|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Crumble to Dust
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Exile target nonbasic land. Search its controller's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with the same name as that land and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||NOGzFTW , , sirbar , TheDuggernaught , bakeraj4 , darthnuchi , MattN7498 , PTsmitty , thekingpinBR , Tommuz , buildingadeck , TheRealPeaches , saj0219 , MythicWinter111 , tlhunter07 , gildan_bladeborn|
Crumble to Dust Discussion
4 days ago
If I went all-in on Tireless Tracker, I think Ramunap Excavator would probably be a must-add. As it is though, there's just not quite enough value in Tracker to do that (mostly because she loses half her value when Blood Moon is out). I had never thought about Excavator though (even though I played it for a while in Standard), so thanks!
Ghost Quarter is a great card for sure, but it doesn't really work in Ponza. For one thing, the deck generally doesn't need more Land Destruction ... it's not really a dedicated LD deck, it's more that it just uses LD as an early game Tempo play, giving us the time we need to ramp into big beaters. Plus, we need the Ramp ourselves, so if we actually wanted more LD (some do), we're better off with Molten Rain, Crumble to Dust, or Acidic Slime than something that sets us back on Mana too. Finally, it's a non-bo with Blood Moon ... and sure, Kessig Wolf Run is too, but Wolf Run has way more value for this deck.
4 days ago
Welcome to Ponza!
Frankly, this list looks extremely solid ... a really good "default" list, which you can then tune to satisfy your local meta or personal playstyle. For example, I go anywhere from 0-4x Bonfire in the 75 and 0-2x Thrun in the 75, depending on meta. I also go anywhere from 0-4x Stone Rain in the main, swapping in cards like Kitchen Finks, Courser of Kruphix, and Tireless Tracker.
Some thoughts on the sideboard: I love Sudden Shock vs. Infect, but I like Lightning Bolt in all other cases. I'm also a huge fan of Trinisphere for lots of tough match-ups. And I've moved to Tormod's Crypt lately because it's the only think fast enough to stop Vengevine. I also always consider Crumble to Dust and Magus of the Moon too, to make good match-ups even easier.
Bottom line though: I would not necessarily recommend any of these changes at this point ... this is really just stuff to think about, as you tune the deck over time.
1 week ago
Yeah, you definitely need more 4-ofs, especially mana ramp. 4 Lightning Bolts is probably the most obvious thing to add in after that.
You might also want to lower the mana costs on your mana ramp. Llanowar Elves is good, and you have that. Search for Tomorrow, Sakura-Tribe Elder, and Arbor Elf + Utopia Sprawl/Fertile Ground/Overgrowth can go a long way as well. Arbor Elf also works in conjunction with Cinder Glade and Stomping Ground.
I've been thinking about R/G Dragons for a while now, just been waiting on the prices of some cards to come down. I think if you're on an unlimited budget, the list to play is something like:
4x Anger of the Gods
4x Search for Tomorrow
3x Blood Moon
4x Utopia Sprawl
1x Chandra, Flamecaller
1x Garruk, Primal Hunter / green planeswalker
4x Lightning Bolt
25 Other Spells
1x Blood Moon
1x Crumble to Dust
3x Destructive Revelry
1x Molten Rain
3x Obstinate Baloth
1x Thrun, the Last Troll
15 Sideboard Cards
You spend the first couple of turns ramping up and board wiping your opponents' threats, then finish them off with hasty dragons that are hard to remove.
1 week ago
If the format were full of aggressive decks and I didn't have the combo I probably wouldn't have Bob here, but right neither of those things are true. Against other midrange or control decks the life loss is largely irrelevant and against aggro decks I throw him away as a blocker. I actually did flip an Emrakul, the Aeons Torn off Bob the other day for the first time. I was playing against Tron, dropped from 19 life all the way to 4. Still managed to win that game, turn 3 I flipped another Bob and dropped to 2 life so I played the Liliana of the Veil from my hand and did the edict on myself, then turn 4 hit his Urza's Tower with my Crumble to Dust.
1 week ago
Along lines that might be better for balance, maybe Sinkhole and replace Archfiend of Depravity with Anowon, the Ruin Sage since tron only wants one thing out anyway. I would also consider cutting Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger for some other large colorless creature that is still scary but isn't so oppressive, or you could add in some of the black exile spells like Hour of Glory or Sever the Bloodline.
1 month ago
True about the non-bo with some of your powerful cards. It would have to be a bit more match dependent than opponent just having a greedy manabase. Perhaps you would need to be on the play, then board out Nocturnus and add 2 SB creatures in addition to Blood Moon. Fortunately, you have 12 chances to hit 2 swamps. Hypergeometric calculator says 64% chance of that by draw 3 which isn't bad considering the 80% chance of having 3 lands on draw 3 to begin with. Curious if Fulminator Mage or Crumble to Dust would be better options.
1 month ago
Hey! I just started playing recently and after realizing I wasn't even halfway to finishing my Jund deck, I decided to flesh out a similar Rakdos control deck to yours. I like your list, especially Beseech the Queen which I may very well add to my own deck as a 1 of. It's nice for finding that 3rd or 4th Demigod of Revenge.
I would recommend going up to 2x Crumble to Dust in your sideboard. Without any other land destruction, I feel like you will really want to see this vs Tron and even vs UW control. Another possible alternative is Shatterstorm over By Force. If you like the ability to play it on 2 or 3, maybe try a 1-1 split between the two to see which serves you better when you sideboard it in. Vandalblast or Shattering Spree are options as well, though I understand Shattering Spree isn't the cheapest of cards. That being said, being able to pay just 1 to destroy 1 artifact is nice.
One last suggestion is depending on your meta, adding in a 1x or 2x Devour Flesh to your mainboard might be alright vs something like Death's Shadow and it's alright vs boggles until they get out Leyline of Sanctity as well. You can always slot it out if you don't need it in the matchup, or use it on yourself for the life gain in the most dire of situations.
2 months ago
Ok, after everyone's comments, here are my thoughts ...
GOOD MATCH-UPS (Bant Knightfall, UW Control, GBx Midrange, Jeskai Control, Death's Shadow): Mainboard is fine; no sideboard slots needed.
- Ancient Grudge, if I end up using some number of Trinisphere too.
- Ancient Grudge + Shatterstorm, if I don't use Trin'
- Obstinate Baloth (putting one back into the main) and Kitchen Finks (in the side)
- Maybe some Trinisphere.
- The more I think about it, the more I think Beast Within is the key. Say an opponent casts Scapeshift and sacrifices 7 Lands to fetch 6 Mountains (basics and non-basics) and a Valakut. All the Lands enter simultaneously and 6 Valakut triggers go on the stack. With the triggers on the stack, I kill a Mountain. The trigger from that Mountain will resolve and I'll take 3 damage. But the triggers from the other 5 Mountains fizzle, since "the ability will do nothing if [my opponent controls] fewer than 5 Mountains other than that new one by the time it resolves" (source).
- Beast Within is also superb against a resolved Primeval Titan.
- I might be able to catch an inexperienced pilot with Crumble to Dust, but an experienced pilot will wait until the last second (i.e., fetching them with Scapeshift) to play their Valakut. Crumble may still be worthwhile though ... partly for free wins against less experienced pilots, but mostly because hitting Stomping Ground will leave most decks with only 10 Mountains ... depending on the board state, that will often not be enough for lethal.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Engineered Explosives and Reclamation Sage to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
ELDRAZI AND Gx TRON:
- I'm excited to try Crumble to Dust here.
- Blood Moon is of course amazing in the match-up, but post-board they will almost certainly have Ratchet Bomb, Nature's Claim, etc. to deal with it. Still, Blood moon #5 may be worthwhile.
- Beast Within for Devoted Druid and Vizier of Remedies
- Anger of the Gods, for everything else.
- For Counters CoCo: Druid and Vizier demand answers. Renegade Rallier and Eternal Witness makes Exile effects much better.
- For Valuetown CoCo: 7x Manadorks, Ramunap Excavator, and Knight of the Reliquary complicate the Land Destruction plan.
- As with any White deck, I need to watch out for Blessed Alliance post-board. Burrenton Forge-Tender, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Reclamation Sage and Qasali Pridemage could make an appearance as well.
- 3x Trinisphere to slow them down or Eidolon of the Great Revel to kill them
- 1x Anger of the Gods for Goblin Electromancer and Baral, Chief of Compliance
The bottom line (for now anyways) ...
Main: 1x Obstinate Baloth