|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
All creatures are black.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Darkest Hour Discussion
4 days ago
The main combo with Teysa is Teysa + Blasting Station + Darkest Hour. Darkest Hour makes the tokens she produces black in addition to white, so they replace themselves upon death, allowing you to infinitely activate Blasting Station to ping everything.
The final large combo is the classic Karmic Guide and Reivillark combo. A good description of it is here, because you can do a lot of things with it. I personally like to lock lands and creatures with Yosei.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Nice Deck and Primer. I always enjoy cool ways like this to utilize DD. Nevertheless there is one issue with your primer, which doesn't really matter cause you can just use the given alternative line, but Darkest Hour makes all creatures lose all other colors except black, what makes it impossible to sacrifice the creatures to Teysa, Orzhov Scion, so you can't sac the spirits made by her as long as Hour is on the battlefield.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, AntiRivet! Thanks for checking out the deck. I just got done adding all of the deck description here for TappedOut. I explain in the "Why aren't you running ___?" section that I am not playing Darkest Hour simply because it is just too easy. It doesn't fit well with the kind of deck I am trying to build for my playgroup. I am thinking of adding a section related to my metagame here for more reference, so look for that in the future. Feel free to keep suggesting things, though! I love talking EDH and Teysa. :)
2 months ago
Might I suggest Darkest Hour for Spirit token loops?
2 months ago
For people on the "ban Doubling Season" hype train here. Here are all the commanders that go infinite with a single card:
- Animar, Soul of Elements + Ancestral Statue
- Arcum Dagsson + Paradox Engine
- Azami, Lady of Scrolls + Paradox Engine (with mana rocks)
- Brago, King Eternal + Strionic Resonator (with mana rocks)
- Captain Sisay + Paradox Engine (with mana dorks)
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress + Sage of Hours
- Inalla, Archmage Ritualist + Wanderwine Prophets
- Mairsil, the Pretender + Mirror-Mad Phantasm
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind + Curiosity or Ophidian Eye
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded + Genesis Chamber (with 0-drops and Aetherflux Reservoir)
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds + Umbral Mantle, Staff of Domination, or Paradox Engine
- Sydri, Galvanic Genius + Aetherflux Reservoir
- Teferi, Temporal Archmage + The Chain Veil (with mana rocks)
- Teysa, Orzhov Scion + Darkest Hour (with sac outlets)
- The Gitrog Monster + Dakmor Salvage (with a discard outlet)
Ad that's not even counting all the cards that are essentially a 1 card combo in and of themselves, like:
- Ad Nauseam
- Boonweaver Giant (with sac outlets)
- Hermit Druid
- Protean Hulk (Why did they unban this??)
Or all the commanders who win the game automatically if you can get a simple infinite mana combo off, which are too many to list here.
My point is that Commander is already super broken on a competitive level because the RC doesn't care about banning competitive cards. Having Doubling Season with PW commanders doesn't even come close to the level of broken that's already possible in EDH, and it would be stupid to ban it. (Especially since it's a lot harder to cheat out a 5 mana enchantment than a lot of the combos I listed above.)