Valduk, Keeper of the Flame
Legendary Creature — Human Shaman
At the beginning of combat on your turn, for each Aura and Equipment attached to Valduk, Keeper of the Flame, create a 3/1 red Elemental creature token with trample and haste. Exile those tokens at the beginning of the next end step.
|Have (2)||BlueEyedBeast43 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Valduk, Keeper of the Flame Discussion
8 months ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Wyleth, Soul of Steel , Empyrial Plate , Kemba, Kha Regent , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , Loyal Apprentice , Skyknight Vanguard , Koll, the Forgemaster , Captain's Claws , Haazda Marshal , Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer , Fireshrieker , Gorgon's Head , Blackblade Reforged , Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin , Bone Saw , Bonesplitter
8 months ago
Hiya! Long time Boros player here. Your list seems like a good start, but there are 2 main areas that I think it can be improved on.
1) Removal- Your deck is very lacking in removal. This is gonna lead to games where you won't be able to deal with threats and/or you won't be able to reset the board. I'd say you want 10-12 pieces of removal, with 4-5 of those being baord wipes. Akiri especially synergizes with board wipes since she's able to turn them into one-sided board wipes with her protection ability.
2) Creature choice- Akiri encourages you to have multiple creatures and suit each one up with at least 1 equipment. This can be mana intensive, and thus Akiri really likes creatures that can reduce equip costs, including free equip creatures. This also means Akiri doesn't like creatures that want to hog all the equipment onto themselves. Thus, I suggest cutting Kemba, Kha Regent , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , and Champion of the Flame . Mirran Crusader and Wyleth, Soul of Steel are also questionable, but they're good enough with one equipment on them. I would recommend adding in those creatures that reduce your equip costs like Fervent Champion , Kazuul's Toll Collector , Zirda, the Dawnwaker , etc.
Aside from that, it's only individual cards that can probably be swapped out for better ones. I do recommend some of the recent commander legends and commander 2020 cards that get better when you have your commander out. I'm talking Deflecting Swat , Flawless Maneuver , Jeska's Will , and Akroma's Will .
9 months ago
You might like these: Puresteel Paladin , Wyleth, Soul of Steel , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , Armament Master , Champion of the Flame , Kemba, Kha Regent , Settle the Wreckage , Sword of the Animist , Reyav, Master Smith , Gorgon Flail , Gorgon's Head , Weathered Wayfarer , Expedition Map , Halvar, God of Battle Flip, Evolving Wilds , Ruin Ghost
10 months ago
Generally no. Valduk, Keeper of the Flame creates the tokens at the beginning of combat step. It's too late to activate equip abilities as they can only be activated during your main phase while the stack is empty. If you control Leonin Shikari, you'd be able to equip after making the token, due to removing that timing restriction. Some equipment like Sparring Collar have an ability that allows you to move it without using the equip ability.
10 months ago
While Valduk, Keeper of the Flame normally is the one getting equipped, I'm curious if I can equip Grafted Wargear on one of the 3/1 elementals he creates? When they hit the battlefield is it too late to use an equip ability?
10 months ago
Say Valduk, Keeper of the Flame has four equipment on him and Mana Echoes is in play, when the combat phase hits and Valduk creates four creatures, do they count each other towards Mana Echoes' effect, or not? We'll say no other elementals are on the BF either. So do we get 12 colorless mana, 6 mana, or none...?
11 months ago
11 months ago
Hey, good start, but without an infinite combo you should forget about trying to get to power level 8 because 8+ level decks win with infinite combos. Without an infinite combo then power level 6-7 is the highest level you should go for. Not having black's powerful tutors or Fetch lands are other reasons the power level isn't higher. With DFC you only count the front side of the card in the decklist, the backside is not added. For example Shatterskull Smashing Flip goes in the decklist, but Shatterskull, the Hammer Pass doesn't.
My advice is if you want to make a good Rakdos Toggo deck than build around Rocks. Take more advantage of Rocks to get more value out of them. Cranial Plating fueled by Rocks combos with Chandra's Ignition and Fling effects to kill your opponents with burn. Inspiring Statuary and Rocks can make a lot of ramp for Comet Storm or Exsanguinate.
- Reckless Fireweaver
- Ghirapur AEther Grid
- Quicksmith Genius
- Valduk, Keeper of the Flame
- Hammer of Nazahn
- Fabled Passage
- Jund Panorama
- Grixis Panorama
- Guildless Commons
- Great Furnace
- Vault of Whispers
Some other cards to consider adding:
- Red Elemental Blast
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Valakut Exploration
- Heartless Hidetsugu
- Torbran, Thane of Red Fell
- Price of Progress
Good luck with you deck.