|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
All creatures are black.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Darkest Hour Discussion
11 hours ago
Hey, AntiRivet! Thanks for checking out the deck. I just got done adding all of the deck description here for TappedOut. I explain in the "Why aren't you running ___?" section that I am not playing Darkest Hour simply because it is just too easy. It doesn't fit well with the kind of deck I am trying to build for my playgroup. I am thinking of adding a section related to my metagame here for more reference, so look for that in the future. Feel free to keep suggesting things, though! I love talking EDH and Teysa. :)
13 hours ago
Might I suggest Darkest Hour for Spirit token loops?
1 day ago
For people on the "ban Doubling Season" hype train here. Here are all the commanders that go infinite with a single card:
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Ancestral Statue
- Arcum Dagsson + Paradox Engine
- Azami, Lady of Scrolls + Paradox Engine (with mana rocks)
- Brago, King Eternal + Strionic Resonator (with mana rocks)
- Captain Sisay + Paradox Engine (with mana dorks)
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress + Sage of Hours
- Inalla, Archmage Ritualist + Wanderwine Prophets
- Mairsil, the Pretender + Mirror-Mad Phantasm
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind + Curiosity or Ophidian Eye
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded + Genesis Chamber (with 0-drops and Aetherflux Reservoir)
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds + Umbral Mantle, Staff of Domination, or Paradox Engine
- Sydri, Galvanic Genius + Aetherflux Reservoir
- Teferi, Temporal Archmage + The Chain Veil (with mana rocks)
- Teysa, Orzhov Scion + Darkest Hour (with sac outlets)
- The Gitrog Monster + Dakmor Salvage (with a discard outlet)
Ad that's not even counting all the cards that are essentially a 1 card combo in and of themselves, like:
- Ad Nauseam
- Boonweaver Giant (with sac outlets)
- Hermit Druid
- Protean Hulk (Why did they unban this??)
Or all the commanders who win the game automatically if you can get a simple infinite mana combo off, which are too many to list here.
My point is that Commander is already super broken on a competitive level because the RC doesn't care about banning competitive cards. Having Doubling Season with PW commanders doesn't even come close to the level of broken that's already possible in EDH, and it would be stupid to ban it. (Especially since it's a lot harder to cheat out a 5 mana enchantment than a lot of the combos I listed above.)
1 week ago
One thing you could add is Darkest Hour because if you end up getting Teysa, Orzhov Scion then you have the recipe for an infinite sac combo. Add Altar of Dementia as one of your sac outlets then if you get the rights pieces in place you can go for an infinite mill combo.
1 week ago
@chadsansing, Thanks for all the recommendations!! I wanted to use at least UW as the deck because I like the synergy between hacking and COP's and Wards, and then I added black for the Darkest Hour and Dromar, for even more synergy.
I'll definitely try this deck out with the stuff you've recommended and see how it works!
1 month ago
This is dealt with layers (rule 613) and color changing effects are handled in the fifth layer. The continuous effects are handled in time stamped order. Meaning the effect that was there first is applied, then the second , and so on. In your example if Darkest Hour was played first then Thran Lens all permanents would be colorless. If played in the other order all creatures would be black and all other permanents would be colorless.
1 month ago
I looking cards that change a permanent type or creature to a different color and I wondered how they worked if there was two with conflicting text such as Darkest Hour and Thran Lens. What would happen?