Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted permanent has hexproof.
When enchanted permanent leaves the battlefield, if it was historic, draw two cards. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Curator's Ward Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Last_Laugh I'll admit that I maintain a Muldrotha decklist here and in paper, for quite some time, but despite that have probably only played it like 10 times... which is a shame but it sometimes feels a bit powerful for the pod I might sit down with that night, and other times I don't want to hold the game up since the deck is still somewhat new to me and there's a lot going on.
That being said, the recent-ish cards that I think have been doing well are Gravebreaker Lamia, Seal of Removal, Curator's Ward, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, and Siren Stormtamer (those last two may be over two years old and you may know already)
1 month ago
4 months ago
Well, first you should get some protection since Muldrotha tends to be a huge target. Kaya's Ghostform , Diplomatic Immunity and Curator's Ward are some really nice and cheap pieces. You should also play some cards to mill yourself and some free sac outlets. Hedron Crab and Altar of Dementia are some awesome choices. Altar of dementia also forms an infinite mill combo with Kaya’s ghostform and Lotus Petal . If you want to play it controlly, Night Incarnate is nice to wipe out entire decks like tokens, elves or goblins. Can also be used at instant speed if you have a sac outlet on the table. Seal of Doom and Seal of Primordium also provide you with options to remove key cards or combo pieces during your opponents turn and at instant speed. Cards like Aura Thief and Mindslicer are extremely effective in Muldrotha too. Mindslicer takes your opponents the ability to deal with your stuff while you cast everything from your grave. Aura thief always has some nice stuff to steal, think of propaganda, rhystic study, mana doublers or even Theros gods. I could go on with suggestions but I think that’s enough for now. If you’re interested in more feel free to check my primer. It’s not a budget deck by far but plays a lot really good and inexpensive cards too.
5 months ago
Hey multimedia! Dude, you have no idea about how much you helped me! Thanks so much! So, im new on EDH stuff, and i have few considerations about your suggestions.
I'm sorry for my English Show
so, yes I have too many cards and im trying to get some cut, buts its soooo hard for me lol
Curator's Ward were to get some extra protection, since I have only 2 hexproof... And i could use it on Artifacts too, righ?
Jori En, Ruin Diver is just for drawin, but I guess instant and sorceries could do it better, right?
I still dont know if this deck could survive too long to ramp, and really start doing something relevant with the storm stuff. Should I put some extra control? Im really newbie on EDH haha..
5 months ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
Yes, that works. Also, after Paradox Engine's ability resolves, but before Mox Amber does, you'll be able to tap the one on the field for mana, netting you 2 mana each time through the loop. Alternatively you can always keep the original Amber as it was untapped by Paradox Engine if for some reason it was better (such as being enchanted by Curator's Ward and you're worried about targeted exile) as it will untap and still net you a mana each time through the loop.
10 months ago
If you were to enchant Chromatic Lantern with Curator's Ward, only the lantern will have hexproof. Curator's Ward only provides hexproof to the permanent it is enchanted on. If the Curator's Ward is removed, your Chromatic Lantern will no longer have hexproof as the enchantment giving it hexproof is no longer enchanting it.
If Curator's Ward also had hexproof, it would say so on a separate line. To better illustrate, Darksteel Plate itself has indestructible and gives the equipped creature indestructible. Notice how the two effects are on separate lines. Since that is not the case, Curator's Ward only provides hexproof to whatever it is enchanting.
Hexproof only protects something from being targeted. An effect needs to explicitly have the word "target" in its rules text in order for hexproof to protect against it. Hexproof will protect against a Naturalize but not against a Shatterstorm.
702.11b “Hexproof” on a permanent means “This permanent can’t be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.”