|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy all enchantments you don't control. Then, if you control an untapped land, destroy all enchantments you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||wizardpch , AllDayTayTay , a_murpheus , OneEyedKing|
|Want (17)||coadster , metalmagic , ToshiChan , LeahStormsFury , Orphanbeater , ph4se , RynBiffy , Babbers , mlouden03 , d3nnisV , yeoldsmithy , pumahands , mistarilledawn , MasterRoach117 , leova , fhobbit , Approximos|
Calming Verse Discussion
4 days ago
You can also go into a token based strategy as Estrid's untap ability can be pretty useful, though it might take some brewing to do, but it would definitely be unique!
Tuvasa is also a great commander if you really want to go the aggro route, I have a list here if you wanna check it out. It's been my most fun go to deck to play lately.
If you want any additional help feel free to let me know!
1 week ago
I like the overall idea of the deck, in fact I currently work on kind of a similar idea. Kitsune Mystic is a really sweet addition indeed since not only you can basically use it for moving around hexproof\shroud, but also for moving combat enchantments mid-combat on an unblocked creature, basically turning it into a 1-mana combat trick. However, I`d like to give couple of improvement suggestions.
1) The mana base is only 33 cards, which is extremely low. Such a scarcity of lands should have a solid reasoning, like a really solid one, for instance a ramp on the stick in form of the commander. The average agreed-upon amount is 37-38, and I do not see why this deck should be an exclusion.
2) Following up the mana base argument, I would suggest working on a ramp package, which is basically non-existing in a current version of the deck, and those cards that do ramp you are either conditional (like One with Nature ) or sub-par ( Utopia Vow ). Kestia is in , so not running ramp is a crime against humanity. I would include at least 7 more ramp cards, especially 2-mana ones, like Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder and Farseek . Ramp and better mana base provide much more consistency, and this deck is already very good with draw, so it just needs to have better chances to play the cards it has drawn. Also, just put Sol Ring in there. You would never regret it. It`s just too good.
3) The deck is overkill on creatures and enchantments. Now if the enchantments are not that much for a problem since the whole deck is built around them, and usually a deck should have around 30 cards of which it is themed around, the amount of creatures can be decreased. Now which of these should be cut is completely up to you, but in my opinion: - most of the bestow creatures are not as effective as you would want them to be. Most of them are either just sub-par cards ( Boon Satyr ) or just overpriced copies of enchantments that you already have in the deck (i. e. Hopeful Eidolon Ghostblade Eidolon Hypnotic Siren ); - Nylea's Colossus , although being a really sweet card, seems unreliable. 7 mana in a deck with virtually no ramp is just so far into the future, and you have to spend your whole turn to cast it. Plus, you already have a lot of enchantments, so pumping a dude to lethal numbers should be pretty easy already; - Celestial Ancient seems to lack synergy with the deck as a whole. I can see only 3 token producers and a Starfield of Nyx , which, by the way, is also a controversial inclusion since many enchantments in the deck are auras.
4) I would also try and squeeze in more unconditional removal. I see you have most of your removal in form of Pacifism type enchantments, that have better synergy with enchantresses, however I would argue that since you have so many enchantress type effects and enchantments in general that those cards can be swapped for more reliable and consistent removal like SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES Path to Exile and Return to dust. Also I`d also include couple more board wipes because they are basically your safety nets if you fall behind in the game. One sweet thing you can actually do is to include Calming Verse , Aura Thief and Cleansing Meditation , cast one of these along with Enchanted Evening and basically watch your opponents scoop as they lose all their stuff.
I have a lot more tunings to suggest, but they become much too subjective from here, so yeah, there you go.
1 month ago
Solemnity is a really strong card that shutdowns Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, Vorel of the Hull Clade, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed-Triskelion/Walking Ballista combo, Marchesa, the Black Rose reanimator and general infect decks. Since you're not running any of these strategies, swap in Solemnity. It comboes with Phyrexian Unlife (you can't die since you can't have poison counters), Lost Auramancers (that can be immediately killed with High Market to bring Decree of Silence so no one but you can play Magic), Glen Elendra Archmage (counter every single noncreature spell your opponents cast, since she can't have -1/-1 counters), Dark Depths (the land enters without counters, then immediately turns into Marit Lage - but she can still be easily Swords to Plowshares'd), Glacial Chasm (if it can't get counters, you can keep it forever to never be attacked), Mystic Remora (free draws for the rest of the game) and Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle (it enters as a creature). It also comboes with Elephant Grass (more pillowfort), Force Bubble, Delaying Shield and Kitchen Finks, but they're not that good on their own. However, you need to protect your combo pieces: Solemnity+Decree of Silence win combo cost a whopping 11 mana, and can be disrupted easily. So you need protection of targeted removal. Privileged Position, Sterling Grove and Greater Auramancy can do the trick, and the Grove doubles as a tutor. // Enchanted Evening comboes with Aura Thief+High Market, Cleansing Meditation, Calming Verse, Opalescence+Mirari's Wake (all opponents' lands will be 0/0s and will be put into the graveyard while yours will be 1/1s) and Serra's Sanctum. // Omniscience + an Enchantress + Approach of the Second Sun is a free win if uncountered. // If I can suggest some improvements on your manabase: Exotic Orchard, Rogue's Passage, Prairie Stream and Yavimaya Coast are cheap replacements for Thornwood Falls, Woodland Stream and 2 Islands. Weirding Wood is better than Gift of Paradise, because it can draw you a card via Clue. Card advantage is crucial in EDH, and you should run at least 6 sources of realiable draw. That's why I recommend you to run Mesa Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Kruphix's Insight, Mystic Remora, Rhystic Study, Sylvan Library (comboes with Abundance), Argothian Enchantress. // Eladamri's Call tutors your creatures. Ground Seal and Rest in Peace shutdown graveyard stategies. Open the Vaults is a really good budget replacement of Replenish and plays around Ground Seal (better replace Hanna, Ship's Navigator - she's too slow). Courser of Kruphix, Land Tax, Mirari's Wake, Burgeoning and Exploration are great ramp Leyline of Anticipation allows you to play on your opponents' turn. Copy Enchantment gives more utility. Search for Azcanta Flip fills the graveyard for Open the Vaults and easily flips into a good utility land. Seal of Primordium, Seal of Cleansing, Banishing Light, Stasis Snare, Cast Out, Prison Term, Act of Authority, Detention Sphere, Imprisoned in the Moon, Song of the Dryads, Grasp of Fate and Aura Shards take care of troublesome permanents. Energy Flux, Aura of Silence and Stony Silence deals with artifact decks. Austere Command, Wrath of God, Supreme Verdict and Cyclonic Rift are great boardwipes. Teferi's Protection is the best protection spell ever released. Karmic Justice and Martyr's Bond tell people to don't mess with you. Collective Restraint is another Propaganda effect (comboes with Prismatic Omen).
1 month ago
Matrixxx999 Hey, thanks! The reason I'm using Calming Verse instead of Cleansing Meditation is mostly about safety. Meditation is cheaper, but Threshold checks on resolution, not on cast. So someone might be able to exile my graveyard in response, whereas with Verse, if someone tried to untap my land, I could just tap it again.
The other reason is colour balance. 1WW is more restrictive than 3G, especially considering that I already have a lot of white costs in the deck. Verse allowed me to spread my mana around a bit more, allowing me more plays per turn. Also, in my deck, the only cards that really benefit from enchantments entering the battlefield (instead of them being cast) are Nylea's Colossus and Estrid's Invocation, both of which don't do a whole lot without Haste or other enchantments already present. In a W/B shell like Zur or something, I think Meditation might be superior to Verse. In this case, I prefer spending one extra mana for the added safety and less pressure on my coloured mana.
(I did try Meditation at first though, before I found Verse, and it worked basically fine. So it's a good suggestion, thanks!)
1 month ago
Hi! +1 from me!
2 months ago
6 months ago
- Back to Nature (all: enchantments)
- Calming Verse (opponent's/all: enchantments)
- Creeping Corrosion (all: artifacts)
- Essence Filter (all/nonwhite: enchantments)
- Hush (all: enchantments)
- Multani's Decree (all: enchantments)
- Primeval Light (single player: enchantments)
- Seeds of Innocence (all: artifacts)
- Serene Heart (all: auras)
- Tranquil Domain (all: non-auras)
- Tranquil Grove (all: enchantments)
- Tranquil Path (all: enchantments)
- Tranquility (all: enchantments)
- Wave of Vitriol (all: artifacts, enchantments, nonbasic lands)
6 months ago
You've got pieces for a few different strategies. Your deck could get a huge boost in power at the cost of a little versatility if you focus on just one or two.
Enchanted Evening does have some synergy with Avacyn, Angel of Hope or Ethereal Armor and can make the basis for a good Control/Resource Denial strategy but more likely than not its going to make your opponent's Merciless Eviction into a better Apocalypse unless you can abuse it with cards like Greater Auramancy, Cleansing Meditation, Calming Verse, Aura Thief, or Sterling Grove.
There's probably not enough card draw. You might want to run a few more enchantresses effects like Sram, Senior Edificer or Mesa Enchantress or straight up card draw like Rishkar's Expertise or Soul's Majesty