|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Wall of Kelp
Creature — Plant Wall
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
(Blue)(Blue), Tap: Put a 0/1 blue Plant Wall creature token with defender named Kelp into play.
Wall of Kelp Discussion
1 month ago
Field of Peonies
Creature - Plant
At the end of your turn, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token.
Color-shifted Wall of Kelp . Costs one more but creates them every turn instead of having to juggle it with counter magic.
Create a card about Kudzu.
4 months ago
Recommendations: Zetalpa, Primal Dawn - 4/8 double striker means 16 flying, indestructible damage a turn whenever Arcades is out.
Sylvan Library - Independent, cheap draw engine that gives you value even before you drop Arcades.
Rhystic Study - See Sylvan Library.
Birds of Paradise - It's just a good turn one play that gets you ahead in both ramp and fixing.
Orator of Ojutai - Draws you two cards on ETB whenever Arcades is out.
Portcullis Vine is slower than Wall of Mulch , but can provide extra draw from your Walls once they're on the battlefield if you can't find a way to blink or bounce them, consider this a weak recommendation.
Soulsworn Jury - Functions as a card draw early, can then be used to deter opponents from making splashy plays.
Wall of Kelp - Gives you a repeatable source of card draw when Arcades is out.
In general this doesn't seem like a combo list, so the low average CMC isn't as important as it would be with a deck that wants to set up and win the game in the same turn cycle. I'd recommend running more bombs to give you impactful plays in the late game, and maybe some cards like Containment Priest or Lavinia, Azorius Renegade to allow you to get to that late game.
7 months ago
Hello, your deck looks quite good but I'd make a little changes here and there:
- First of all, you probably don't need these 6 CMC cards as they come really late and don't impact the board that much. It would make room for Beast Whisperer and Orator of Ojutai that you have in maybeboard
- Also Tempt with Discovery ? 4 CMC is where your curve actually ends so you don't need that much ramp, especially when your 2 CMC ramp package is alright. If you can afford Breeding Pool and Canopy Vista you can easily set yourself up with Nature's Lore .
- For another 2 CMC ramp swap - Gatecreeper Vine is not that great, you're waaay better off with Sylvan Caryatid , you won't belive how many times it's hexproof screwed my opponents tring to remove it.
- Another little swap - Tower Defense is way cheaper than Solidarity . But if you want to swap it or use both its up to you. Maybe I'd cut Slagwurm Armor for another copy of this effect because artifact is easy to remove compared to instant speed combat trick.
- For further lowering curve I'd add some utility walls: Resolute Watchdog is amazing for protecting commander and Portcullis Vine alongside Wall of Mulch make great card draw engine (use them with Wall of Kelp tokens or defenders that are about to die and... thank me later xD)
- As you lower the curve maybe you won't need signets. Also I see you lack some interaction in form of counterspells but I guess your playgroup isn't that removal heavy.
That's it from me, hope this helps. Let me know what you think about these changes and take care
7 months ago
Have you considered adding some protection/flicker effects here?
for protection and
not only save your board state but with Arcades give ton of cards after comeback.
I think that this deck has too high curve so I'd cut cards like Azor, the Lawbringer , Dazzling Ramparts and Collossus of Akros to make some room for low-cost cards. Especially that Wall of Mulch and Portcullis Vine can give you some more cards (I like to use them with Wall of Kelp tokens) and Resolute Watchdog can protect the general.
For another low-cost replacement I'd suggest going for Brave the Sands instead of Oathsworn Giant and maybe Serra's Blessing for more Vigilance effects. If you want more oomph then Tower Defense is an amazing combat trick that can finish games with unblocked defenders out of nowhere.
Also for ramp and manabase I'd highly recommend adding a few basic Forests and Rampant Growth , Nature's Lore and Farseek might speed up your gameplan by a ton. For defenders Overgrown Battlement and Vine Trellis add some but main objective to use them is to ramp into Arcades ASAP and after he's present then draw some cards + that mana can easily be dumped into Assault Formation for boost.
Hope this helps :)
9 months ago
9 months ago
Here’s a few cards to think about that fit the theme of the deck quite well in either their abilities and or in the artwork:
- Treva's Ruins
- Brave the Sands lets your walls block more than one creature like walls are supposed to do.
- Builder's Blessing
- Wall of Kelp with Intruder Alarm and your Axebane Guardian you could get as many walls and draw as many cards as you like. And if you add a Laboratory Maniac you could win the game in a single turn.
10 months ago
10 months ago
Wall of Kelp Can be an interesting add ;) Draw 1 each turn with Arcades
Wall of Kelp occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%