|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Champion of the Flame
Creature — Human Warrior
Champion of the Flame gets +2/+2 for each Aura and Equipment attached to it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Champion of the Flame Discussion
5 days ago
1 week ago
While Tilonalli's Crown would normally be a very nice match, Champion of the Flame already comes with Trample built in. The plan here is to give him First Strike, so Kwende can give him Double Strike, and he can fly in with Cobbled Wings. Right now, the only other Aura I may add back in would be Frenzied Rage for Menace.
1 week ago
Great concept, but I'd consider a few changes.
- Fewer legendary creatures. With the number you have, dead draws are going to be a real problem.
- Protection for your key creatures, e.g. Champion of the Flame. Without it, you can be X-for-oned by something as simple and cheap as a Doom Blade.
- More auras and equipments. You definitely want to have them on hand.
Just my 2 cents worth.
1 week ago
Hope this helps :)
3 weeks ago
Also Danitha Capashen, Paragon makes equipment cheaper, and if you wanted to go all in on voltron without necessarily relying on your commander, you could run Valduk, Keeper of the Flame, Champion of the Flame, or Kemba, Kha Regent. Those are just my suggestions though.
1 month ago
Playtested this, and on my first try it worked pretty well. I got a turn 2 Champion of the Flame, turn 3 Danita Capashen, Paragon, and turn 4 Weatherlight and Shield of the Realm. Turn 5 cast a Frenzied Rage and equipped the shield. Champion is now a 7/6 with a shielding effect, menace and trample, and attacked. Next turn got out Forebear's Blade making Champion a 10/7 with trample, vigilance, menace, and by this time, I am almost certainly going to win in the next few turns.
1 month ago
Warrior Creatures to Consider:
Devoted Crop-Mate like a weird Alesha
Hidden Dragonslayer decent removal
Ironclad Slayer if you are playing a lot of equipments
Malakir Cullblade gets bigger
Champion of the Flame if you go super heavy on the equipment
Garna, the Bloodflame save the creatures from a boardwipe? Not sure how it will do in action
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs pillowfort and some bodies
Taurean Mauler -technically a warrior
Burnished Hart ramp and can be brought back by Alesha
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight -got reprinted in Master 25 so its cheaper and will get reprinted again in Commander anthology II but that one will be foil so not sure if that will affect price
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser goad is amazing and his second ability is nice if you have mana to spend
Equipment to Consider:
Sunforger one of the best equipments in these colors, fetch your removal
Kusari-Gama mini boardwipe if they block
Artifacts to Consider:
- Gilded Lotus just got reprinted so its cheaper now
- Fellwar Stone our play group usually has your colors
- Oketra's Monument cast a warrior, get a warrior
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh
- Mardu Ascendancy
- Dictate of the Twin Gods you have both gods in deck, so why not?
- Berserkers' Onslaught
- Gift of Immortality
- Behind the Scenes since some of your creatures have low-ish power, although might such with all the anthem effects you have
- Pain Magnification just a fun card
- Kindred Boon
- Chandra's Ignition -really great boardwipe for this deck, if zurgo has lifelink you will get that life and also anything that dies will give him counters. You could have zurgo, cast this, and then more than likely one shot a player
- Read the Bones
- Open the Armory
- Disrupt Decorum tapped out won't link this for some reason
Instants: (sticking with four or less Cmc for sunforger shenanigans)
- Rogue's Passage
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry kinda pricey now tho
Mardu is great for control, so its best to have plenty of removal spells. I would not have Spinerock Knoll since it might be too slow. Windbrisk Heights might be better than Spinerock tho. Like what if you need to play that spell but can't get 7 damage off. Also, Graveblade Marauder seems too situational to leave an impact. When you start adding/removal stuff to the deck, make sure to keep it low cmc as you can since you don't have much in terms of ramp in these colors; be sure to keep as mana rocks as you can for the same reason.
1 month ago
I would like to follow up on your comment you made recently on my deck LOCK-N-LAOD, and thank you by the way for your thoughts and upvote. Auras are strong with this type of deck but I fear that all it takes is one removal and I will lose all my fuel. That is why I went with the equipment route. Also, the reason why I hadn't put in Blackblade Reforged is because of its cost to get out and its equipment cost. Although it is a really good card for late game and on Danitha, the main goal is to go all or go home. So that is why I moved the 1 cost cast and equip artifacts, to build up and punch with Champion of the Flame or Valduk, Keeper of the Flame.
Thank you much again :)