|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy all enchantments you don't control. Then, if you control an untapped land, destroy all enchantments you control.
Calming Verse Discussion
2 weeks ago
I've revised down my combo list to the following -
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Zulaport Cutthroat
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Walking Ballista
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Food Chain + Fervor
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Atarka, World Render
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Xenagos, God of Revels
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher + Combat Celebrant
- Triumph of the Hordes + Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
- Triumph of the Hordes + Atarka, World Render
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Combat Celebrant
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker + Zealous Conscripts
- Splinter Twin + Combat Celebrant
- Splinter Twin + Zealous Conscripts
- Sword of Feast and Famine + Hellkite Charger
- Sword of Feast and Famine + Bear Umbra
- Savage Ventmaw + Hellkite Charger
- Savage Ventmaw + Aggravated Assault
- Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood
- Helm of Obedience + Leyline of the Void
- Helm of the Host + Godo, Bandit Warlord + ( Panharmonicon + Hammer of Nazahn )
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth + ( Walking Ballista )
- Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth + ( Exsanguinate )
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers
I've also increased my ramp to literally half my deck (33 lands + 16 rocks = 49). I only have one tutorable card draw, Necropotence , but once it hits the boards it's all the card draw I need. Finally, I've added some more tutorable answers like -
Please let me know if y'all feel like I've made any improvement.
1 month ago
Heya phsycord alright I took a look into your deck list and to go reasonably within budget here are some cards that are part of the core "enchantress" package, you have most of them already so here are some additional ones.
Now going for your route of winning there are pretty much a couple ways of winning. In my personal taste I would go for the Enchanted Evening + Calming Verse / Cleansing Meditation / Aura Thief route. However that does require quite a bit of money invested into the deck, although it's really fun. The next way I would recommend is just to outvalue your opponents which can get really fun.
You are essentially going to be using certain cards to make tokens and smack people in the face. To protect yourself as well you will be using cards like:
- Blind Obedience
- Ghostly Prison
- Collective Restraint
- Lightmine Field
- Karmic Justice
- Frozen AEther
- Stony Silence
- Energy Flux
These enchantments will help you last the game longer as well as prevent people from attacking you forcibly. Next on the list of agendas is card advantage, you need a consistent flow of cards to keep on pumping. Mystic Remora and Rhystic Study are essentially auto-includes and too good to not use. Sylvan Library although it's fairly pricey is extremely good and would be a great investment.
Now for the ramp, you have most of the auras that matter to untap with Estrid. I would recommend cutting out the enchant lands that cost 4 cmc. You will need to curve out at 3 CMC for those types of ramp enchantments. Additionally you can add in Exploration , it's not needed, but it goes very well when your shitting out enchantments like no tomorrow.
For value cards all around, Wargate is one of the best card there is. You can grab any permanent and place it directly onto the battlefield. Estrid's Invocation and Copy Enchantment are great cards to use, especially Estrid's one as she retriggers itself every upkeep. Song of the Dryads as well as Darksteel Mutation are great hate cards to deal with things you can't really deal with in these colors/
Protection spells I would recommend are cards like Faith's Reward , Heroic Intervention , as well as Heroic Intervention . Lastly for land, since we have a lot of mana untappers, I would recommend grabbing up a Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx as it provides an substantial amount of mana.
Hope that helps! I'll probably add in more later on as it depends on the route you go for~
2 months ago
Yo meatman87, for a competitive Tuvasa Enchantress deck, I would definitely do some reworks and go a bit more into the taxing route. Some cards I would add in already that comes to mind is:
- Rhystic Study
- Greater Auramancy
- Fertile Ground
- Carpet of Flowers
- Energy Flux
- Ground Seal / Ashes of the Abhorrent
I would also reconsider adding in Mystic Remora , it is a great card that slows down other competitive players or force you to gain card draw which is important. You should also consider other avenues to winning with Tuvasa as your 3rd line to winning if all else fails. You can do something akin to Enchanted Evening / Aura Thief or Cleansing Meditation . Three part combo with that as well as Calming Verse / Faith's Reward / Teferi's Protection . Enchanted Evening also goes well to make infinite tokesn with Ajani's Chosen .
Another line you can also go for in the Blind Obedience + Bloom Tender / Pemmin's Aura / Freed from the Real infinite extortion win. There are also cards that don't make sense with the current build so these would be the cards I would recommend cutting.
- Open the Vaults
- Kruphix's Insight
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Sword of Feast and Famine
- Sword of Fire and Ice
- Rampage of the Clans
- True-Name Nemesis
- Thassa, God of the Sea
- Eternal Witness
- Aegis of the Gods
- Abundant Growth
- Gift of Paradise
- Steel of the Godhead
- Weirding Wood
- Fortified Village
- Port Town
The cards I mentioned above either doesn't have a place in the deck your going for or isn't further accelerating your game plan. What you want to do assuming is to accumulate resources and value ahead of your opponent while preventing them to do anything. I would also say that you wouldn't actually need JTMS, Mother of Runes or Noble Hierarch as they won't trigger your draw. You also might want to consider adding in a High Market to have a kill switch for your Academy Rector . You have a couple avenues of fetching for it in the forms of Crop Rotation as well as Wargate when you add the latter in. Sylvan Scrying might also not be a bad add in as it can fetch you your Reliquary Tower / Serra's Sanctum and if you want to consider adding in Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , those are all valuable targets.
Lemme know if you have any questions on the card reasoning or if somehting doesn't make sense to ya!~
2 months ago
2 months ago
Looks pretty good to me. Just keep in mind that removing 3/4th of your removal spells will potentially leave you at risk of just being pounded down in the early game, especially if you don't get the colors you need. Shouldn't matter too much in our 4 player games since we all play pretty slow decks.
I see that you are liking hexproof, and I like the creatures you chose, but keep in mind that hexproof won't do anything against the boardwipes that we all run.
Lastly, you really only have 1 single win condition in your deck. I personally like to have multiple possible win conditions. Your win condition is just making one big ass beefy hexproof creature, which is fine but consider some of the combos listed below for more possible win conditions.
If your opponents are judges, another wincon is to make their heads explode with the weird board states you end up with.
3 months ago
You can also go into a token based strategy as Estrid's untap ability can be pretty useful, though it might take some brewing to do, but it would definitely be unique!
Tuvasa is also a great commander if you really want to go the aggro route, I have a list here if you wanna check it out. It's been my most fun go to deck to play lately.
If you want any additional help feel free to let me know!
3 months ago
I like the overall idea of the deck, in fact I currently work on kind of a similar idea. Kitsune Mystic is a really sweet addition indeed since not only you can basically use it for moving around hexproof\shroud, but also for moving combat enchantments mid-combat on an unblocked creature, basically turning it into a 1-mana combat trick. However, I`d like to give couple of improvement suggestions.
1) The mana base is only 33 cards, which is extremely low. Such a scarcity of lands should have a solid reasoning, like a really solid one, for instance a ramp on the stick in form of the commander. The average agreed-upon amount is 37-38, and I do not see why this deck should be an exclusion.
2) Following up the mana base argument, I would suggest working on a ramp package, which is basically non-existing in a current version of the deck, and those cards that do ramp you are either conditional (like One with Nature ) or sub-par ( Utopia Vow ). Kestia is in , so not running ramp is a crime against humanity. I would include at least 7 more ramp cards, especially 2-mana ones, like Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder and Farseek . Ramp and better mana base provide much more consistency, and this deck is already very good with draw, so it just needs to have better chances to play the cards it has drawn. Also, just put Sol Ring in there. You would never regret it. It`s just too good.
3) The deck is overkill on creatures and enchantments. Now if the enchantments are not that much for a problem since the whole deck is built around them, and usually a deck should have around 30 cards of which it is themed around, the amount of creatures can be decreased. Now which of these should be cut is completely up to you, but in my opinion: - most of the bestow creatures are not as effective as you would want them to be. Most of them are either just sub-par cards ( Boon Satyr ) or just overpriced copies of enchantments that you already have in the deck (i. e. Hopeful Eidolon Ghostblade Eidolon Hypnotic Siren ); - Nylea's Colossus , although being a really sweet card, seems unreliable. 7 mana in a deck with virtually no ramp is just so far into the future, and you have to spend your whole turn to cast it. Plus, you already have a lot of enchantments, so pumping a dude to lethal numbers should be pretty easy already; - Celestial Ancient seems to lack synergy with the deck as a whole. I can see only 3 token producers and a Starfield of Nyx , which, by the way, is also a controversial inclusion since many enchantments in the deck are auras.
4) I would also try and squeeze in more unconditional removal. I see you have most of your removal in form of Pacifism type enchantments, that have better synergy with enchantresses, however I would argue that since you have so many enchantress type effects and enchantments in general that those cards can be swapped for more reliable and consistent removal like SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES Path to Exile and Return to dust. Also I`d also include couple more board wipes because they are basically your safety nets if you fall behind in the game. One sweet thing you can actually do is to include Calming Verse , Aura Thief and Cleansing Meditation , cast one of these along with Enchanted Evening and basically watch your opponents scoop as they lose all their stuff.
I have a lot more tunings to suggest, but they become much too subjective from here, so yeah, there you go.
4 months ago
Solemnity is a really strong card that shutdowns Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, Vorel of the Hull Clade, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed-Triskelion/Walking Ballista combo, Marchesa, the Black Rose reanimator and general infect decks. Since you're not running any of these strategies, swap in Solemnity. It comboes with Phyrexian Unlife (you can't die since you can't have poison counters), Lost Auramancers (that can be immediately killed with High Market to bring Decree of Silence so no one but you can play Magic), Glen Elendra Archmage (counter every single noncreature spell your opponents cast, since she can't have -1/-1 counters), Dark Depths (the land enters without counters, then immediately turns into Marit Lage - but she can still be easily Swords to Plowshares'd), Glacial Chasm (if it can't get counters, you can keep it forever to never be attacked), Mystic Remora (free draws for the rest of the game) and Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle (it enters as a creature). It also comboes with Elephant Grass (more pillowfort), Force Bubble, Delaying Shield and Kitchen Finks, but they're not that good on their own. However, you need to protect your combo pieces: Solemnity+Decree of Silence win combo cost a whopping 11 mana, and can be disrupted easily. So you need protection of targeted removal. Privileged Position, Sterling Grove and Greater Auramancy can do the trick, and the Grove doubles as a tutor. // Enchanted Evening comboes with Aura Thief+High Market, Cleansing Meditation, Calming Verse, Opalescence+Mirari's Wake (all opponents' lands will be 0/0s and will be put into the graveyard while yours will be 1/1s) and Serra's Sanctum. // Omniscience + an Enchantress + Approach of the Second Sun is a free win if uncountered. // If I can suggest some improvements on your manabase: Exotic Orchard, Rogue's Passage, Prairie Stream and Yavimaya Coast are cheap replacements for Thornwood Falls, Woodland Stream and 2 Islands. Weirding Wood is better than Gift of Paradise, because it can draw you a card via Clue. Card advantage is crucial in EDH, and you should run at least 6 sources of realiable draw. That's why I recommend you to run Mesa Enchantress, Verduran Enchantress, Kruphix's Insight, Mystic Remora, Rhystic Study, Sylvan Library (comboes with Abundance), Argothian Enchantress. // Eladamri's Call tutors your creatures. Ground Seal and Rest in Peace shutdown graveyard stategies. Open the Vaults is a really good budget replacement of Replenish and plays around Ground Seal (better replace Hanna, Ship's Navigator - she's too slow). Courser of Kruphix, Land Tax, Mirari's Wake, Burgeoning and Exploration are great ramp Leyline of Anticipation allows you to play on your opponents' turn. Copy Enchantment gives more utility. Search for Azcanta Flip fills the graveyard for Open the Vaults and easily flips into a good utility land. Seal of Primordium, Seal of Cleansing, Banishing Light, Stasis Snare, Cast Out, Prison Term, Act of Authority, Detention Sphere, Imprisoned in the Moon, Song of the Dryads, Grasp of Fate and Aura Shards take care of troublesome permanents. Energy Flux, Aura of Silence and Stony Silence deals with artifact decks. Austere Command, Wrath of God, Supreme Verdict and Cyclonic Rift are great boardwipes. Teferi's Protection is the best protection spell ever released. Karmic Justice and Martyr's Bond tell people to don't mess with you. Collective Restraint is another Propaganda effect (comboes with Prismatic Omen).
Calming Verse occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%