Blunt the Assault
You gain 1 life for each creature on the battlefield. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blunt the Assault Discussion
2 months ago
Cards like Blunt the Assault , Terrifying Presence , Riot Control , Sunblast Angel , Linvala, Keeper of Silence , Basandra, Battle Seraph , Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Fumigate , and Blasphemous Act are my suggestions.
9 months ago
I'd cut Hunting Triad , Llanowar Scout , Sprouting Renewal , Blunt the Assault , Defend the Hearth , Fog , Pause for Reflection , and Root Snare fogs aren't as good as you think. It just buys you a turn without dealing with any threats
1 year ago
Try Aura Shards for cleaning table with your tokens.
And for your token production? Oketra´s Monument. If you have too much tokens, try Throne of the God-Pharaoh.
1 year ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
2 years ago
The first thing that stands out is that the ratios for this deck lean very heavily towards single use, non-repeatable effects. There should probably be a bit more land (I'd aim for at least 36 or so), and a few of the cheap fetch lands would go a long way. While you have some token generators, some additional creatures would probably help as well. Think of it this way: late in the game with no cards in hand, how big of an impact will the card have? If you can include a card with more than one use, the chances go up.
TL;DR I would cut some of the limited focus instants and sorceries for some additional land and some creatures/artifacts that still move towards your theme.
Some Suggestions on what to add:
My suggestions on what to remove:
Land: 1 Forest, 1 Plains (2)
2 years ago
Before I say anything else, take the Blunt the Assaults out of there. Fog-like effects are only necessary in decks based around it and Isochron Scepter. If you're in a position in which you need a spell like that, I'd recommend Arachnogenesis. I would suggest cutting the "one-ofs" for the sake of consistency, though I'm not too sure about your budget. Eternal Witness instead of Greenwarden of Marusa, though I like the warden, up to you. I'd take out Magma Phoenix and Purphoros, God of the Forge. Blasphemous Act kills all your shit, Savage Twister might work better in here. Signal the Clans or Worldly Tutor for getting stuff.
Night Soil isn't necessary. If you want something to get rid of graveyards, go with Relic of Progenitus or Grafdigger's Cage. I wouldn't recommend having Primal Surge in here since you have 18 non-permanent spells, but if it works... I'd also advise more ramp; instead of stuff that enchants your lands to get more mana, get more lands. Stuff like Kadoma's Reach, Cultivate, Rampant Growth. Maybe Temple of the False God or Sol Ring (not Modern legal). Draw spells like Explore or Life's Legacy. Sorry for the disorganization, good luck and shit
2 years ago
Remove Naturalize and add Natural End. Fits better with your theme. Consider Riot Control and Blunt the Assault for Fog effect and life gain. Alive / Well should be replaced with Congregate since it gets every creature in play.