|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose two —
- Counter target noncreature spell.
- Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
- Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
- Destroy target planeswalker.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (33)||ironax , Fiolek , Dannyel , sneferie , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Mortiferus_Rosa , Wolfebladeelite , TrackerD , voidruby , Ellyreia , pokemate0 , Regulus1010 , joshw335 , RedMulligan , Grantley91 , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , the.beanpole , killstars , 7vennum7 , saj0219 , , pskinn01 , duff87 , Swamy , philktoken8998 , Unlife , Bluboltar , ShishkyBob , rockleemyhero , The_Munchkin , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Silumgar's Command Discussion
2 days ago
Some more changes here for this deck to give me a little more threat and survival:)
2 months ago
No Problem, for a budget option, a lot of great cards for this deck are in the Inalla, Archmage Ritualist's "Arcane Wizardry" EDH precon deck, below are some of the cards in it that you might like:
There are plenty more cool cards in it, so if that is cheaper or faster than buying each card individually, you may want to buy the whole thing and sell/trade off the rest.
2 months ago
If you're still looking for cuts here are my suggestions.
Overall Ideas: 1. Cut the instants and sorceries. 2. Add better creatures/artifacts with activated abilities.
I would look to add more wheel effects to get cards into the graveyard. Although it can feel a little similar to chaos the results are more effective card draw and will fill up your graveyard faster with more additions. Meaning you would fill your graveyard with more potential options for Marsil; and will add more overall card draw potential than the following cards: Probe, Flux, Mystical Teachings, Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study, Gifts Ungiven, Thirst for Knowledge, Frantic Search
Silumgar's Command: There are better creatures/artifacts that can fulfill this role through Marsil and have the additional benefit of being repeatable.
Walking Ballista: 4 mana for a +1/+1 counter is not efficient enough to justify it's inclusion.
Argent Sphinx: I think that relying on Metalcraft in this deck will end poorly in most situations.
Snapcaster Mage: By removing the instants and socrceries Snappy becomes less effective and should be removed.
Galecaster Colossus: Similar situation with this card having no activated abilities, the high CMC, and the ability to only bounce two (with the Colossus and Marsil on the battlefield) non-land permanents a turn doesn't seem worthy of an inclusion.
Decree of Pain: Being in Grixis colors, you have access to more effective card draw and board wipe spells than to justify this cards high CMC even with the cycling component.
Anthroplasm: This card confuses me and I don't understand its use. Care to enlighten me?
Cephalid Coliseum: You have access to better card draw that is repeatable.
Hammer of Purphoros: Unnecessary haste inclusion.
Basalt Monolith: All the ramp. None of the draw backs.
Hateflayer: BOOM, goes the dynamite.
Pili-Pala: The best part of your deck is this card.....
Jace's Archivist: Wheels for days..
Avatar of Woe: Problem solved. Plus can be a cheap cast on its own.
Vandalblast: You're playing red right?
Mercurial Chemister: Ehh, Idk about this one.
Entomb: Tutor time.
Gamble: Great tutor for your deck.
Cavern Harpy: Wow, just, wow....
Training Grounds: Mana reductions are the key.
2 months ago
- Mindcrank - keep in mind that things like Underground River or Phyrexian Arena also trigger Mindcrank. Mwahaha
- Spelltwine - instead of or in addition to Memory Plunder. Not instant speed, but two spells rather than just one.
- Mastermind's Acquisition - the official commander rules are a little fuzzy on bringing cards in from outside the game. I believe they say to handle it on a playgroup by playgroup basis, so just check with your opponents before you start
- Silumgar's Command, Ruinous Path, or Hero's Downfall can help with removal
You also have no sort of board wipe or wrath. Something like a cycled Decree of Pain would miss most of your high-toughness dudes or it could be cast normally if needed. Tragic Slip is an EDH staple and gets around indestructible.
Things you could possibly remove:
- Living Wall - I feel like you can do better than 4 mana for a 0/6 (Like Guardians of Meletis for example, which you already have), though the regenerate is nice.
- Forgotten Creation - what benefit do you get from discarding your hand? Is there a card that deals damage to your opponents when you do? If there's nothing like that, Forgotten Creation isn't contributing much. I'd feel like you'll be able to achieve delirium fairly easily
- Kefnet's Monument and Bontu's Monument - keep an eye on your black to blue creature ratio and your creature to non-creature ratio to see if you should remove one or both of these
- Meekstone - currently about 1/3 of your creatures have power 3 or greater so keep an eye on this
- Swarm Intelligence - lots of mana when you have other ways of copying spells. Though this is an enchantment. Hmm.
- Candles of Leng - Why not just Staff of Nin or something instead?
- Soul Net - doesn't trigger off of things being put from a library into the graveyard
3 months ago
3 months ago
4 months ago
4 months ago
Hey all, maybe y'all can help me with some decision making regarding the creation of a Ramos deck. Right not it's a pile of 200+ cards with various overlapping theme, which I will list below. If you have built around him yourself, or have ideas regarding inclusions that'd be great. A public list is not yet available but there really is nothing set (except the giant pile of aforementioned cards). On another note trying to stay as budget as possible so try to stay below $5 a card but don't let it limit your suggestions.
For those that don't know of Ramos, Dragon Engine, he resorts to turning +1/+1 counters into cash (Mana). That being said it would make sense to include a +1/+1 counter theme. Also, the more colors a card has, the better to generate more counters. Counter doubling cards like Vorel of the Hull Clade and Corpsejack Menace do well to ramp/boost with Ramos.
Charms: These are cards that usually offer choices, making them versatile for many situations and some can match to certain themes. Jund Charm for example is Artifact removal, restricted creature removal, or +1/+1 counters, while Silumgar's Command allows 2 choices. While they can fit any theme, there are so many of them its hard to choose the best ones. Alot of them offer control options (counters, removal, bounce), which them steers away from creature based deck (I think anyway), which wouldn't really require a +1/+1 counter theme.
A lot of multicolor cards seem to offer Cascade, this would allow Ramos to grow faster however may cast spells I'd rather hold onto (I.e. charms). Also could tie into a Voltron theme I suppose... didn't add alot of support in that area though.
Another possibility is using a go wide token strategy paired with the various Liege's of Shadowmoor/Lorwyn I.e Murkfiend Liege and Mindwrack Liege. Some are better than others, and would probably require a more expensive land base.
That's it for themes, would be nice to tie them all together but there's just not enough room for it all. There are also a few things I'd like opinions about. The first being I am thinking of including the Borderposts, how many I'm not sure, may just have a few to cover the prevalent colors. My reasoning is that the are mana rocks that have colored cost, ergo triggering Ramos if later in the game. My question is if it is worth it or to just include signers instead. Secondly, Is Urza's Filter worth including considering every card is multicolored or to risque? Thirdly, The Guildgates and The land that says "you win if you have all 10" worth it or no? Lastly.... I thought I had more, maybe I did and am now just drawing a blank, who knows.
If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. Leave your comments, suggestions, alternate ideas, and/or builds and I'll get back when I can. TIA!