|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||mythic rare|
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Jugan, the Rising Star
Legendary Creature — Dragon Spirit
When Jugan, the Rising Star is put into a graveyard from play, you may distribute five +1/+1 counters among any number of target creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||fireborne1986 , Forkbeard , dizzierabit , johnsongrantr , MrCrazzyc , Unjust_DiabIo , PhotogenicParasympathetic , brentkc49 , duff87 , bakeraj4 , MattN7498 , philktoken8998 , Randomdeath , mziter501 , golgarigirl|
|Want (8)||JuiceboxHero , kisPocok , isleep2late , kapteenik , Typpaostur , Xunfor6iv3nX , mlouden03 , Bassadin|
Jugan, the Rising Star Discussion
1 month ago
A few suggestions:
Shape of the Wiitigo is quite expensive for what it does
Primeval Bounty expensive card for what it does
Primal Vigorchances of you casting this, then passing and letting your opponents use it first are high, imo.
Death's Presence you don't have that many creature to benefit from this.
Ashling the Pilgrim seems like a weak board wipe. Might be okay, though, but expensive.
Jugan, the Rising Star is just kinda bad, and you can do better for 6 aman
Rage Forger1 damage across 2-3 creatures won't make a big difference, even if it's across a few turns.
Soul's Might I don't think this is good.
Verduran Emissary Scrounging Bandar Keldon Overseer Fungal Behemoth Citanul Woodreaders Burst Lightning seem okay, but work nicely with what you're trying to do. Maximising on kicker is the way to go, imo.
Rishkar's Expertise goes in almost every green deck. It's crazy good, especially with a giant commander.
2 months ago
Exactly the type of deck I'm planning to build with O-K. 5 color Kami deck ho. Mine's probably going to be a tad more focused on the theme then yours, but still a delight to see it out there. Glad to see my namesake in there, too! You're missing Final Judgment though... It has our boi O-Kagachi on the card! Can't make a deck without that. Also, maybe some of the Dragon Spirits? They're thematic, awesome, and some of them even pretty useful: Yosei, the Morning Star, Jugan, the Rising Star, Ryusei, the Falling Star, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Keiga, the Tide Star.
6 months ago
So this is both a decent start and has a long way to go. While I don't have many specific card cuts to recommend to you, I can point you in a general direction for you to go, as well as a bunch of cards that might help you...
Lands and Mana Sources Show
Some issues I see with the deck Show
- Not enough Evasion. While your creatures might be large, very few of them have trample, flying, unblockable, landwalk, etc. This means that against any deck that makes tokens (Which is a LOT of them), you will have a VERY hard time actually killing them.
- Not enough removal. I know that UG tends to be very light in removal, but it is still VERY important. While you have a couple removal spells, mass removal is still very useful.
- Not enough protection. Similar to your removal spells, you have very few ways to protect your own creatures. Being able to protect your own beefy creatures is important in commander when there are so many opponents and having a large number of cards in your hand paints a large target upon your back.
Evasion Recommendations Show
Removal Recommendations Show
Protection Recommendations Show
Potential Cuts Show
In general, these cards are either too clunky, too expensive (cost wise), have strictly better versions, or don't push your game plan forward.
Hopefully some amount of this will help! You're allready at the deck being only $90 so you're pretty close! Good luck!
6 months ago
Jugan, the Rising Star, Pelakka Wurm, Terastodon, Putrefy, Ashnod's Altar, Razaketh, the Foulblooded, Krosan Grip, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Angel of Serenity, Rampaging Baloths, Tidehollow Sculler, Duneblast, Asceticism, No Mercy, Aven Mindcensor, Masako the Humorless, Mother of Runes, Restoration Angel, Vizier of the Menagerie, Wurmcoil Engine, Return to Dust, Profane Command, Primal Command, Black Sun's Zenith, White Sun's Zenith, Chromatic Lantern, Whip of Erebos, Bow of Nylea, Spear of Heliod, Athreos, God of Passage
7 months ago
Maybe return the favour Johnny_win?
9 months ago
I know it is not one on one but I would personally love to see the Spirit dragons (Jugan, the Rising Star, Keiga, the Tide Star, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Ryusei, the Falling Star, & Yosei, the Morning Star) versus the Titans (Primeval Titan, Inferno Titan, Grave Titan, Sun Titan, & Frost Titan).
9 months ago
you should make room for some of the following
- Kodama's Reach
- He Who Hungers
- Angel of Flight Alabaster
- Kyoki, Sanity's Eclipse
- Kokusho, the Evening Star (going to be cheaper as of iconic masters)
- Keiga, the Tide Star
- Yosei, the Morning Star
- Death Denied
- Terashi's Grasp
- Spectral Shepherd
- Soulless Revival
- AEther Shockwave
- Kindred Discovery
- Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar
- Kataki, War's Wage
- Temple of the False God
- Rending Vines
- Ghostly Prison (hey in a way flavor)
- Reliquary Tower
- Lightning Greaves
- The Unspeakable (enough arcanes and this guy will come in handy)
- Anguished Unmaking
- Jugan, the Rising Star (just if you decide to add all 5 spirt dragons..erm 6)
- Swords to Plowshares
- Fist of Suns
- Cyclonic Rift
- Herald’s Horn (this is now know as a budget urza's incubator)
- Spell Queller (spectral Shepard and this combo together for countering spells permanently)
just some suggestions