Creature — Phoenix
When you cast your commander, return Skyfire Phoenix from your graveyard to the battlefield
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Skyfire Phoenix Discussion
3 months ago
I think a life-oriented phoenix is the best option, Garza's Assassin is the most similar, but I think red can flavorfully spend life like that, also if a Phoenix costs life to come back, I think it makes sense that it has other life-related abilities:
Creature - Phoenix
, Pay half your life, rounded up: Return Bloodflame Phoenix from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only during your upkeep.
I'd like to see another Phoenix, but neither a phoenix lord or a repeated method of return.
- Akoum Firebird - Landfall
- Arclight Phoenix - Storm
- Ashcloud Phoenix - Morph
- Bogardan Phoenix - Counter
- Chandra's Phoenix - Opponent dealt Damage from Instant/Sorcery or Chandra
- Everquill Phoenix - Mutate & Artifact Token
- Firestorm Phoenix - Delayed casting
- Firewing Phoenix - Mana cost
- Flamewake Phoenix - Ferocious
- Flame-Wreathed Phoenix - Tribute (very weak, why is this mythic?)
- Immortal Phoenix - No requirement
- Kuldotha Phoenix - Metalcraft
- Magma Phoenix - Mana cost
- Molten Firebird - Skip draw step
- Phoenix of Ash - Escape
- Rekindling Phoenix - Creature token
- Shard Phoenix - Mana cost with timeing restriction
- Shivan Phoenix - No requirement
- Skarrgan Firebird - Opponent dealt damage
- Skyfire Phoenix - Commander
- Spellpyre Phoenix - Cycling
- Warcry Phoenix - Battalion
- Worldheart Phoenix - cost
6 months ago
Hey, Worldgorger would make your deck unfair. Without it you could still play reanimation, but fair reanimation. There's nothing wrong with fair reanimation it can still be powerful and fast, it will just take longer to win a game. The upgrade would be to reanimate better budget creatures and add support creatures/other cards that can help reanimation. Reanimation would be one of the most simple of upgrades you could make by replacing subpar creatures with better ones to reanimate and subpar cards that only belong in a precon with better ones.
Glint-Horn Buccaneer can be an unfair creature with combos or just a fair creature who can repeatedly hurt your opponents, but not kill the table. Buccaneer is good with wheels because wheels make you discard all the cards in your hand which can be a lot. Repeatable wheels can really do a lot of damage to your opponents with Buccaneer. Wheels are good with reanimation. Could replace Scaretiller with Buccaneer.
Dragon Mage is an upgrade of a big creature to reanimate who can be a repeatable wheel. Chainer, Nightmare Adept is good with repeatable reanimation with Doomed and Apprentice Necromancers. Chainer is also amazing with Magus of the Wheel who can be a repeatable wheel effect. Could replace Boneyard Parley with Mage. If not playing Worldgorger then Bloodhall Priest is lackluster esspecially with wheels. Could replace Priest with Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion, who can be another repeatable wheel effect.
These are just a few examples of upgrades to expand on reanimation.
9 months ago
I've been wondering if there are commanders that want Skyfire Phoenix , as it seems like a fun card but not one that most commanders actually can use effectively. At least until we get a phoenix commander.