|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Whenever you cast a colorless spell, Molten Nursery deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Molten Nursery Discussion
2 months ago
Also I think putting Red in here would truly benefit the deck because of a number of cards:
7 months ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
8 months ago
This looks pretty nice! Ive got a few suggestions that I think would improve it slightly.
That being said, Ensoul Artifact should be at least a two-of, mostly so you can try to bait control into removing or countering something not crucial to your wincon. It also gets around Fatal Push (not Path to Exile, unfortunately, but youd get a free land at least), a must for a deck that doesnt have anything else that cant be pushed.
In terms of the combo itself, Id add Battered Golem as a two of, replacing some of your other pieces (just for more diversity), and replace Reckless Fireweaver with Altar of the Brood. Altar is simply cheaper, harder to remove, and doesnt require any colored mana.
Also, I think you were into something with Grapeshot. Youve got to pay for it the turn you go off, but its far superior to Molten Nursery in terms of efficiency. Its only two mana, can still be cast for infinite damage, and even cant be countered by most spells, due to storm.
In terms of cards to cut, Accorder's Shield for the Relic, and Izzet Charm for scissors. As previously stated, Reckless Fireweaver should be replaced with Altar of the Brood, and at least three Molten Nursery with Grapeshots.
On a separate note, I like the use of Zephyr Scribe as a combo piece. Dont see that card often.
Thats my two cents, good luck with this deck!
9 months ago
I cant help but feel like this deck would be perfectly suited to Pauper. Replacing Molten Nursery is all it would take. It could also give you access to a lot of the better cantrips in blue over anticipate and strong counter magic to protect the combo.
11 months ago
Interesting idea you have. Hope it works out for you. +1
1 year ago
1 year ago
Thank you! I've been struggling with a deck idea with the implements and sac outlets, but now that I've got at least a couple copies of Pia's Revolution I can start out on building the deck.A few things I'm going to try (heads up: this coming before having played it yet; just some initial ideas): I'd rather a little more firepower than trickery, so I'm going +2 Freejam Regent and -2 Marionette. Also, since my collection is lacking (I really need more copies of Revolution and Trawler), I'm trying Molten Nursery, Flayer Drone, and Sly Requisitioner to get more bang-for-my-artifacts.
1 year ago
I played against a UR combo deck that would ping you with Molten Nursery or Nettle Drone. The idea is to play 0 CMC artifacts like Tormod's Crypt to trigger the Nursery or Drone, then you bounce the artifact with Retraction Helix or Banishing Knack.
The most expensive part of this, or any deck, will be the lands. If you opt to go for cheaper lands then you will greatly decrease the cost of the deck.