|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Whenever you cast a colorless spell, Molten Nursery deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Molten Nursery Discussion
2 months ago
The slate is almost ready... I just want to know which is good out of the following, & which is bad, as well as whether or not Pristine Angel + Concerted Effort + Empty-Shrine Kannushi/Pledge of Loyalty is a legitamite combo that works, & can even deal with Multicolor, & Creature Types regardless of Color.
Which of these do you recommend? I'm adding my last adds before shaving off whole KGs off this deck...
2 months ago
Here are the cards I found that are in such a color:
Which do you think would be good for my Boros Deck? Also I omitted Eldrazi Displacer as it is a standard for this deck anyway.
Also, one last question, Since my Kozilek Deck is doing nothing but fail the meter, do you think I should run a 5Color Commander, & if so, what?
5 months ago
I like this combo mainly because of the flexibility in the cards you can combo off with. One 0 mana artifact (Welding Jar probably being the best, Herbal Poultice, or the creatures), one creature that untaps when the artifact ETBs (there are 5 different creatures that do this: Battered Golem, Nettle Drone, Zephyr Scribe if you use a non-creature artifact, Traxos, Scourge of Kroog which is also a wincon on its own, and Mirran Spy), one card that has an ability that triggers whenever a permanent, artifact or creature if you use them enters the battlefield (Molten Nursery, Altar of the Brood, Impact Tremors, or Nettle Drone does it as well), and Retraction Helix or Banishing Knack.
I think that adding red gives you some good options like Nettle Drone and Molten Nursery. I also think that you should run on average 6 of each of the combo pieces. Welding Jar and Herbal Poultice I think are better than Ornithopter and Memnite as they protect the combo. This is probably better than the nut draw of getting the combo out on turn 3.
8 months ago
Also I think putting Red in here would truly benefit the deck because of a number of cards:
1 year ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
1 year ago
This looks pretty nice! Ive got a few suggestions that I think would improve it slightly.
That being said, Ensoul Artifact should be at least a two-of, mostly so you can try to bait control into removing or countering something not crucial to your wincon. It also gets around Fatal Push (not Path to Exile, unfortunately, but youd get a free land at least), a must for a deck that doesnt have anything else that cant be pushed.
In terms of the combo itself, Id add Battered Golem as a two of, replacing some of your other pieces (just for more diversity), and replace Reckless Fireweaver with Altar of the Brood. Altar is simply cheaper, harder to remove, and doesnt require any colored mana.
Also, I think you were into something with Grapeshot. Youve got to pay for it the turn you go off, but its far superior to Molten Nursery in terms of efficiency. Its only two mana, can still be cast for infinite damage, and even cant be countered by most spells, due to storm.
In terms of cards to cut, Accorder's Shield for the Relic, and Izzet Charm for scissors. As previously stated, Reckless Fireweaver should be replaced with Altar of the Brood, and at least three Molten Nursery with Grapeshots.
On a separate note, I like the use of Zephyr Scribe as a combo piece. Dont see that card often.
Thats my two cents, good luck with this deck!
1 year ago
I cant help but feel like this deck would be perfectly suited to Pauper. Replacing Molten Nursery is all it would take. It could also give you access to a lot of the better cantrips in blue over anticipate and strong counter magic to protect the combo.
1 year ago
Interesting idea you have. Hope it works out for you. +1