Crown of Empires
3, Tap: Tap target creature. Gain control of that creature instead if you control artifacts named Scepter of Empires and Throne of Empires.
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Crown of Empires Discussion
6 months ago
Throne of Empires , Scepter of Empires , Crown of Empires , Throne of the High City ... Actually REALLY ANY card with the MONARCH MECHANIC is an amazing flavorful, fun, and on-point mechanic for Kenrith. I recommend searching for all monarch cards.
1 year ago
I'm also sure minor adjustments could be made to help you assemble the set, such as more tutors. Perhaps Beseech the Queen as to remain on theme.
1 year ago
These are a few cards you could consider Hangarback Walker, Retrofitter Foundry, Skullclamp, Batterskull, Sword of Vengeance, Commander's Sphere, Expedition Map, Underhanded Designs, Price of Fame, Curtains' Call, and Go for the Throat.
Perhaps you could also try out these three Throne of Empires, Scepter of Empires, and Crown of Empires. I don't how good these would really be since I've never actually seen anyone try to assemble them, but there is part of the charm. I think this commander could pull it off. She has the recursion so you don't need to worry about losing them early and since she is Black, it lets you run more than enough tutors to go get them.
1 year ago
Thanks for taking the time to look at the list and leave a comment! Great to hear you like the list. Please consider upvoting as well if you liked it ;). I looked at your tips and these ar my considerations when assessing them:
About your tips:
- Spirit Away I find too expensive mana-wise. I’d rather have 4-5 mana spells that steal a creature
- Similar for Clone Legion. 9 Mana is quite prohibitive and you can only run a few of that cost. I went for Expropriate for my high cmc spell.
- Silumgar's Command is a nice versatile hate card. However, it’s a bit expensive at 5 mana. I am not expecting to hold up 5 mana with this deck, so that’s why I did not include it.
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death is nice, but It doesn’t synergize with the goal of my list, which is to steal by opponents permanents. If I would run a dragon sub-theme, it would surely find a spot in the deck, but that wasn’t the idea I was going for. A similar answer I would have for Archetype of Imagination. It’s a great card, but does not really gel with the strategy of the deck.
- Telepathy is a card I’m going to consider. Knowing what my opponent’s have could be crucial info to know how to use my steal spells.
- I do not really get you Psychic Surgery tip tbh. My deck does not actively shuffle opponent’s decks or want them to exile good cards. I want to steal the good cards :D
- Ice Cave I would find more fitting in a chaos deck. With this deck I want to have the opposite: control.
- I did not know about the … of empires cycle. Looks like fun! However, it would require many resources to get them in play all at once. I would rather add Empress Galina for example to get a similar effect as Crown of Empires.
Hope this explains my thought process a bit concerning your tips.
Thanks gain for the tips, and I'll have a look at your list soon.
1 year ago
Thank you kamelyan for you suggestion ! I will definitely include Liquimetal Coating. I just realized how much potential you can get out of that with you commander on the board. I took a look at your deck and im gonna try to include the Crown of Empires Scepter of Empires and Throne of Empires synergy, which looks pretty interesting for commander. In combination with an Unwinding Clock and some mana rocks ofc to activate the abilities = Ouch :)
1 year ago
You can use Argent Mutation for the jankiness; turn an opponent's creature into an artifact, then force them to sac it. Liquimetal Coating does the same if you target a creature. But what if they can't be targeted? Glaring Spotlight and/or Arcane Lighthouse.
Faerie Artisans is a fun card.
I blindsided my four opponents when playing my janky-Dagsson deck. I used Unwinding Clock with token generators (like Nuisance Engine), and I used creatures who drop in more artifacts (like Thopter Assembly and Myr Battlesphere), in order to tutor for fun combo pieces (Throne of Empires, Crown of Empires and Scepter of Empires) and the game-winning combo Stations (Summoning Station -> Grinding Station -> Salvaging Station -> Blasting Station).
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 61 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 year ago
I would cut some of the less impactful cards and replace them with mana rocks and card draw spells. I'm not sure if the defender & elemental tribal themes are helping at all either, I would cut them all and focus on supporting the dragon strategy. Dragons are great blockers, you just need a bunch of mana rocks to cast them a tad earlier. 2 CMC mana rocks like Coldsteel Heart, Fellwar Stone, Izzet Signet, Boros Signet, and Azorius Signet are best, but any "taps for mana" artifacts would do I think. Looks like it could be a fun deck once it gets going. I would also use smaller cantrips like Brainstorm, Preordain, Ponder, Serum Visions, and Sleight of Hand to help you smooth out draws and find your mana early.
I know I'm suggesting some big changes, but I think they will improve the deck's performance tremendously. Cards I saw to cut in addition to the defender & elemental themes: Narset, Enlightened Master, Crown of Empires, Fortune Thief, Soaring Hope, Earth Rift, and Flowstone Flood.
2 years ago
Crown of Empires, Pacification Array, Tumble Magnet, Zulaport Cutthroat (much better than Falkenrath Noble, Cabal Torturer, Banshee (X=0), and maybe find a way to untap your artifacts so you can do it all again.