Blue creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, target creature an opponent controls doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Kefnet's Monument Discussion
57 minutes ago
I've noticed a lot of similarities here with my own mono-blue, combo-slinging Faerie Control deck and thought you might be interested in taking a look at some of the interesting combos I use!
For example, you could better capitalize on your Sower of Temptation's ability to steal a creature by using a Ghostly Flicker to flicker both your Sower AND the creature you've taken with Sower! This re-trigger's Sower's ability AND returns to other creature to your control unconditionally! Ghostly Flicker can be used well with ANY of your faeries to re-trigger enter the battlefield abilities!
Fog Bank is a powerful defender, and I had a spot for him on my mainboard for quite a long time before swapping it out with Mistblade Shinobi, and later Phantasmal Image. Fog Bank is a great stand alone addition to your deck, but doesn't combo with anything! I wonder if its filling a spot that could be better used by something that synergizes more effectively with you deck?
I am really excited to hear how Kefnet's Monument plays with this deck! It's a great way to speed things up and more confidently spend your mana and might just be the backbone of your faerie combo deck!
2 weeks ago
I also love cards like Mist-Cloaked Herald with cards like Navigator's Ruin. I feel like Curious Obsession is a great card, and pairs well with Mist-Cloaked Herald, but I think it takes too long to get Navigator's Ruin and Fraying Sanity off.
Expel from Orazca is great, but doesn't pair with getting your opponents to lose cards. You might want to consider replacing this with some Compelling Argument instead
I also think it might be worth looking into Baral, Chief of Compliance, and adding in some of the counter cards (like Essence Scatter, Disallow, Negate).I have personally found it almost not worth putting a card in if you only put one copy in. I feel like I would take The Immortal Sun out and replace it with another Kefnet's Monument, or remove them both and replace them with some counter cards.
2 weeks ago
Does Kefnet's Monument work with the ninjutsu ability??? I mean, do they cost less???
3 weeks ago
- Mindcrank - keep in mind that things like Underground River or Phyrexian Arena also trigger Mindcrank. Mwahaha
- Spelltwine - instead of or in addition to Memory Plunder. Not instant speed, but two spells rather than just one.
- Mastermind's Acquisition - the official commander rules are a little fuzzy on bringing cards in from outside the game. I believe they say to handle it on a playgroup by playgroup basis, so just check with your opponents before you start
- Silumgar's Command, Ruinous Path, or Hero's Downfall can help with removal
You also have no sort of board wipe or wrath. Something like a cycled Decree of Pain would miss most of your high-toughness dudes or it could be cast normally if needed. Tragic Slip is an EDH staple and gets around indestructible.
Things you could possibly remove:
- Living Wall - I feel like you can do better than 4 mana for a 0/6 (Like Guardians of Meletis for example, which you already have), though the regenerate is nice.
- Forgotten Creation - what benefit do you get from discarding your hand? Is there a card that deals damage to your opponents when you do? If there's nothing like that, Forgotten Creation isn't contributing much. I'd feel like you'll be able to achieve delirium fairly easily
- Kefnet's Monument and Bontu's Monument - keep an eye on your black to blue creature ratio and your creature to non-creature ratio to see if you should remove one or both of these
- Meekstone - currently about 1/3 of your creatures have power 3 or greater so keep an eye on this
- Swarm Intelligence - lots of mana when you have other ways of copying spells. Though this is an enchantment. Hmm.
- Candles of Leng - Why not just Staff of Nin or something instead?
- Soul Net - doesn't trigger off of things being put from a library into the graveyard
3 months ago
Hey multimedia , what a nice comment here. I will, for sure, consider all of that.little explication on the content if this deck: right now, I'm facing a Slivers deck and the few first times I faced him, I got destroyed before I could take Talrand on the table so I kept a few cheap creatures to face the first Slivers to enter the table since I didn't had Drake tokens.After a little change in my play strategy, I keep up a little bit longer.To boost a little bit more this deck, I'm searching for a few cards like Sol Ring or Kefnet's Monument so my spells cost less/I have more mana quickly on the table. This way, I can get Talrand quicker and he produces more Drakes in a turn.
4 months ago
Okay, all the following can go as they are either too expensive or not instants or sorceries. You need to focus on Niv's strengths if you are going to win even casual games ;)
5 months ago
5 months ago
@ boazboy You're absolutely right, I will double check the card, I probably translated it from French without checking.
Comments still incoming when I have some free time.