|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Blue creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, target creature an opponent controls doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Kefnet's Monument Discussion
1 week ago
I actually had both of those on the list, but they ended up not making the cut. I'm going to try making room again for Kefnet's Monument; I think the discount would be worth it.
2 weeks ago
I agree with Nillstan but i would keep the evolving wilds or run more swamps or a few more Islands but not a lot. Also I don't think the Kefnet's Monument would be necessary because he can only have one at a time on the battlefield, but the Bontu's Monument would be priceless in the deck, i would find that to be your trump card.
2 weeks ago
Also, I'd get a couple Bontu's Monument so that your rats run for 1 mana a piece. Much easier to flood the board. Also drains tons of life in something like this so it's a win-win. Doesn't hurt your mana curve either.
I wouldn't add Kefnet's Monument though. You're not running a ton of blue creatures so it's only at half effectiveness. Not to say that the second effect is a bad one, there's just better things you could be doing with that mana.
That's what I think.
3 weeks ago
Looks like a fun deck. I tested esper for a bit before i went with my Tallowisp build. When I tried it I didn't really like Vial that much, but some people love that card in spirits so that's flavor.
One card I really liked while testing esper was Supernatural Stamina It was unexpected and caught my opponent off guard.
Another card to consider is Kefnet's Monumentwith a high creature count can mess with your opponents board, and lower the cost of most of your stuff.
Nebelgast Heraldis a pretty solid spirit also. I would recommend testing him if you are facing a lot of creature decks
I am not sure about Supreme Verdict you want to be agro and it hits all of your creatures also possible a opportunity to up your push/path count. depending on what you face there is other removal to use.
I also think Ghostly Prison is more of a sideboard card. This is more of an agro deck so don't really see it in the deck, but as all cards its meta dependent. Not sure if you would want to waste turn 3 casting it vs a creature type thing.
Also you have a pretty good anti spell package with your spirits. Maybe drop the Remand to up your push/path count depending on your meta.
if you get a chance please take a look at my Tallowisp Spirits and let me know what you think. Suggestions are appreciated
2 months ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
2 months ago
I've noticed a lot of similarities here with my own mono-blue, combo-slinging Faerie Control deck and thought you might be interested in taking a look at some of the interesting combos I use!
For example, you could better capitalize on your Sower of Temptation's ability to steal a creature by using a Ghostly Flicker to flicker both your Sower AND the creature you've taken with Sower! This re-trigger's Sower's ability AND returns to other creature to your control unconditionally! Ghostly Flicker can be used well with ANY of your faeries to re-trigger enter the battlefield abilities!
Fog Bank is a powerful defender, and I had a spot for him on my mainboard for quite a long time before swapping it out with Mistblade Shinobi, and later Phantasmal Image. Fog Bank is a great stand alone addition to your deck, but doesn't combo with anything! I wonder if its filling a spot that could be better used by something that synergizes more effectively with you deck?
I am really excited to hear how Kefnet's Monument plays with this deck! It's a great way to speed things up and more confidently spend your mana and might just be the backbone of your faerie combo deck!
3 months ago
I also love cards like Mist-Cloaked Herald with cards like Navigator's Ruin. I feel like Curious Obsession is a great card, and pairs well with Mist-Cloaked Herald, but I think it takes too long to get Navigator's Ruin and Fraying Sanity off.
Expel from Orazca is great, but doesn't pair with getting your opponents to lose cards. You might want to consider replacing this with some Compelling Argument instead
I also think it might be worth looking into Baral, Chief of Compliance, and adding in some of the counter cards (like Essence Scatter, Disallow, Negate).I have personally found it almost not worth putting a card in if you only put one copy in. I feel like I would take The Immortal Sun out and replace it with another Kefnet's Monument, or remove them both and replace them with some counter cards.
3 months ago
Does Kefnet's Monument work with the ninjutsu ability??? I mean, do they cost less???