as well as cheaper re-casting of your Commander; plus if you play it turn 3, you can play your Commander and Lightning Greaves in turn 4)
- Door of Destinies (this might be overkill, but if you can play it early, it will reward you for playing some of your Hydras early on, making it impossible to race them.
I would furthermore take out Blade of Selves... it seems like an almost dead card, as your Hydras will most of all come into play as 0/0 creatures, which doesn't seem all that useful.
Good luck from here on out!
2 years ago
There's also Mizzium Skin for 1 mana protection, not sure how it compares to Intervene. I guess there may be a time when intervene could stop an opponent from targeting their creature? Skin may still be good enough though.
I also feel like there must be a creature that can fit into more than one of the combos and free up a deck slot, unless having the different combos use completely distinct pieces (other than ooze) is deliberate?
For instance, you can use Thermopod and kiki-jiki in place of the devoted druid and morselhorder, which would free up a slot.