Creature — Human Warrior
At the beginning of your end step, bolster X, where X is the number of tapped creatures you control. (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you control and put X +1/+1 counters on it.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dragonscale General Discussion
1 month ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions that may be useful to you.
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit (puts counters on everything that enters)
- Yawgmoth, Thran Physician (he can allow you to get creature dies triggers, put counters on creatures, and even proliferate the counters)
- Anointed Procession (more tokens)
- Carrion Feeder (a sac outlet to get triggers off of Felisa when you want the tokens, and in response puts counters so you can eventually sac it.)
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose (holy crap the synergy puts counters whenever things die which is often for the Felisa triggers, and eventually can die itself to put out an insane amount of tokens from its ability and Felisa's)
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (will generate a ton of tokens for when it dies)
- Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar : Mana generating sac outlets so you can have Felisa triggers and get mana off of them)
- Cordial Vampire (there are quite a few vampires in the deck and this can allow this creature and other vampires benefit off of when your stuff dies which will be often for Felisa triggers, and by benefit I mean put even more counters to continue the process)
- Dragonscale General (you run a ton of creatures and this can take that and put a ton of counters on everything because of it)
- Gleam of Authority (since you'll be putting a ton of counters on things this can make a huge creature and also give other creatures more counters if necessary). High Sentinels of Arashin is sort of similar.
- Light of the Legion (fun card to use, helps put counters and even puts more when you kill it for tokens)
- Luminarch Aspirant (easy and quick way to get some recurring counters every turn)
There might be some more (I was sifting through the gatherer with a few parameters and found the stuff above, maybe you can find some too! If you want to pick up where I left off, I stopped around halfway through page 2 where Luminarch Aspirant is. Anyway though, hope this helps, be sure to check out some of my decks and drop an upvote if you like them, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Cheers!
1 year ago
Surprisingly few bomb Humans to cheat out in -.
Fireflux Squad: Token polymorph. I'm aware attack triggers won't immediately work with stuff cheated out by Winota.
Moggcatcher: Some more inter-tribal support
1 year ago
Then why not go full flavour and include Dragonscale General instead. Reyhan before she became Khan of Abzan! The art is her alternate from the Abzan precon.
2 years ago
2 years ago
Okay so just going through my list here, I can split it into a couple lists: counter producers, counter enhancers, and counter synergies.
Counter producers give +1/+1 counters to things. Among them are Anafenza, the Foremost, Bloodtracker, Chasm Skulker, Daghatar the Adamant, Dragonscale General, Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Hangarback Walker, Heroes' Bane, Managorger Hydra, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Prime Speaker Zegana, Toothy, Imaginary Friend Citadel Siege, Curse of Predation, Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants, Cathars' Crusade, Echoes of the Kin Tree, and finally, arguably the best of this group, Ajani, Mentor of Heroes.
Counter enhancers increase the counters placed on things: Gilder Bairn, Pir, Imaginative Rascal, Vorel of the Hull Clade, Winding Constrictor, Doubling Season, Hardened Scales, Primal Vigor, and Solidarity of Heroes.
Boy oh boy do I hope that's enough to get ya started. There you go.
2 years ago
To start off: Hardened Scales, Bear Umbra and Ordeal of Nylea. You do allot with just one counter, make use of it! And bear umbra or ordeal of nylea not only means counters but also a free extra Jenara abilities each turn.
Then we have allot of +1/+1 synergy in this deck, but allot of them are single use or difficult to get.
- Ninth Bridge Patrol is by no means terrible, but we don't have token generators let alone sacrifice outlets, so what about Cathars' Crusade? We want to grow, not compensate when we shrink!
- Hunt the Weak, forget the counter and go for Nature's Way. Same concept but cheaper and more diverse.
- Obsessive Skinner is decent, but you could also take Forgotten Ancient
- Ajani, Caller of the Pride would be a direct upgrade to Ajani, Valiant Protector in my opinion. And while you have some flavor for the valiant protector that we will now lose, that's ok;
Because what about Collective Effort for multiple purposes. Orzhov Advokist to play it politically. Hadana's Climb, Dragonscale General, Master Biomancer, Tuskguard CaptainVerdurous Gearhulk, Increasing Savagery and ow Kalonian Hydra!
2 years ago
Played it a little tonight. Hardened Scales combos very well with Outlast and Dragonscale General. Outlast and get 2 +1/+1 counters. Having at least 1 tapped creature triggers Dragonscale General's Bolster ability, giving at least 2 more +1/+1 counters to a creature. Creatures can get pretty big, pretty fast.
3 years ago
Buffing up creatures? Sounds like a great game plan. Most +1/+1 counter decks use Winding Constrictor and are thus Golgari/Abzan, but I think a Selesnya deck could still be competitive. Here's a few suggestions:
-Dromoka's Command: It's a card that has multiple uses, fits the colors and the scheme, and provides enchantment removal.
-Lead by Example: An instant which can be used to buff up creatures for both surprise attacks/blocks and in response to direct damage (people will try to remove your centerpieces, so this card is handy)
-Inspiring Call: An instant that provides both protection and card draw. What's not to like?
-Citadel Siege + Durable Handicraft: Both of these enchantments provide more opportunities to put +1/+1 counters on your creatures.
-Ainok Bond-Kin + Cenn's Tactician: These creatures provide LOTS of benefit for having creatures with counters on them.
In addition, when working with +1/+1 counters (I normally use Abzan colors, but still) I like to use Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, Dragonscale General, Elite Scaleguard, Scute Mob, and Tuskguard Captain. Honored Hierarch is also good at getting mana ramp into bigger and bigger plays.
If you want any more suggestions, or feedback, head over to my wall and leave me a comment. I'll be happy to look at this deck. Great job, definitely a +1 :)