Put three -1/-1 counters on target creature with flying.
Cycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Stinging Shot Discussion
1 month ago
Taking out Edifice of Authority (too clunky) and Second Harvest (too slow, too specialized). Also taking out Throne of the God-Pharaoh to open five total slots for 2x Benefaction of Rhonas and 3x Stinging Shots.
Argy on Bant Crush
1 month ago
OK this deck needs a lot of tweaks to get it to work.
These are some of the issues:
It's difficult to play Gideon of the Trials because, unlike Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, he doesn't bring any Creature in to play to protect himself. You only have one Creature that can protect him (Channeler Initiate), unless you can get some 8/8 Octopus action happening.
It's REALLY tricky to cast Crush of Tentacles for its surge cost. There were that many times I was sitting on six mana, but all the other spells in my hand cost 2CMC or more. If you want to make this deck work then I think you need a lot of little 1CMC spells that you will be almost guaranteed to cast.
Confront the Unknown
Gift of Tusks
Heaven / Earth - you can pay 0 for X, just to trigger Surge
Select for Inspection
Natural State - probably best in the Sideboard
Stinging Shot - Sideboard
I could go on, but I think you get the gist.
A lot of this stuff is a throw back to decks that are trying to get a lot of to spin Aetherworks Marvel. You might be able to kill two birds with one stone if you try taking out Glimmer of Genius for Creatures that should give you draw.
Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip
This deck has possibilities, that's for sure. It just needs to be more consistent.
1 month ago
-1/-1 Counter Ideas:
- Blight Mamba (Snek!)
- Blight Sickle
- Cinderhaze Wretch (Combos with Melira)
- Core Prowler
- Deity of Scars
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Grim Poppet (so good)
- Harbinger of Night (also amazing)
- Incremental Blight
- Lockjaw Snapper
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast (Must have!!!!)
- Phyrexian Hydra
- Rendclaw Trow
- Ruthless Sniper (if going in the Archfiend of Ifnir/Cycling direction...)
- Serrated Arrows
- Serrated Biskelion
- Shambling Swarm
- Stinging Shot (Good with Archfiend...)
- Viridian Corrupter
- Garruk Wildspeaker
Random Good Stuff:
- Coat of Arms (Snake? Snake?!? SNAAAAAAKE!!!!)
- Patron of the Orochi (...)
- Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
- Seshiro the Anointed
- Shisato, Whispering Hunter
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Withering Boon
2 months ago
So I love the green cards of Amonkhet, especially Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and Honored Hydra, and I'd like to build a block-constructed deck around Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and negative counters. Here's what I've come up with so far : [AKH only] Hapatra -1/-1.
- Play Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons turn 2, Channeler Initiate/Defiant Greatmaw/Nest of Scarabs turn 3 to overwhelm the board with Snake and Insects tokens.
- Play Archfiend of Ifnir turn 5 to make more counters with Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons.
- Cycling is used only for placing and triggering Archfiend of Ifnir. That's why there are 4 of them (which makes 3 potential cycling cards after 1 has been played), and 3x Stinging Shot. I chose the later because there's not much to defend yourself against flyers but I put Dissenter's Deliverance in sideboard for possible artifacts.
- No 2x Rhonas the Indomitable, it costs too much atm. I'd be open to suggestion for 1x Rhonas the Indomitable and 1x Bontu the Glorified (I think it should be easy to enable Bontu) but not 2x Rhonas the Indomitable.
- Block-constructed, Amonkhet cards only please.
- I'm not one for splashing but if there's very little of it and it doesn't change the core of the deck, why not splash with Red.
Needs help with
- Cards distribution : is 4x Crocodile of the Crossing too much, 2x Honored Hydra too little. How should I balance my cards ?
- Cards viability : some of them I'm not sure about. Should I go with Shed Weakness or Hapatra's Mark. Why not add Splendid Agony or Plague Belcher, I don't really know.
- Mana base : I'm not sure how many lands I got to have. I think half Swamp and half Forest is vital for playing Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons turn 2.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I think you've got a really great foundation here for an awesomely fun deck and I agree that Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons can be an absolute bomb when used correctly, but I think you're trying to do a few too many things here. You've got -1/-1 counters, cycling, and discard all going on, some of which are actively causing problems for others.
I'd say make a decision between cycling or discard, rather than trying to do both. If you go for discard, include some powerful embalm creatures like Honored Hydra or other ways to pull creatures out of your graveyard, like Gravedigger. With regards to enabling discard, Noose Constrictor is a solid card that also deals with fliers.
I really like Hapatra's Mark as a nice combat trick, but I would personally sideboard Dissenter's Deliverance as you'll only need it against artifact heavy match-ups, and then you'll probably want 3 or 4.
I'd say all of your creatures are absolutely on point except for Shefet Monitor, whose high cycling cost doesn't really justify a second rate ability. If you're going for cycling, I'd say Stir the Sands offers a better ability for the same cost and, if you do manage to cast it, three zombies that act as little -1/-1 counter dorks for your Decimator Beetle are ideal. Scarab Feast would also made a fine sideboard option against Mardu Vehicles or any Zombie deck and Stinging Shot is perfect in the sideboard for any match-up with a bunch of fliers.
In terms of creatures, I'd replace Shefet Monitor with Baleful Ammit or Crocodile of the Crossing because they're both nice, fat creatures with -1/-1 synergies and they've both got the toughness to act as -1/-1 dorks if necessary.
I love the removal you've included, but maybe try Splendid Agony for the -1/-1 synergies. It's quite high-costed, but it does allow you to distribute two counters between two creatures, meaning you could potentially get 2 triggers off of Hapatra.
Sorry this is so long, hope it helps!
2 months ago
I think Soulstinger may be the boss you're looking for.
You just have to work your deck a bit to make better synergies with it.
For example, if you put its -1/-1 Counters on Festering Mummy they will kill the Mummy, which will then allow you to put a -1/-1 Counter on an Opponent Creature.
I'm unsure why you are limiting yourself to .
You are creating an almost impossible situation to build a competitive deck, if it is to be Pauper, Mono-Black, and only built with cards from the latest set.
That last card also synergises well with Soulstinger.
Colossapede is another big fatty in .
My strong advice would be to not limit yourself to Amonkhet cards.
If you do want to proceed that way then I would strongly suggest that you add to the deck.
Otherwise you will end up with a deck that will be frustrating to play, and will win very rarely, if at all.