|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put that card on the top or bottom of its owner's library instead of into that player's graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||fireborne1986 , Slowgod , brokendwarf , DudeMan1031 , Supremespeed , rockleemyhero , Justinaut , Hootiequack , DruneGrey , gildan_bladeborn , Ashy , acbooster , hippienproud , sonnet666 , MrCrazzyc , CampbellStev|
1 week ago
@frogkill45, I haven't had the chance to try Search for Azcanta Flip with mill yet, but it's been an absolute powerhouse in UW control as a 2 of. Even without flipping, I'm expecting the card filtering to be a huge boon, considering how quickly this deck turns into top-deck mode.
Ensnaring Bridge can definitely be tricky getting hand-size down in time. But, if you do get hand-size to 0-1 it's basically game over pre-sideboard. Because of this, I'd say mulliganing down to 6-5 is definitely a lot more attractive than it otherwise would be, otherwise you'd want to have at least one Archive Trap you can dump for free.
I'm getting the cards needed to have this and UW control built at the same time, so I'll let you know how Azcanta does in this build when I do. I'll keep an eye on bridge too and see how many games it helps vs Hinders.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Guenzbach I'm running Mindcrank Duskmantle Guildmage combo and Bonehoardin my current paper version. But that Fleet Swallower is something I really could try out because I can give it double strike with Fireshrieker :DDD Traumatize didn't make the cut cause it is just one spell and Szadek gets out of control so fast and I needed room for protective spells. Thanks for your suggestions for the deck I really need to think that Hinder /Tunnel Vision combo :)
1 month ago
If you want some combos try Spell Crumple/Hinder together with Tunnel Vision or do the Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension/Duskmantle Guildmage combo. They both are easy to get out and the cards are even useful when not assembled in their combo.
1 month ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
1 month ago
I really like this. A permission deck with the game plan to steal your opponent's strategy. The only thing I could recommend would be finding space for Peek so rhat you have little worry about Shared Fate not hitting.
2 months ago
Cancel is a terrible card even in a budget deck. Every other 3-mana counterspell is strictly better than it (Dissipate, Dissolve, Disallow, Hinder, Psychic Strike), and you should be playing only 1/2-mana counterspells anyway (Remand and Spell Snare may be a bit too expensive for your deck, but Mana Leak is pretty cheap).
And you really shouldn't play 5- and 6-mana cards in a deck that has only 22 lands, some of which ETB tapped. Decks that want to hit every land drop in the first 5 or 6 turns need to play 24-26 lands (but honestly, I think you should just drop Liliana and Oona and add more removal in their place. They're too weak for their mana cost)