Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith
Legendary Creature — Goblin Artificer
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a colourless Equipment artifact token named Rock with "Equipped creature has ', , Sacrifice Rock: This creature deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker'" and equip .
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
4 months ago
Swords all day, any day! Giving your opponent a land is a very dangerous thing in today's EDH environment; a chunk of life, even upwards of 6 or so, is fairly negligible.
Swords also costs like half the price (USD), has great art even in the most basic versions of it, and has a beautiful name.
But back to practical application: although some might argue Path'ing your own Ornithopter T1 is a great ramp sequence, especially since it can be done in White, that loses you not only a creature but also a removal spell for the later game! Unless you're specifically trying to pull off some tricky Feather, the Redeemed or Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith maneuver, you're better off with Swords almost every time. IN MY OPINION
4 months ago
I feel like you may be a bit too all in on cards like Poison-Tip Archer. It really feels like you're trying to play aristocrats, but Jund just isn't the best combo for it. Your deck can make decent amount of tokens, but most of these death triggers require actual creatures to be dying and you only run 26, most of which are cards you don't actually want to sacrifice. You also aren't even running nearly enough sacrifice outlets, certainly your commander makes a good sacrifice outlet, but 3 mana is a lot to pay if you plan to do so repeatedly across the course of the game, and this commander is fragile to removal and will get costly quickly.
I'd likely cut down on cards like Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith, Anax, Hardened in the Forge, and Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper. Then focus more on value generation, cheap cards that generate more resources. Such as Mycosynth Wellspring, Ichor Wellspring, Goldspan Dragon, Tireless Tracker, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, and Courser of Kruphix.
7 months ago
Great deck! +1. I have a Ich-Tekik, Salvage Splicer + Rebbec, Architect of Ascension golem tribal, "regular" Commander deck, which is cool and all, but you using Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith makes me jealous anyway, lol! =D
I like a lot of your card choices, but I feel that I should point out a few things I noticed in your description, if you don't mind:
- In the "About Rocks" section, you mentioned planeswalkers, but there are no planeswalkers in pauper, or pEDH, iirc.
- In that same section you also mentioned letting your commanders use the rocks, however, that will unfortunately NOT generate Commander damage. Commander damage is dealt via combat damage only, therefore any damage your commander does otherwise is just considered regular, boring old damage. Even if that damage is dealt by your Commander during the combat phase, it still wouldn't be Commander damage unless it was dealt to a blocker/player during the "Damage Resolution Step" of the combat phase.
- In the "Golems" section, you said that you usually move Modular counters from your Arcbound creatures to Itchy-Tekky, but unfortunately that also does not work. Arcbound creatures can only put their counters on another artifact creature when they die, and Itchy is not an artifact creature, and therefore cannot be the recipient of those counters.
Beyond that, I like what I see here! Nice first attempt at PDH! If you want to dig deeper into Pauper EDH, check out the Pauper EDH Primer, the Compendium (both of which are maintained by PDH legends Podkomorka and Ruffigan) and my own List of Lists (which contains resources for PDH and every other format).
8 months ago
There aren't any good commanders that tutor like Golos, so I figure the commander needs to give the deck a win-con outside of Field of the Dead or Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle. Thrasios churns through the deck and leaves room for a partner so that's what I'm focusing on the most.
I'll make a deck list public if I come up with anything good!
10 months ago
Hey, you're welcome. If you want more advice from me I would rather give it here.
Some changes to consider based on the card suggestions in my last comment.
- Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist --> Flickerwisp
- Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith --> Ironclad Slayer
- Fighter Class --> Faith Unbroken
- Open the Armory --> Introduction to Prophecy
- Akiri, Fearless Voyager --> Venerable Warsinger
- Colossus Hammer --> Bonesplitter
- Empyrial Plate --> Haunted Cloak
- Zephyr Boots --> Mask of Avacyn
- Arcane Signet --> Liquimetal Torque
- Sun Titan --> Late to Dinner
- Thought Vessel --> Pressure Point
- Mistveil Plains --> Plains
- Battlefield Forge --> Mountain
- Furycalm Snarl --> Plains
- Axgard Armory --> Plains
These changes would increase interactions with equipment, include equipment tutors, more ramp and better reanimation.
10 months ago
Hey, nice overall upgrade of the precon on a very low budget.
Wyleth is much better as a Commander than Bruenor because Wyleth can draw cards which is more powerful as a repeatable ability than Bruenor's pump as well as only being able to equip once for free. Drawing cards in Boros can be more difficult than with other colors thus if your Commander can repeatedly draw then that's an advantage that Boros can really benefit from. You can get reduced equip costs or even free equip from other cards.
With Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist at combat on your turn you can equip all equipment you control for free to Wyleth which is nice with Colossus Hammer . Ardenn has excellent interaction with Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith 's Rocks which are equipment that's created when a land you control ETB. Toggo creates free equipment and Ardenn lets you equip it all to Wyleth for free.
Fighter Class is first an equipment tutor and then you can pay three mana for level 2 which reduces all equipment equip cost by two mana. Level 2 and Level 3 effects are static, after you pay mana the first time. With Level 2 you can pay three mana again to further reduce the cost of equipment another two mana, etc. If you pay five mana for level 3 then you don't lose the effects of level 2. Level 3 can be repeatable creature removal of your choice of opponent blocker when Wyleth attacks.
Akiri, Fearless Voyager is more repeatable draw with equipped creatures as well as a repeatable way to save Wyleth for one mana from many board wipes, other removal and in combat by giving him indestructible. Arcane Signet is a staple mana rock in Commander. Sun Titan is versatile repeatable reanimation of any 3 CMC or less permanent which includes Wyleth.
Pair Empyrial Plate with Thought Vessel to make Wyleth huge and a threat to win by doing evasion Commander damage. Zephyr Boots is a one drop equipment that can give Wyleth flying evasion as well as repeatable loot.
Consider cutting a few basic lands for more Boros dual lands as well as some utility lands? Mistveil Plains combos with Sunforger to keep casting instants since Mistveil puts an instant from graveyard back into your library to then cast again with Sunforger. Battlefield Forge and Furycalm Snarl are budget duals that can ETB untapped and Axgard Armory can be an equipment tutor.
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
11 months ago
Thoughts on these? Curse of Opulence , Gamble , Flamekin Harbinger , Possibility Storm , Dust Corona , Scroll Rack , Sensei's Divining Top , Elemental Mastery , Dragonstorm , Knollspine Dragon , Nesting Dragon , Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith , Rapacious One
11 months ago
Hey, nice changes. Boros Signet is an upgrade for Solemn Simulacrum which at 4 CMC is too high for a ramp source. You can abuse Sunforger with Mistveil Plains which is an upgrade for Temple of Triumph .
Some haste enablers to try out:
- Escape Velocity : Wyleth also works with auras and while they're not as reliable as equips there's some exceptions such as auras that can return themselves from your graveyard with escape.
- Lightning Greaves : is worth playing because of it's 0 equip cost. Just equip another creature before you want to add more equips to Wyleth and then when done equip Wyleth with Greaves.
- Ring of Valkas : after giving haste can grow Wyleth on your turn each turn.
The interaction of Puresteel Paladin + Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith is very good with Wyleth. Toggo creates equipment (Rocks) for free with landfall. Each time a Rock is created it triggers Puresteel to draw. Rocks help or three of them can activate metalcraft and can then 0 equip all Rocks to Wyleth.
Some other cards that could be cut for better options:
- Oblivion Ring
- Return to Dust
- Fires of Invention : only being able to cast spells during your turn is too much a drawback in Commander.
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Sword of Body and Mind : the worst Sword when opponents have 99 card decks.
- Luminous Broodmoth
- Osgir, the Reconstructor : needs it own dedicated deck as Commander.
- Zirda, the Dawnwaker